Cooking

Gemmill

Doing a curry tonight. Bought a shoulder of lamb yesterday, keeping it simple but spicy. Onions, garlic, ginger then spices, then the meat, then chopped tomato, then yoghurt, then simmer then coriander. Bought some oven bake naan breads as a treat. Will make enough for a lunch or 2 over the week as leftovers.

Will serve with a Bandol wine. I've become interested in putting red wine with spicey thai / indian etc curries. I dont drink much beer anymore so have got into red wine + curries when doing them. A Bandol is one which works well.

When you have resigned yourself to the change in your life (baby) and realise that you no longer have the time to go out ans see friends then you may end up getting into cooking too.

I dont understand how anyone cant be, i learned when i left home at 18 to go to University. I never lived at home again after that permanently so had to learn how to cook and cheaply. Nowadays, i buy the very best and pair with 30 quid bottles of wine. I spend all the money i save not going out and pissing it up walls.

Cling film for burns. Run under cold tap, dry it off then cover the burn in cling film. Absolutely sorts you out.

I'd had a few pints ( :lol: ) and the other half tried to tell me to run it under the tap. I wouldn't have it though.

When you have resigned yourself to the change in your life (baby) and realise that you no longer have the time to go out ans see friends then you may end up getting into cooking too.

I dont understand how anyone cant be, i learned when i left home at 18 to go to University. I never lived at home again after that permanently so had to learn how to cook and cheaply. Nowadays, i buy the very best and pair with 30 quid bottles of wine. I spend all the money i save not going out and pissing it up walls.

Once she's finished breast feeding she'll be back in the kitchen. That's not me being Andy Capp, she loves cooking/baking.

I drive her mad because I'm not the least bit foody. If I like something I'll say so, but 2 years after a meal she'll still go on about how amazing I thought it was when i can't remember a thing about it. It's all just fuel afaic, i have to ask her if i like stuff like Tiramisu :D

Once she's finished breast feeding she'll be back in the kitchen.

:lol: Generally and specifically right this minute too. Get back in there.

I can understand the perspective that its just fuel but its a shame not to enjoy it more. As i say, i reckon apart from people like Brock who are professionally interested, it comes to everyone when there is fuck all else to do.

I can understand the perspective that its just fuel but its a shame not to enjoy it more. As i say, i reckon apart from people like Brock who are professionally interested, it comes to everyone when there is fuck all else to do.

Yep, it's apparent HF has no other interests to fill his spare time. :D

I'm officially giving up my effort to be vegan then dairy free for January. Going vegan lasted a feeble 6 days, dairy free lasted 13. A disappointing effort. I feel much healthier than I did at the back end of last year, but that may down to the cuts in alcohol consumption and resumption of exercise as much as going vegan.

I'll never know. What I would say is I'm thoroughly looking forward to a pizza tonight at Pulcinella on Old Compton Street, followed by a tasting evening at the Soho Whisky club.

Have to agree with that.

(Not as nice as your tea sounds but I'm off to help with our tea, Mince, dumplings and veg). :)

Edited by Howmanheyman

Just got given a bag of beetroots and Jerusalem artichokes from a friend's overflowing allotment. Need to look for something interesting to do with them that isn't just "soup" (though that will be the backup if all else fails :lol:).

Just got given a bag of beetroots and Jerusalem artichokes from a friend's overflowing allotment. Need to look for something interesting to do with them that isn't just "soup" (though that will be the backup if all else fails :lol:).

Are you fucking kidding me?!

I can tell you what to do with them!