It's snowing.

catmag

I see they've closed some tube stations cos the platforms are slippy, and Stansted has shut down. Fucking hell man, it's not like we haven't known it's been coming. And it's hardly blizzard conditions from what I've seen on the telly.

Watching the news this morning and you would think it's The Day After Tomorrow the way they're carrying on.

I'll give them their dues this time, there was around 4-5 inches around here.....

When you know it's gonna snow though, that's fuck all really though craig. If it had been 3 foot of snow or something, I could understand the hysteria. On the news this morning they were telling everyone their journeys to work would be "extremely treacherous". If you can walk in 5 inches of snow I'm fucking sure you can drive in it easy enough.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the blizzards!

Remember the one we had in the 80's(think it was then?)when the roads were covered and nobody could could use their car,with buses parked up all over the place,and a certain greggs van i raided :lol:

I see they've closed some tube stations cos the platforms are slippy, and Stansted has shut down. Fucking hell man, it's not like we haven't known it's been coming. And it's hardly blizzard conditions from what I've seen on the telly.

Watching the news this morning and you would think it's The Day After Tomorrow the way they're carrying on.

I'll give them their dues this time, there was around 4-5 inches around here.....

When you know it's gonna snow though, that's fuck all really though craig. If it had been 3 foot of snow or something, I could understand the hysteria. On the news this morning they were telling everyone their journeys to work would be "extremely treacherous". If you can walk in 5 inches of snow I'm fucking sure you can drive in it easy enough.

Aye I know, but 5 inches of snow to these fuckers is like 6 foot to you and me! I got to work this morning and was the only one here for an hour and a half. And I probably have the furthest journey.

I've lost count of the amount of people who said "how've you made it in?". Simple replies of "well, i got in my car, turned the ignition and drove here" seem to have gone way over their head.

My comment about giving them their dues was in comparison to the ½ inch of snow we got a couple of years back and people were taking up to 15 hours to drive home. Now THAT was fucking madness!

• 1 month later...

Warm, sunny and 35 degrees today :lol:

One of our Canadian international students rang her dad a couple of weeks ago when we were in our 40+ degree heat wave for a few days. She told me that the temp in Canada was -20 degrees where her dad was and we were in 42 degree heat! Talk about a complete extreme in temps!

The weather has gone completely mental. It went pitch black, mad hailstones and now it's blue sky and gorgeous sunshine. :lol:

Same here, someone text me about the "mad snow shower" but I never got that, just hail.