Emre

ewerk

FA to probe new Emre race claims

The Football Association is to investigate claims Newcastle midfielder Emre racially abused Bolton forward El-Hadji Diouf in a Premiership match.

The incident allegedly took place at St James' Park on 15 October.

"We will be contacting El-Hadji Diouf to see if he wishes to provide us with a statement," said an FA spokesman.

Emre, 26, already faces a personal hearing after denying a charge of using racially-aggravated language in his side's defeat at Everton in December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6368207.stm

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FA to probe new Emre race claims

The Football Association is to investigate claims Newcastle midfielder Emre racially abused Bolton forward El-Hadji Diouf in a Premiership match.

The incident allegedly took place at St James' Park on 15 October.

"We will be contacting El-Hadji Diouf to see if he wishes to provide us with a statement," said an FA spokesman.

Emre, 26, already faces a personal hearing after denying a charge of using racially-aggravated language in his side's defeat at Everton in December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6368207.stm

;)

He'll be gone come the end of the season tbh

If its true than he can fuck off but why has this taken so long to come to light? Its not like the camel humping wife-beater would be the shy and retiring type who'd be afraid to cause a fuss.

Out of order imo. Contact Diouf privately and ask him if he wants to make a statement. There's no need whatsoever to announce to the media that you'll be contacting Diouf to ask him whether Emre racially abused him. The FA are fucking thick.

Out of order imo. Contact Diouf privately and ask him if he wants to make a statement. There's no need whatsoever to announce to the media that you'll be contacting Diouf to ask him whether Emre racially abused him. The FA are fucking thick.

Good point well made. Typical of the FA looking for scapegoats early doors

If he's guilty then I've got no sympathy for him at all, but unfounded allegations where you haven't even spoken to the alleged victim should be handled on the quiet until you have something concrete. Mud sticks.

If he is guilty then good riddance to him but like you said, he's going to be branded a racist now for the rest of his career and any such accusation in the future will hold due to this. Was Bowyer ever found guilty of racism?

If he's guilty then I've got no sympathy for him at all, but unfounded allegations where you haven't even spoken to the alleged victim should be handled on the quiet until you have something concrete. Mud sticks.

No smoke without fire. Everyone ought to know that.

In a situation where it looks like they haven't even spoken to Diouf, I don't think "no smoke without fire" stands up as a good enough reason to make a public announcement before you've spoken to the "victim".

Here's me thinking it was innocent until proven guilty.

If its true than he can fuck off but why has this taken so long to come to light? Its not like the camel humping wife-beater would be the shy and retiring type who'd be afraid to cause a fuss.

;) Why is he a camel humper?

also

Was Bowyer ever found guilty of racism?

No, apparently tearing up a Mc Donalds because you don't want to be served by a "fucking Paki" isn't classed as a racist offence.

Thats not the reason why he was in court and he ripped McDonalds up because of some people in McD's not the workers.

Guest Patrokles

Given the acknowledged seriousness and offensiveness of racism, surely Diouf would have SAID something at the time? As far as I'm aware, the issue of abuse over skin colour is an incredibly sensitive one and one that will always provoke a very marked response. I don't buy this Diouf thing one bit.

also

No, apparently tearing up a Mc Donalds because you don't want to be served by a "fucking Paki" isn't classed as a racist offence.

Thats not the reason why he was in court and he ripped McDonalds up because of some people in McD's not the workers.

The alleged comment which emerged during his court appearance was "I don't want to be served by no Paki" in reference to one of the members of staff in the McDonald's iirc.

also

The alleged comment which emerged during his court appearance was "I don't want to be served by no Paki" in reference to one of the members of staff in the McDonald's iirc.

If thats so I stand corrected, I thought he was in court for allegedly hitting the asain chap (cant remember his name)

/Edit found it:- Sarfraz Najeib

/Edit again, found the McD's incident here:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Bowyer

Edited by wykikitoon

:rolleyes: Why is he a camel humper?

also

If thats so I stand corrected, I thought he was in court for allegedly hitting the asain chap (cant remember his name)

I was under the impression he wasn't charged on either occasion and both offences weren't proven... could be wrong though ;)

Guest Patrokles

also

Fuck court, he should have been up before the grammar police.

also

The McDonald's thing was an earlier incident (when he was still at Charlton). I think that's what Ewerk meant. And despite the racial element of that attack, I think the conviction had nothing to do with that, i.e. just criminal damage etc. He was acquitted in the Sarfraz Najeib retrial.