Cooking

Gemmill

Im going to have a bash at the recipe for mayo in the silver spoon. Has a basic mayo sauce and then lots of variations (except garlic) :lol:

THEN JUST TAKE ONE THAT SOUNDS NICE AND ADD SOME GARLIC TO IT

Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. :razz:

My efforts to shed a few pounds have me enjoying noodle soup for lunch every day.

I love noodle soup; it is piss easy to make, flexible to adapt, filling and very healthy as long as you don't start adding double cream. ;)

Grate one clove garlic and one similar size piece of ginger into a pan. Don't bother to peel anything, just grate on.

Add 300ish ml boiled water and put on the stove on a medium heat.

Drop in some fresh veg - for laziness I often use a pre cut stir fry mix - the kind of thing you can get in Tesco for £1.50 - it has bean shoots, onion, grated carrot, peppers, mushroom etc. If using one of these pre mixes I add about a quarter, a large handful.

if you have some frozen peas or sweetcorn add a small handful of them too.

I sometimes add a small amount of frozen soy mince for extra texture

A healthy glug of soy sauce and a few drops of good chilli sauce according to your preference. Also a small handful of coriander if you have some in.

I have some brown vermicelli noodles and I add 50 g of those - they are ideal as they are cooked in a couple of minutes.

Once the noodles are done, pour into large bowl and eat with chopsticks and a spoon for greatest satisfaction.

My efforts to shed a few pounds have me enjoying noodle soup for lunch every day.

I love noodle soup; it is piss easy to make, flexible to adapt, filling and very healthy as long as you don't start adding double cream. ;)

Grate one clove garlic and one similar size piece of ginger into a pan. Don't bother to peel anything, just grate on.

Drop in some fresh veg - for laziness I often use a pre cut stir fry mix - the kind of thing you can get in Tesco for £1.50 - it has bean shoots, onion, grated carrot, peppers, mushroom etc. If using one of these pre mixes I add about a quarter, a large handful.

A healthy glug of soy sauce and a few drops of good chilli sauce according to your preference. Also a small handful of coriander if you have some in.

I have some brown vermicelli noodles and I add 50 g of those - they are ideal as they are cooked in a couple of minutes.

Once the noodles are done, pour into large bowl and eat with chopsticks and a spoon for greatest satisfaction.

That sounds really nice.

While we are talking about graters do people just use the bog standard four sided job for the likes of ginger and garlic. I tend to fine that a clove of garlic grated mainly stops in the grater.

Also with a garlic press. Most of the usual supermarket candidates seem shite and doing the job.

That sounds really nice.

While we are talking about graters do people just use the bog standard four sided job for the likes of ginger and garlic. I tend to fine that a clove of garlic grated mainly stops in the grater.

Also with a garlic press. Most of the usual supermarket candidates seem shite and doing the job.

31qcEsj%2B4tL._SL500_.jpg

japanese noodle soup is the bomb. there's a chain down here called itsu. not sure if it's int he toon yet. lush noodle soups for under a fiver a pop.

japanese noodle soup is the bomb. there's a chain down here called itsu. not sure if it's int he toon yet. lush noodle soups for under a fiver a pop.

Aye had a few of those down here too. Very nice.

Grated garlic eh? This is the new level.

If only it could be somehow added to bread it could be the future.

CT, I didn't actually add any water, just a few granules of salt for seasoning. Couldn't be easier; wash half a cauliflower; chop into florets, blend, season, and microwave for 3 1/2 mins. I imagine you could add a bit of olive oil, chilli, or soy sauce, depending on what you're having it with. That's 300 calories saved for more chocolate. ;)

If only it could be somehow added to bread it could be the future.

CT, I didn't actually add any water, just a few granules of salt for seasoning. Couldn't be easier; wash half a cauliflower; chop into florets, blend, season, and microwave for 3 1/2 mins. I imagine you could add a bit of olive oil, chilli, or soy sauce, depending on what you're having it with. That's 300 calories saved for more chocolate. ;)

Cheers and coughfuckyougemillcough :lol:

:lol:

Im sure its great, but I want the other one.

You'll never get enough use out of it to justify the price. Buy cheap, it crushes your soul less when you look in your cupboards and see all the shite you never actually use. ;)

I've got a Jamie garlic press too. It's quality.

Potato ricer is still my favourite though. :D

I've been considering one of those for a while but cant seem to understand how they work any better than a masher. I mean when you mash the fuck out of a taty its mashed.