What are you reading?

khay

If we are going to start to quote old Joan, i've picked a few out which are on Google. The first 8 words of this are quite profound as they undermine the basics of what the whole of the global economy is based upon.

"Utility is a metaphysical concept of impregnable circularity; utility is the quality in commodities that makes individuals want to buy them, and the fact that individuals want to buy them shows that they have utility The whole point of utility was to justify laisser faire. Everyone must be free to spend his income as he likes, and he will gain the greatest benefit when he equalizes the marginal utility of a shilling spent on each kind of good. The pursuit of profit, under conditions of perfect competition, leads producers to equate marginal costs to prices, and the maximum possible satisfaction is drawn from available resources This is an ideology to end ideologies, for it has abolished the moral problem. It is only necessary for each individual to act egoistically for the good of all to be attained."

Basically 'We buy it because it's good and it's good because we buy it'. Capitalism isn't wrong, it's just based on gibberish.

Here's another good un 'even if the crises are overcome and a new run of prosperity lies ahead, deeper problems still remain. Modern capitalism has no other purpose but to keep the show going'.

Basically 'never get out of the boat.. unless you're going all the way'.

its in its usual spot outside the Raby, next to Chez's 88 Nissan Bluebird ;)

Me granddad used to drink and go for his dinner quite often at the Raby. Completely oblivious to the fights, drug deals, fencing of stolen goods and tobacco smuggling going on around him :lol:

Whoa, I never quoted the splitarse, I just commented on her name.

You posted a quote about the book. PL posted a quote from the book. I posted 2 quotes from the book directly referencing the fact that I was doing. It because others had posted quotes. Alex and toonotl try to make out like their not interested. As Pardew's success at Palace continues, they just look more and more desperate.

You posted a quote about the book. PL posted a quote from the book. I posted 2 quotes from the book directly referencing the fact that I was doing. It because others had posted quotes. Alex and toonotl try to make out like their not interested. As Pardew's success at Palace continues, they just look more and more desperate.

My quote was an extract of a quote you posted though. Which means I didn't start it.

Yes I'm a 39 year old man saying "BUT HE STARTED IT!"

But you DID!

Me granddad used to drink and go for his dinner quite often at the Raby. Completely oblivious to the fights, drug deals, fencing of stolen goods and tobacco smuggling going on around him :lol:

Top man :lol:

Got to admit I've only ever driven past it, its more HMHM's sort of establishment, and Chez of course...

My Granda was a 'Prince of Wales' man when he had his retirement afternoon drinkies on Shields Road. I think I've been in the Raby about two or three times only when I worked near byker on a pay day in the early nineties despite PL's patter. My Dad drank in the blue bell when he was a young man. (That was a rough bar as well, mind).

I used to go into The Independent on the corner of Bentinck and Elswick Road very regularly. Buy a half, see a man about a dog and then scarper.

I used to pop into the Portland Arms around the corner from there, I imagine for similar reasons.

They used to have a Friday night disco that was always interesting :lol:

:lol:

Is it that obvious?