Berbatov

TheMoog

Berbatov's agent said just yesterday that his client would spend at least the next Year and a half at 'Spurs, but the fear of the 'Spurs hierarchy and their fickle supporters is that he has already outgrown the North London outfit with some sublime performances since his move from Germany and that a move to a big club could come sooner rather than later.

This is where Newcastle United enter the fray, it is well documented that the North East Giants are on the look out for a target man to compliment the World Class goalscoring abilities of Owen and the impressive Martins, Berbatov could be the man the Geordies turn their attentions to given he's have a similar value to their other targets, Dean Ashton and Darren Bent.

Growing up in Bulgaria, Berbatov supported Newcastle United and as a birthday present was given a Newcastle United shirt with his name on it, could he get the ultimate Birthday present in the near future, a genuine Newcastle United Shirt with his name on it?

If Berbatov continues to perform in the same fashion over the next couple of Months, I'm sure there'll be plenty of suitors willing to take him away from a club he appears to have already outgrown, but will he get his dream move to his childhood team?

Sounds a bit iffy to me...

Berbatov's agent said just yesterday that his client would spend at least the next Year and a half at 'Spurs, but the fear of the 'Spurs hierarchy and their fickle supporters is that he has already outgrown the North London outfit with some sublime performances since his move from Germany and that a move to a big club could come sooner rather than later.

This is where Newcastle United enter the fray, it is well documented that the North East Giants are on the look out for a target man to compliment the World Class goalscoring abilities of Owen and the impressive Martins, Berbatov could be the man the Geordies turn their attentions to given he's have a similar value to their other targets, Dean Ashton and Darren Bent.

Growing up in Bulgaria, Berbatov supported Newcastle United and as a birthday present was given a Newcastle United shirt with his name on it, could he get the ultimate Birthday present in the near future, a genuine Newcastle United Shirt with his name on it?

If Berbatov continues to perform in the same fashion over the next couple of Months, I'm sure there'll be plenty of suitors willing to take him away from a club he appears to have already outgrown, but will he get his dream move to his childhood team?

Sounds a bit iffy to me...

Yes, he'd feel much better at our professionally run club and accepting fans who would never start a thread on a message board about their now top scorer asking if he was a waste of money after he'd only played a handful of games. :icon_lol:

Source?

The use of the word "fickle" to describe Spuds fans and the description of NUFC as "giants" leads me to believe that this mightn't have come from the most balanced or reliable source.

Why does no one ever post sources?

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s70/st113016.htm?fromrss=1

Berbatov to get his dream move to the Toon?

By Bacon Sarnie - March 10 2007

B)

Hehe, made me laugh B) Anywho, I was wondering if he was a Toon fan more than him actually moving this way - that Bacon Sarnie sounds like a top journo :icon_lol:

That is probs made up bollocks but Berbatov is a Newcastle fan, or was.

As a kid, his favourite English club was Newcastle United. For one birthday, he received a special gift - a Newcastle shirt with his name on the back from a friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...10/sfntot10.xml

Berber’s big hero in English football is Alan Shearer.

He added: “I really loved watching Shearer. He was the best goalscorer in England.

“I was really hoping to play against him when I came to England but sadly he retired.”

Berbatov has grabbed 16 goals for Tottenham this season and is automatic choice up front for boss Martin Jol.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...7110469,00.html

He added: “I really loved watching Shearer. He was the best goalscorer in England.

“I was really hoping to play against him when I came to England but sadly he retired.”

Berbatov has grabbed 16 goals for Tottenham this season and is automatic choice up front for boss Martin Jol.

Grand, Shearer for manager and Berbatov his first signing. I'd take that at the moment.

Leave Roeder as his "assistant" with responsibilities with the first team and academy.

Grand, Shearer for manager and Berbatov his first signing. I'd take that at the moment.

Leave Roeder as his "assistant" with responsibilities with the first team and academy.

That wouldn't be too shabby..... :baby:

Berbatov is canny but hes not as good as the spunkfest in here would suggest. Martins is 2goals ahead of him in the league and hes only got 1 more for spurs this season than defoe.

Some of his finishes and passing have been sublime though. Saying that it's not like Martin's goals have been tap ins.

What i like about overfriendly is he seems to enjoy playing and scoring, he wants to win

I'd rather have Martins but I'd quite like Berbatov. Really enjoying this match, and not just because Chelscum are losing. The BBC have definitely picked the right FA cup ties this round after the dullfest of Arsenal-Blackburn.

I'd rather have Martins but I'd quite like Berbatov. Really enjoying this match, and not just because Chelscum are losing. The BBC have definitely picked the right FA cup ties this round after the dullfest of Arsenal-Blackburn.

I dunno. I see Martins and Berbatov as to totally different players. I like Martins scoring abilities, but still think his overall contribution to our game is often poor. On the other hand I don't see Berbatov as a goalscorer, but rather a supporting striker who can create space, hold the ball and make assists. I'd rather like to see both together than chosing between them. Not very likely though...

I dunno. I see Martins and Berbatov as to totally different players. I like Martins scoring abilities, but still think his overall contribution to our game is often poor. On the other hand I don't see Berbatov as a goalscorer, but rather a supporting striker who can create space, hold the ball and make assists. I'd rather like to see both together than chosing between them. Not very likely though...

I see what you're saying, a Martins/Owen-Berbatov partnership would probably work better than a Martins-Owen partnership. I doubt we'll ever see the former, I hope we'll see the latter!