Cooking

Gemmill

• 3 weeks later...

Found a fantastic fruit cake recipe that we have made and can confirm it is delicious.

c25fdbed-540d-4bd8-97f6-17d8cdf39073.jpg

225g self raising flour

110g butter

110g sugar

225g mixed fruit (include cherries if wished)

1 egg

5 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon mixed spice (optional)

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/23595/quick---easy-fruit-cake.aspx

However, it is very very crumbly. Any one know what needs to be done to get it to be less crumbly? Is it to do with adding more / less fluids or is it to do with the mixing?

Pre match scran. :)

2cwvqsh.jpg

no prizes for presentatrion. what would greg and john say?

honestly, you've got this unatual ability to make every dish you post look as vile as possible. i'm sure some of it can't be as bad as it looks.

and curry pasta? seriously?

Deffo another egg.

I had chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in bacon last night. Never actually made it before so happy it came out nice and tender. Saute parmesan potatoes and green beans to go with too. Whassa madda with you?

honestly, you've got this unatual ability to make every dish you post look as vile as possible. i'm sure some of it can't be as bad as it looks.

Those sausages again! Howay CT if you're going to do a fry up you have to do it properly! 80% pork sausages not ASDA bangers. :D Where's the beans and the hash browns? Special mention to the slice of toast delicately placed just off camera too.

Curry pasta isn't really a norm but I'm sure it could be tampered with. Gino D'Acampo does an italian-style curry in one of his books which is alright. I used to live with a couple (as well as two others) in my second year at uni and 3 nights a week they'd have a jar of sharwood korma sauce poured over chicken and tagliatelle. Rank. :lol:

Not sure what your issue is with curry pasta? Loads of recipes on the net for it and most decent Italian restaurants have their own version.

I had chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in bacon last night. Never actually made it before so happy it came out nice and tender. Saute parmesan potatoes and green beans to go with too. Whassa madda with you?

Always a good bet. This is the recipe I tend to follow: http://home.bitchbuzz.com/tasty-quickie-mozzarella-parma-ham-wrapped.html

Not sure what your issue is with curry pasta? Loads of recipes on the net for it and most decent Italian restaurants have their own version.

I'm currently in Tuscany (working class as I am) and can state this is absolutely true. Had a stonking Rigatoni Tartufo con Balti just last night.

Always a good bet. This is the recipe I tend to follow: http://home.bitchbuz...am-wrapped.html

Bitchbuzz :D

I panicked as I was cooking the thing at 200C but after 10 mins it was opaque so cranked it down to 50 for another 30 mins. Came out very tender but mam's oven is a little unpredictable so baking things can be quite interesting.

Bitchbuzz :D

I panicked as I was cooking the thing at 200C but after 10 mins it was opaque so cranked it down to 50 for another 30 mins. Came out very tender but mam's oven is a little unpredictable so baking things can be quite interesting.

Aye, I have a history with unpredictable ovens too... :unsure:

Always read the fucking instructions first :lol:

Just trying to knock up a recipe for greek burgers in a rush so chucked all the ingredients in a bowl. At the end of prep I re checked and realised the load of mayo and minced garlic was to make a dip and not part of the burger :(

In the George Foreman expecting the worst. Not telling the family unless they spit it out. :)