Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"5 Miles on an Electric Scooter" sounds like a twee novel about fuck all that The Guardian would give 5 stars

Wow, who knew learning a musical instrument required discipline, patience and an actual attention span?

Fucking hell, it must be good if you’ve cracked a smile

Posted Images

naw can get black or silver or red i think, the case i bought is black as well so it'll keep it scratch free without being too bulky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbcmiCT7KY

got the full one , the difference in price between the two is like £70 but the full one is considerably quicker, better resolution better camera twice the storage space etc, unless having a slightly larger phone is an issue then i don't see why you'd get the smaller version tbh.

Why that instead of the S4 ant? I'm torn as I've been using htc's for years now and like the look of that but they reckon the S4 is the daddy. Me being an OG though I'm swaying to the HTC one

six of one at this level of things tbh, when you're shelling out for a flagship phone whether it's android/apple/windows based, none of them are going to be particularly shite, all comes down to personal preference.

Samsung S3/4 always felt a bit cheap to me, whereas the aluminium/glass backed iPhone or this HTC One just have a better build quality to them, didn't like the way the samsung felt grip wise either.

If you're going to get a phone i'd pay no attention to the fanboys of either side on here fwiw, i'm fairly impartial since i get to work with a load of different handsets (my personal phones the last few have been IPhone3GS, 4S, and now the HTC One).

Best advice is to go down and arse about with them to see what you like best, you'll prob not hate any of them but like anything there'll be little quirks that put you off/on to one.

Getting this setup atm, but aye happy enough with it, works well looks the part so can't complain.

edit > one thing apple has the Android beat on hands down is the amount of crap they don't install by default, shit like dropbox and "talk" and all these other things i don't want or ever will but can't remove.

edit > one thing apple has the Android beat on hands down is the amount of crap they don't install by default, shit like dropbox and "talk" and all these other things i don't want or ever will but can't remove.

Not sure if that's android or the network provider necessarily. I know my old contract HTC was full of shite I couldn't get rid of. My nexus only has the Google APPS.

Cyanogen just got a multi million investment too so it should be available as a simple download/ install soon, rather than the convoluted process it currently is. When you have that it's strictly bare bones.

Not sure if that's android or the network provider necessarily. I know my old contract HTC was full of shite I couldn't get rid of. My nexus only has the Google APPS.

Cyanogen just got a multi million investment too so it should be available as a simple download/ install soon, rather than the convoluted process it currently is. When you have that it's strictly bare bones.

Well it's been rooted and flashed upto a stock 4.3 update now anyway :D how dare they try and stop my modifications!

nothing like getting a £500 phone and instantly fucking about with it risking wrecking it before you've even set the thing up lol