What position do you/did you play?

gram

never been the quickest so i was always somewhere down the spine. centre forward at school (in the tony cascarino mould), then centre half and occasional holding midfilder for my uni team.

i only really play 5 a side these days.

Depends if I was plauying out field or in goal.

Was always a nutter between the sticks and would dive at anything regardless of boots flying in so I generally ended up there and wasn't too bad.

If I was playing outfield then I'd be in defence, generally left back :o

Early days left-half(was right-footed but there always seemed to be a shortage of cowies). then right-back as I got older and slower, finished as central-defender as I got more older and slower, but smarter. :o

Was 56 when I played my last competitive game.

Guest stevieintoon

Out and out centre forward, completely greedy, bullet shot, tall but shite in the air. In style Stan Collymore would be the nearest comparison. I play centre half occasionally if needs be.

Here's a couple of goals I scored a few years ago, Goal 2 is the best (at the bottom)

http://www.piczo.com/F4TV?g=21552956&cr=4

Out and out centre forward, completely greedy, bullet shot, tall but shite in the air. In style Stan Collymore would be the nearest comparison. I play centre half occasionally if needs be.

Here's a couple of goals I scored a few years ago, Goal 2 is the best (at the bottom)

Thought the first was better than the second

Played at left back through junior level, then moved to centre back when I turned 17. Only played there for a couple of seasons before moving into central midfield in a Frank Lampard* role :o

* For Chelsea, not England ;)

Played in goal for the school team, was quite good but I hated it.

I'm now a no nonsense centre-half. Definetely not a classy ball-playing one, more a dirty bastard with limited ability.

Mainly play defence though because i've not got the fitness to be running up and down the pitch. I had to play wing-back last season, it nearly killed me. :o

I was absolute gash at football at little school, as Smooth Operator will testify. :o Developed into an adequate goalie by virtue of always being played there by default, and wasn't too shabby in deep midfield at high school when games/PE lessons weren't being run by a pair of sadists.

left midfield or left back...

word is i have great vision and crossing ability, but my tacklings average-ish. difficult to get the ball off mind.. and reasonably quick, at pre seasons tests we all did 100metre sprints and i came 3rd...

good at freekicks as well. shit at heading though.

I'm lanky but possess no target-man abilities whatsoever - shite at heading, holding the ball up etc.

I've got a good left foot, and i'm not lightning quick but got a bit of pace, not too bad at tackling although my technique is lacking somewhat, tend to just throw myself into tackles.

I can be a right moody bastard on the pitch though, my head drops easily, and i'm a bad loser, plus i'm too inconsistent.

Edited by Hatful Of Hollow

I'm lanky but possess no target-man abilities whatsoever - shite at heading, holding the ball up etc.

I've got a good left foot, and i'm not lightning quick but got a bit of pace, not too bad at tackling although my technique is lacking somewhat, tend to just throw myself into tackles.

I can be a right moody bastard on the pitch though, my head drops easily, and i'm a bad loser, plus i'm too inconsistent.

Seems to me you should be playing up front with Martins cos yer profile gans alang wi most o' Glenns boys.

You should ask for a trial................on the pitch I mean. :o

How shit is that keeper??? :o

right back or right midfielder when I was young and playing a decent level.

now as an old man, attacking midfield or a deep lying centre forward in the gazza (can I have a beer with that) mould.

maker of many scorer of few.

Except of goalkeeper I played in more or less every position. Mainly as a striker/supporting forward, but also in central midfield, on both wings and even was occasionally used as man marker against quick strikers.