Cooking

Gemmill

Can I just thank CT on behalf of the Toontastic community for not only informing us about him now having a broken pepper grinder but also for presenting us with photographic evidence as I'm sure there may have been a few who might've seriously doubted such momentous news. Well done, Andrew! :good: (And hope you can replace the broken one with a new one). ;)

:lol:

Can I just thank CT on behalf of the Toontastic community for not only informing us about him now having a broken pepper grinder but also for presenting us with photographic evidence as I'm sure there may have been a few who might've seriously doubted such momentous news. Well done, Andrew! :good: (And hope you can replace the broken one with a new one). ;)

Update. Matalan.

Posted Image

:lol:

@@Tooj

Seems you, like me, have been hitting the Port over Christmas.

I found the perfect recipe to shift all the left over booze

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/poultry-and-game/venison/venison-braised-in-guinness-and-port-with-pickled-walnuts.html

I'm going to use beef instead of venison this Sunday, otherwise this is a "clear the cupboard" recipe. :lol:

I am fucking salivating.

@@Tooj

Seems you, like me, have been hitting the Port over Christmas.

I found the perfect recipe to shift all the left over booze

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/poultry-and-game/venison/venison-braised-in-guinness-and-port-with-pickled-walnuts.html

I'm going to use beef instead of venison this Sunday, otherwise this is a "clear the cupboard" recipe. :lol:

I am fucking salivating.

sweetjesus.jpg

Clearing the cupboards (well, mainly the fridge) here too in advance of the hike Toonwards tomorrow morning, so tonight it'll be tagliatelle with salmon and artichokes in a creamy white wine sauce, don'tcha know. :naughty:

I baked my lamb and date koftas today instead of the usual frying to see if it would taste drastically different. Turned out very nicely, and bugger all extra fat going in as I omitted the oil entirely.

I've taken to making tzatziki (which goes with the above) and raita now with raw courgette instead of cucumber. Tastes a little less sharp and creamier when paired with greek yoghurt. Never really been a fan of cucumber so I think this will be a mainstay. :)

Lucky devils attending the restaurant tomorrow will be getting the scratch-made lasagne I made to celebrate my pasta machine Christmas pressie. :D