Gemmill

So, we've reached the end of my beetroot journey of discovery. :(

In they went and out they came.

5e3ybapa.jpg

3erupeny.jpg

And into a quick salad....

upe2e7a9.jpg

Conclusion.

Perfectly ok but nowt special. What makes it a smidge better than the ready cooked pre packed stuff is the fact that it's warm and not chilled. The solution is obvious, warm up pre packed ready cooked beets in the microwave.

On the plus side an Australian beetroot site also included this balsamic dressing which is very nice.

Balsamic vinaigrette

Makes about ½ cup (125ml)

1½ tbs balsamic

1tsp Dijon mustard

1 garlic clove, crushed

100ml extra virgin olive oil

Combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a small bowl and whisk together. Slowly start whisking in the olive oil until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle it over your salad.

All's well that ends well :)

Fuck! They look fantastic, I'll have to give them a go when I get back to Luxembourg.

I didn't make them like but got them from a vendor stood on a street corner in Turkey. That seems to be the recipe for them though. :up:

Can you imagine the state of his Instagram page man? Here's a delicious slice of toast. Here are some sweet potatoes, ready for the oven. Here is a perfectly boiled egg

Let's just be grateful he never got involved in the 'Your latest shite' thread. :good:

Doing a few of my own things this weekend, because Im fucking fantastic at this shit :thumbup:

Bacon & beef burgers (basically 50/50 shredded bacon and minced beef with garlic, egg, pepper

Sweet potato mash (sweet potato, crushed pecans, grass fed butter, coconut milk, cinnamon/cloves)

Cookies using crushed almonds, eggs, dried fruit, coconut.

I genuinely can't look at people posting nice things in this thread any more without wondering how CT is going to badger them for the recipes then bastardise and butcher them. :(

I genuinely can't look at people posting nice things in this thread any more without wondering how CT is going to badger them for the recipes then bastardise and butcher them. :(

:lol: I was drooling through his post and just about to seek clarification on a few points.

How long do you have to microwave burgers?

I didn't do my car biscuit experiment - weather forecast said it'd be 19C out so I didn't bother. It ended up being pretty sweltering so i'm a bit miffed.

Going to prep some salmon fillets and make up a peach salsa to spoon on top for tea. Salsa is 1 peach, minced red onion, handful fresh coriander, nip of tequila and a squeeze of lime juice. Then I'll just microwave the whole lot together and post a shit photo of it.

"How do I feed my butter the grass. Should I take a lap around my patch with a lawnmower and then spoon feed it the clippings. Does it prefer if I kick my feet up and let it grow quite long before taking scissors to it? How about chili flakes? I enjoy them. Should I give the grass a dash?"

"How do I feed my butter the grass. Should I take a lap around my patch with a lawnmower and then spoon feed it the clippings. Does it prefer if I kick my feet up and let it grow quite long before taking scissors to it? How about chili flakes? I enjoy them. Should I give the grass a dash?"

:lol:

Gnocchi Pomodoro pasta bake. As easy to make as it sounds from Gino's Pasta book. Very nice, although not special (it was pasta, onion, tomato sauce, cheese and garlic, so you can't expect too much). That's what I had for tea btw, not lunch. If one of the mods could move this post, please.