Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Avoid the official bmw garages like the plague. I used to have a 325i, took it in as it kept cutting out because of an electrical fault. They tried telling me it would cost £10k to fix, which was more than the value of the car at the time. I took it to the local garage, they got it moving again for about £100 then I part exchange it for £7k a few weeks later 

We've also got a Golf and the service we've had from them is superb. The computer kept telling us the tyre pressure was an issue, so we took it in, they found a nail in the rear driver's side, removed it and repaired the tyre, gave the car a clean, replaced the oil and washer fluid etc. Whole thing took maybe 45 minutes. Didn't charge us for any of it and gave me free coffee and biscuits while I waited.

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How long before:

"Shall we take the bee-em?" 

And 

"Let's take the golf darling."

Are regularly used phrases in your house. 

Bee-Em? 

It's "Beemer", you bellend.

Can't wait to cruise around Knutsford rapping along "Who am I just de girls dem sugar alright hear me now whoa na na na na na na na na na na na oh na na na na na die zim zimma who got de keys to my bimma"

On 25/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, ewerk said:

Bought a two year old Golf and had it for six years and never gave me a moment of bother. Had it serviced every year with genuine parts. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

My Golf is 10 years old and still going well.  Great motor.

Was listening to a podcast that had one of the lead singers on from Barenake Ladies.  He was a massive pinball fan.  Mentioned the Adams Family machine and thought about yours @Kid Dynamite

So thought I would google the Adams family machine.

http://www.gamesroomcompany.com/addams-family-pinball-machine?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0vnQBRDmARIsAEL0M1mSkx_suO9SxSaWK7d96gz4hKfXxnam0l9VRexJKlidXpxLqo3-X1QaAvL-EALw_wcB#fo_c=467&fo_k=2c7a3372dcf472026107fcace27c04f5&fo_s=gplauk?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~119092588379~kw~~mt~~cmp~Retro Products | Transactional | 2016~ag~Pinball Machines

£12.5k!!!!

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Was listening to a podcast that had one of the lead singers on from Barenake Ladies.  He was a massive pinball fan.  Mentioned the Adams Family machine and thought about yours @Kid Dynamite

So thought I would google the Adams family machine.

http://www.gamesroomcompany.com/addams-family-pinball-machine?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0vnQBRDmARIsAEL0M1mSkx_suO9SxSaWK7d96gz4hKfXxnam0l9VRexJKlidXpxLqo3-X1QaAvL-EALw_wcB#fo_c=467&fo_k=2c7a3372dcf472026107fcace27c04f5&fo_s=gplauk?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~ar~119092588379~kw~~mt~~cmp~Retro Products | Transactional | 2016~ag~Pinball Machines

£12.5k!!!!

You can get one for around £4K in reality. Companies like that are having a laugh.

Pinball prices are daft now. A few years back you could buy a lot of different tables for £600ish. They are all £2k+ now

Im not selling mine cos I could never afford to buy it again!

FBECE0BA-DB56-47FF-8586-9E8DCC547CFF_zps

Edited by Kid Dynamite

On 29/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, Kid Dynamite said:

You can get one for around £4K in reality. Companies like that are having a laugh.

Pinball prices are daft now. A few years back you could buy a lot of different tables for £600ish. They are all £2k+ now

Im not selling mine cos I could never afford to buy it again!

FBECE0BA-DB56-47FF-8586-9E8DCC547CFF_zps

Is that your living room?

• 3 months later...