Hand on heart...can you see us winning anything in the next 5 years.

Asprilla

Nope, we'll win nowt as long as that baldy fat twat is running the show.

..and seeing how Fatman's said he's not going until we win something we're between a Northern Rock and a hard place. Did you see what I attempted there. :lol:

I can't see us winning anything in the next 50 years, nevermind 5

Tbh I agree. :lol:

I thought we would something with Keegan and again with Robson, but presently I can't see those days coming again any time soon.

In a way we've been a bit like a mini-Chelski only without the raw cash to outright buy success, but even they have learnt you have to balance the books (and may learn you have to KEEP a manager) in the end.

without a massive restructuring of pretty much everything, NO.

i can see us improving next season if we get a proper manager (and coaching staff/ scouting staff) and owen and our other key players stay fit, but from where we finish this season ( personally i doubt we'd get into the top 8) if we have a fully fit squad and the right changes in defensive as well as offensive personell, then that is a no brainer.

When it rains, it pours.

But it has to rain first and i cant see that happening for a wee while. You would hope we will win something in the next 10 years at least!

Then again we won the Intertoto Cup/Shield/Paper/Rock/Scissors trophy this season. We should rejoice!

Our chance to win something was when Keegan was at the helm. The gulf between the 'big four' and the rest is massive now and we'll be left sniffing for scraps just like everyone else.

We also fucked up majorly the year we blew the CL pre-qualifier. We could have been part of that breakaway group if we had benefited from the extra finance and ability to attract players that would have brought.

The last 11 leagues and the last 11 FA Cups have all been won by the current top 4. (Looking like you can extend that to 12 this year).

Only thing we can win is the League Cup in the forseeable future. Not good enough to win the UEFA Cup.

Possible, but very unlikely. :icon_lol:

having watched for nearly 50 bloody years and seen one stinking trophy my head says no chance

but a couple of decent signings and a break on fixtures could see us win the Cup or even the Yuffa

we have a big enough squad to be able to do it AND survive in the PL - I just can't see us becoming consistent enough after 80+ years to win the PL

Yes I can - I guess it's all about belief in what can happen.

You never know what is around the corner and had you told anyone of us in January 1992 that 4 years down the line we'd be leading the Premiership by 12 points we'd have laughed in your faces.

The day I believe we can't win anything will be the day I give up on the club.

Yes I can - I guess it's all about belief in what can happen.

You never know what is around the corner and had you told anyone of us in January 1992 that 4 years down the line we'd be leading the Premiership by 12 points we'd have laughed in your faces.

The day I believe we can't win anything will be the day I give up on the club.

Good post. I think we COULD easily win something - Boro won the league cup a few years ago. just don't think we will- we're slipping further and further behind.

Good post. I think we COULD easily win something - Boro won the league cup a few years ago. just don't think we will- we're slipping further and further behind.

:icon_lol:

A few stats by the way:

Since Leicester won the league cup in 2000, out of a possible 18 domestic trophies, only two (Blackburn and Boro won the league cup in 2002 and 2004 respectively) have been won by a team other than Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.

The last time a team outside of these four won the FA cup was Everton in 1995.

Money counts - the more they spend the more they win...............

Aye because we've been real misers for the past 15 years. :icon_lol:

Hence my question. While we may be way behind Man U and Chelsea on spending, I doubt we would be that different to Liverpool and Arsenal.

let's just accept our place in the scheme of things - we're not going to win a trophy ever again. once we all accept this, things will become much less painful.