José Enrique

Baggio

My anger is at the player dragging the club through the mire because his big time move hasn't quite come off as planned.

Its been known since last year that he wanted to be away so he could simply have put in a transfer request or simply just turned down the contract.

Its a fact he has done neither.

What he has done is ignored the club throughout the summer and refused to even discuss the contract on offer. He is now starting to panic because the top four havent come rushing and his agent is no doubt pulling his strings.

Spot on CT

The club have been trying to tie him down since January and he is the one fucking about.

I don't buy that.

As with the Carroll deal, neither the club or the player come out with any credit whatsoever.

Without googling I thought it was about January.

If you recall, he originally said he was going to start discussions when we were safe, then when the summer was here, then never.

Not sure how that translates to the club busting a gut to tie him down in your mind.

My anger is at the player dragging the club through the mire because his big time move hasn't quite come off as planned.

Its been known since last year that he wanted to be away so he could simply have put in a transfer request or simply just turned down the contract.

What he has done is ignored the club throughout the summer and refused to even discuss the contract on offer. He is now starting to panic because the top four havent come rushing and his agent is no doubt pulling his strings.

Spot on CT

The club have been trying to tie him down since January and he is the one fucking about.

I don't buy that.

As with the Carroll deal, neither the club or the player come out with any credit whatsoever.

If you recall, he originally said he was going to start discussions when we were safe, then when the summer was here, then never.

Not sure how that translates to the club busting a gut to tie him down in your mind.

^_^ I didnt say that, I said they had been trying to tie him down, which they have.

Spot on CT

I don't buy that.

^_^ I didnt say that, I said they had been trying to tie him down, which they have.

and I said I didn't buy it, cos I've seen nothing to suggest it :)

Edited by Happy Face

I can't actually believe that the club would offer him a new contract on the same terms as he's currently on. And then to lie about it. I actually can't believe that.

However, I certainly don't agree with him criticising the boys that we've brought in. I'm actually happy with the business we've done with Cabaye, Abeid, Ba and Marvaeux. For cheap to free players, I'm impressed and I'm sure they'll significantly improve the squad.

He knows far, far more than I'll ever come close to knowing about the workings of the club but the transfer window still has weeks to go. Plenty of clubs have done little to no business so far. Just because we've got the Carroll money does not mean it has to be spent as soon as possible - if (a big if) it makes more sense to spend it nearer the end of the window then so be it. On the off chance they actually spend it wisely (if at all), I can't understand why he and others can't wait till later in the window to judge our transfer activity.

I thought Pardoo said we were just about done.

New striker and that's our whack, isn't it? Seems to be the journos consensus.

Striker and a LB aint it?

Not good enough if it does turn out to be that mind

And he wasnt critisizing the players we brought in, he's critisizing, he's critisizing the whole transfer policy, like us fans are doing, were not critisizing the players brought in just the policy of it all

I thought Pardoo said we were just about done.

New striker and that's our whack, isn't it? Seems to be the journos consensus.

Striker and a LB aint it?

As one wit wrote elsewhere tonight on Lee Ryders prediction of good news tomorrow on the Striker and Left back front......

Sholas signed a new deal and the the young LB whose been called up tothe USA has arrived safely ^_^

Tbf I cant blame Enrique at all. Same as I couldnt blame Nolan and Carroll for wanting out.

all together lads...........

"Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurb.............etc."

Upon reflection, if the money brought in by the sale of Carroll & Nolan is not fully spent on the purchase of new players, what does it matter if the team is made stronger anyway by any wheeling and dealing done by those in charge.

If the management bring in a decent striker and left-back in addition to Cabayo, Bah, Marvoo, & Albeit, then I will be moderately satisfied if all the money isn't spent.

If in fact we do get a striker & defender in addition to those already brought aboard, some of Enrique's comments about Newcastle will become paper thin and sound like sour grapes.

CT, the courts have proven that the club have lied. Why do you believe them over a player?

^_^

I've seen you get spanked in 3 threads on that issue... still gonna keep trying to fight it to the bitter end eh?

Guest Your Name Here
Upon reflection, if the money brought in by the sale of Carroll & Nolan is not fully spent on the purchase of new players, what does it matter if the team is made stronger anyway by any wheeling and dealing done by those in charge.

If the management bring in a decent striker and left-back in addition to Cabayo, Bah, Marvoo, & Albeit, then I will be moderately satisfied if all the money isn't spent.

If in fact we do get a striker & defender in addition to those already brought aboard, some of Enrique's comments about Newcastle will become paper thin and sound like sour grapes.

If the money isn’t spent then what was the point in selling them? Why not keep Carroll and make the team even better than it is after our £500k summer spending spree?

If the money isn’t spent then what was the point in selling them? Why not keep Carroll and make the team even better than it is after our £500k summer spending spree?

Great point and one i've been trying to understand. If it comes out of the club, we'll know through the accounts next year. If it doesnt, why sell him?

Great point and one i've been trying to understand. If it comes out of the club, we'll know through the accounts next year. If it doesnt, why sell him?

Wasn't your suggestion in one of the finances thread that the money may have been required to fund accumulated trading losses and get the club back on an even keel (which is what the financial data suggested but is at odds with what the club itself has said)? Apologies if I've misinterpreted this....

Guest Your Name Here

Wasn't your suggestion in one of the finances thread that the money may have been required to fund accumulated trading losses and get the club back on an even keel (which is what the financial data suggested but is at odds with what the club itself has said)? Apologies if I've misinterpreted this....

Weren’t the accumulated trading losses covered by Ashley loans?

Weren’t the accumulated trading losses covered by Ashley loans?

I dunno. If that's right it suggests the Carroll money would be used to repay the loans in effect. To be consistent with the "not a penny out of the club" statement, that would require the Carroll moeny to fund operating costs with the resultant operating profit being used to repay the loans. Or player sales going towards repaying the loans and new players being bought with the Carroll cash.

Can't believe they'd be that disingenuous though.