Cooking

Gemmill

As per the recipe I cut the skin off.Mental I know.

The bacteria in the yoghurt penetrates the meat, so it doesn't matter whether you make slits or not. You only need the slits if you're marinating it for a short period of time. Overnight is plenty of time for the flavour to get in there.

Skin is optional.

On the plus side I have however made an absolutely delicious house special curry tonight with King Prawns, Chicken and Rump steak.

About 285 calories (excl rice).

:)

Do you mean special curry or have you in fact made a banana smoothy?

My efforts to shed a few pounds have me enjoying noodle soup for lunch every day.

I love noodle soup; it is piss easy to make, flexible to adapt, filling and very healthy as long as you don't start adding double cream. ;)

Grate one clove garlic and one similar size piece of ginger into a pan. Don't bother to peel anything, just grate on.

Add 300ish ml boiled water and put on the stove on a medium heat.

Drop in some fresh veg - for laziness I often use a pre cut stir fry mix - the kind of thing you can get in Tesco for 1.50 - it has bean shoots, onion, grated carrot, peppers, mushroom etc. If using one of these pre mixes I add about a quarter, a large handful.

if you have some frozen peas or sweetcorn add a small handful of them too.

I sometimes add a small amount of frozen soy mince for extra texture

A healthy glug of soy sauce and a few drops of good chilli sauce according to your preference. Also a small handful of coriander if you have some in.

I have some brown vermicelli noodles and I add 50 g of those - they are ideal as they are cooked in a couple of minutes.

Once the noodles are done, pour into large bowl and eat with chopsticks and a spoon for greatest satisfaction.

Just made my version of this. :)

Cupboards were absolutely bare so just chucked it what was available.

900 ml Knorr chicken stock

2 x bags of Birds eye garden mix

1/2 carton of basmati rice

1 x garlic clove

good splosh of soya sauce

few sprinkles of ginger

few sprinkles of chilli powder

Couple of handfuls of cooked pasta twists.

Enough for 4 and bloody delicious. :)

enevu8av.jpg

Edited by Christmas Tree