Cooking

Gemmill

I'm still yet to try adding chocolate as loads of people seem to do it and highly recommend it.

Lots of ghost chillis is a most though.

I prefer Scotch Bonnets, as well as good heat they add a great flavour.

Grew my own last year, good crop and well hot, placky gloves on when preparing though.

My lad got a bottle of hot sauce from the states it's 392K on the scoville, a little-finger nail sized drop is perfect for anything you want to spice up, half that for "not a big panfull" though.

Thinking of doing a nice "house special" wagamama stif fry for tea.

In the past I've used fillet steak in strips for a stir fry that was great.

Can you use other cuts of meat and get a decent stir fry result.

(Feel like George Osborne typing that) :lol:

On that theme does anybody have any good recipes for a peanut/peanut butter based stir fry sauce?

I fry onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, curry powder, coriander together until fragrant and the onion is soft. Not too high a heat as otherwise the garlic gets too bitter obv.

Add in peanut butter, coconut milk and some veg/chicken stock if you want to thin the sauce at all then let it all simmer down.

I like to make the above as a casserole with sweet potato and lentils in; tastes great.

On that theme does anybody have any good recipes for a peanut/peanut butter based stir fry sauce?

Not a stir fry, but I use a wicked one for chicken kebabs as sauce its lush!

Ill post it up the neet when I get home.

Would never waste a good fillett in a stir fry like. :D

If you're stir frying for 3 mins it needs to be a good piece of steak, you don't want stewing steak anyway. Top cuts of Wagyu beef is a feature of most top Asian restaurants.

Thinking of doing a nice "house special" wagamama stif fry for tea.

In the past I've used fillet steak in strips for a stir fry that was great.

Can you use other cuts of meat and get a decent stir fry result.

(Feel like George Osborne typing that) :lol:

You can get away with cheaper cuts imo (though not too cheap!), but marinating the meat well beforehand will help in the tenderness stakes.

Also try a little splatter of Jack Daniels Barbeque Sauce in there ;) *taps nose*

I was adding chocolate to mine but I now find adding a little bit of sugar (just to offset the bitterness of the tomotoes) and cocoa powder gives a better taste. The difference is marginal like.