Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

[emoji38] Are they any good? What's the sound quality like? It was 3 quid off ebay. DELIVERED!

It's fine. I mean an audiophile like Chez would probably rip my ears off and shit in the holes for saying so, but your Basement Jaxx greatest hits will sound just fine. Will you be using it with a Discman?

It's fine. I mean an audiophile like Chez would probably rip my ears off and shit in the holes for saying so, but your Basement Jaxx greatest hits will sound just fine. Will you be using it with a Discman?

How do they work? Like will it be playing and then run out of tape and have to rewind or something? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a gorilla pod/something like?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joby-GorillaPod-SLR-Zoom-Tripod-Cameras/dp/B000KFRSG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486233930&sr=8-1&keywords=gorilla+pod

Looking at the above but £40 isn't cheap, are there any cheaper alternatives that are still good?

Sack that off man, get a manfrotto or something.

What type of photography are you using it for?

Sack that off man, get a manfrotto or something.

What type of photography are you using it for?

Absoltely nothing fancy and taking to New Zealand later in the year so being able to wrap around something or whatever would be useful

Does anyone have a gorilla pod/something like?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joby-GorillaPod-SLR-Zoom-Tripod-Cameras/dp/B000KFRSG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486233930&sr=8-1&keywords=gorilla+pod

Looking at the above but £40 isn't cheap, are there any cheaper alternatives that are still good?

I've got one but I only use it with my phone and camcorder. It's champion for that. Can't imagine it coping well with the weight (and eight distribution) of an SLR like. I'll have a go and see how it copes.

I've got one but I only use it with my phone and camcorder. It's champion for that. Can't imagine it coping well with the weight (and eight distribution) of an SLR like. I'll have a go and see how it copes.

Cheers, it will be for a phone or a small camera mostly, definitely not an SLR.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone get stuff they have bought delivered to work?

I do and maybe I order quite a bit, circa 4 parcels a week.  That could be anything from a book to bike parts.

The amount of comments I am getting now from people I am starting to think about stopping it!   

You sound like the wife. We probably have about a parcel a day arriving from Amazon. usually a massive cardboard box which when opened reveals a tiny product.

You have books delivered? Get a kindle my man - almost as much as a game changer as the instant hot water tap.

I always get amazon stuff delivered to work, usually in my wifes name so she has to pick it up from the mailroom.

You are a right fanny like wyki, some of your work related complaints are great, you'd fit in well here :razz:

:lol:

One bloke who always comments are 'You must be on a right whack with the amount you get delivered'

I just said 'Aye I am and I dont piss my wage up the wall on a Thursday to Saturday like you' He soon shut up :lol:

@Dr Gloom I tried a kindle but couldn't get on with it.  I like a physical book.  But I may give it a go again.  The one my gfriend has was the first kindle out, so may look at getting a newer one.