Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Took an old 5 series estate out for a test drive, but it felt old, brakes were spongy as fuck and the upholstery was tired. When it was clear the sale wasn't looking positive the salesman gave up and acted like a right sullen cunt. So I go to test drive another couple of cars I'd found. Just so happens one of them is at a sister dealership of this place. I get there, am treated well, take the 1 Series out for a test drive and love it, go away "to think about it", get £400 knocked off the price and pick the car up the next day. Job's a good un.

Then I get a phonecall from the branch manager who says the first guy is claiming that because he saw me first, I'm his customer and he should get the commission :lol: 

He didn't sell me the car he showed me, he didn't show me the car I bought, and in truth he put me off buying the car he showed me. 

Salesmen... all cunts, but this one was premium grade arsehole. :lol:

Hope you told them that

18 minutes ago, Ant said:

welcome to the world of expensive parts and servicing that will cost more than the car you bought :lol:

Don't you drive a Mazda MX5?

1 hour ago, Ant said:

3.0 Z4 

1Series are nice enough, aunt had a 1series coupe which was great looking, mate had a 118d hatchback which he'd loads of bother with 4k bill with engine/turbo issues

i'd do a fair bit myself, anything i can't tends to cost a small fortune, oil leak (which i didn't brave fixing) £3 in parts 97 in labour, o2 sensor 300 (200 for the part)

I'd suggest finding yourself a decent indi garage, if the dealers anything like the bmw dealer here they charge over £100 an hour labour but they give you breakfast..

Nice to drive when none of that's happening though lol :D and yes you're a cunt now

Aye, a mate warned me about that so I started googling

This is local; http://www.independent-bmw-servicing.co.uk/ but I got inexplicably angry at the matey "Too broke to visit a garage" and "For a service with a smile (not a grunt)". That was compounded when they say "When people use jargon, they may as well be talking to you in Clingon! Sometimes it'd be nice if somebody would explain things in plain English."

"Clingon"

ffs

Will do, cheers.

fwiw, I got a good deal with Admiral, both of us are insured fully comp on both cars for £1k between us. I've had no "No claims bonus" as I've been a named driver on various policies rather than accumulating them on a policy of my own. She's lost her no claims because some Chelsea tractor claimed £700 for a paint job after a supermarket fender bender. *shaky fist*

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah join a BMW owner's club forum. I bet that's packed with absolute winners. :lol:

You own a Roomba, you chode sporting knacker.

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

My old man had a 1 series as a company car and swapped it at first opportunity. What's it packing? 

It's nippy.

Avoid the official bmw garages like the plague. I used to have a 325i, took it in as it kept cutting out because of an electrical fault. They tried telling me it would cost £10k to fix, which was more than the value of the car at the time. I took it to the local garage, they got it moving again for about £100 then I part exchange it for £7k a few weeks later