Cooking

Gemmill

5 minutes? You could open two cans of beans and a ready meal of mash in that time. :nono:

:lol:

I just realised it's probably the only proper meal I make that takes longer to eat than prepare.

All joking aside, that is one of the depressing things about cooking properly. I can see why some people live off ready meals when you have that "two hours in the kitchen = 10 minutes on the plate" equation to deal with.

All joking aside, that is one of the depressing things about cooking properly. I can see why some people live off ready meals when you have that "two hours in the kitchen = 10 minutes on the plate" equation to deal with.

This. Trying to eat slowly to savour the results never works.

it's so worth it man. when does a ready meal ever taste as good as home cooked meal?

Sometimes there just isn't time to cook from scratch. I wonder though when the last time you had a ready meal was or if you have literally tried them all. M&S curries, for instance, take some beating.

Sometimes there just isn't time to cook from scratch. I wonder though when the last time you had a ready meal was or if you have literally tried them all. M&S curries, for instance, take some beating.

if i'm too busy or lazy to cook, i'll order something in, cooked by somebody else. not a fan of supermarket prepared stuff. generally tastes a bit artificial to me and never as good as the real thing. it's like pizza. why buy an oven pizza from a supermarket when you can order an italian style thin and crispy delight cooked in a wood burning oven from the local firezza?

and i'm aware m&s and waitrose do some ok stuff compared to tv meals of days gone by but why get a curry from m&s when you can get a one cooked fresh by an indian and delivered to your door?

Potato latkes tonight. :thumbup:

Leftover mash with some mixed herbs, paprika, garlic (grated perhaps), cream cheese and flour. Form into patties and fry until both sides are well browned.

Serving up with some green beans, courgettes and topped with fried egg & bacon.

Leftover mash with some mixed herbs, paprika, garlic (grated perhaps), cream cheese and flour. Form into patties and fry until both sides are well browned.

that's a gloom family classic. nice one.

if i'm too busy or lazy to cook, i'll order something in, cooked by somebody else. not a fan of supermarket prepared stuff. generally tastes a bit artificial to me and never as good as the real thing. it's like pizza. why buy an oven pizza from a supermarket when you can order an italian style thin and crispy delight cooked in a wood burning oven from the local firezza?

and i'm aware m&s and waitrose do some ok stuff compared to tv meals of days gone by but why get a curry from m&s when you can get a one cooked fresh by an indian and delivered to your door?

For me, cost ;).

So many recipes, not enough time :(

Making some tandoori chicken for tea tonight.

It's been in the fridge for twenty four hours in a marinade of yoghurt and tandoori spices. :)

Did you make little cuts in the chicken? [/muppetprobablyhasn'tandwillsayyes]

Tonight our lass is cooking (once a month event) and we're having jacket potatoes and salad. Might have to cut her down to once a year.

Mine does spag bog once a year or avocado salad. That's literally it. Germans basically can't cook - any of them in any timeline - anywhere.

Because imo M&S curries are far nicer than most Indian take aways which frankly I think are poor quality with meat from fuck knows where. Also there's the expense.

The odd shop bought pizza express pizza (which seem to be permanently on offer) are ok, but why get a restaurant bought take away, why not eat in the restaurant? I'm really not a fan of take aways unless there's no other option tbh.

Because imo M&S curries are far nicer than most Indian take aways which frankly I think are poor quality with meat from fuck knows where. Also there's the expense.

The odd shop bought pizza express pizza (which seem to be permanently on offer) are ok, but why get a restaurant bought take away, why not eat in the restaurant? I'm really not a fan of take aways unless there's no other option tbh.

m&S curries is the thing I miss the most. Really well made imo.

I've got a two year old so don't enjoy the luxury of eating out that often anymore. Takeaways are our Friday night treat when neither of us can be fucked to cook after a week in the office. I cook from scratch every other night of the week.

I'm lucky that I live near several excellent places that deliver. I can get top qulity Indian. South Indian, Thai, Italian and Japanese delivered to my door in just over half an hour

Eating out is great with bambinos man, should be positively encouraged.

Yeah it's good at the weekend but tends to be Sunday lunch or an early tea on Sarurday. By the time the wife and I are back from work it's practically his bed time. Going out to eat at the drop of a hat is probably the thing I miss most about not having kids. Even more than the lack of sleep!