Tooj

Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Lad I worked with used to come in with a Starbucks every day, buy his lunch from Pret/Eat or the like every day and he'd more often than not pop to the snack machine for a Twix or whatever. Nigh on a tenner a day on food, or £200 a month spent on pretty bang average food and drink. He wasn't exactly raking it in either. 

:lol:

A lad here is the other extreme!  He brings a wrap in for lunch.  That's it, just a wrap.  No filling or anything.

Every Friday they do a bacon sarnie round he never gets one.

Every Christmas, the gaffers pay for the Sarnies, he gets one.

A lad here is the other extreme!  He brings a wrap in for lunch.  That's it, just a wrap.  No filling or anything.

Every Friday they do a bacon sarnie round he never gets one.

Every Christmas, the gaffers pay for the Sarnies, he gets one.

Maximum respect for his bad self.

WTF serious?

Aye. This was about 10 years ago but I used to work in town and a lass in the office used to regularly get one and it was just a salad. Even she agreed the name was beyond poncey.

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when he retires at 40, wykiki! :razz:

Highly unlikely he has a VERY high maintenance missues poor lad, no wonder he's that tight he doesn't like to breathe out.

Most of my lunches are just leftovers from some evening meal, or, if I'm feeling decadent, a cheese & pickle sandwich.

[emoji38] I'm unclear whether it's me or HF that should be signing off on people's lunch choices.

HF, do you want to do a job share?

I pay for lunch and coffee every day. Fuck eating a packed lunch man. Life's too short to be wasting time making sandwiches which will be soggy by the time you eat them. Happy to pay for the convenience

I pay for lunch and coffee every day. Fuck eating a packed lunch man. Life's too short to be wasting time making sandwiches which will be soggy by the time you eat them. Happy to pay for the convenience

Fucking 'bait', man!

'Packed lunch'. :lol:

[emoji38] I'm unclear whether it's me or HF that should be signing off on people's lunch choices.

HF, do you want to do a job share?

You do the bait, I'll do the drink.

Now, who's buying their booze anywhere but Aldi?  Didn't someone mention Waitrose ffs?*

*EDIT: strictly speaking, outside of special occasions no-one should be drinking owt but tap water obviously.  I splash out on a bottle of cordial every few months to flavour mine.

Do you not even have Ocado up north these days? I can't remember the last time I bothered doing a weekly shop at a physical supermarket. Fuck that

Oh Gloom. You better have one eye on the pensionable age cos whatever it is you're gonna be grafting right up to it and possibly beyond.

Do you not even have Ocado up north these days? I can't remember the last time I bothered doing a weekly shop at a physical supermarket. Fuck that

I quite like it. Chance for a bit of peace tbh. I can't get me head round it when you see couples doing the weekly shop with about 3 kids in tow. Talk about creating stressful situations for no good reason.