José Enrique

Baggio

Ive got him in. I assume he hasnt officially signed yet so wont be playing tomorrow though?

He has officially signed, long term contract, rumours of non-disclosure agreement.

Should be eligible for tomorrow.

Ive got him in. I assume he hasnt officially signed yet so wont be playing tomorrow though?

He has officially signed, long term contract, rumours of non-disclosure agreement.

Should be eligible for tomorrow.

Every cloud and all that. :lol:

Barton offered new deal / accepted then declined / basket case tbf

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up.

All very good points, but they're just not true. Barton wanted a longer contract on lower wages. The club stopped all negotiations way before Barton let loose on twitter.

Nolan had a agreed a contract, but the club changed their offer when he had to put pen to paper.

There are two sides to those stories and you seem to believe the ones that have admitted to the fact, that they have lied to the public about their dealings.

Incorrect.

Bartons own agent said Barton had agreed to sign then changed his mind. I'll repeat.....Bartons agent.

Nolans contract may well have changed from what was verbally agreed. I dont know, you dont know. The fact is he was still offered a 2 year extension but declined because he wanted longer.

Personally I think we probably got the best out of Nolan and having around for another couple of years as a squad player would have been nice, but also understandable that given the financial set up at the club, the style AP wants to play and the amount of midfielders at the club, wages for one player to warm the bench for 3 years can be better used elsewhere.

Complete and utter nonsense as usual. Konchesky is worse than I make out and Poulsen (that ok for you? I usually just refer to him as that dope) was a bench warmer for much of his time at Juve. If a player or manager isn’t liked anywhere they are made to know it. To end up a quivering wreck says more about the lack of character in the player and he really should never have become a footballer if what you say is true. (That would be a novelty)

Why the fuck would you use Martin Luther King and the EDL in the same sentence? Did you just want to use his name to show you knew who he was? That would be fairly typical of you, but think on next time, it might sound better if you used the KKK in reference to MLK.

We sacked a manager too and had our share of injuries, we also lost our best striker. Our problem from August to January was the manager we had, no more needs to be said for me.

You obviously didn’t meet those Liverpool fans here in Liverpool, because even though we knew he had been happy at his ‘hometown’ club he made it very clear that he was made up to have made the move and to be here. If anything, since then, he looks even happier to be here, but delude yourself all you want, it’s what most fans do, instead of looking at these people who in reality are just doing a job they happen to love, and when better and bigger prospects come along 99% of footballers jump at them.

Do you not understand the meaning of irony you absolute fuckwit. As for the rest of it made up heresay, you don't know anything about football shown by the fact you can't even spell your own players names correctly. You are like one of those annoying Yorkshire Terriers which won't leave you alone and keeps humping away at ya leg. Bigger and better prospects are CL football, you won't have that for many years. I'll bet you £100 now you won't have it in the next 2 seasons, although as with most people from your area your lack of honour would mean I'll not get paid anyway.

I do understand irony very well, this remark from you of all people shows irony in all of it's glory "made up heresay"

Maybe you should consult wiki (always makes me laugh that you actually quote from it) on how to connect opposites by using context. An American civil rights leader and EDL have no connection, whereas the KKK would have, but I suppose in your tiny twisted mind it sounded good.

Bigger and better prospects are anything that is better than your present situation. Liverpool, as a club, have the history, the success, the glory, the global branding and the money to attract most players, and as Enrique said 'despite other offers he always only wanted to go to Liverpool' As your opinions don't usually have any credibility I'll look forward to CL football once again next season.

I'm very choosey who I bet with and I wouldn't trust you on any level at all, you're too much of a lying gobshite with, I imagine, a mouth as big as the Mersey Tunnel, but with much less trust. I will however pledge £50 quid to the Bobby Robson fund and £50 quid to the Hillsborough support group. A nob like you talking about honour is another delicious piece of irony.

Yes the meaning was it would be HIGHLY unlikely a black leader would be welcome at an EDL meeting incredible we have thick people like you in 2011.

He always wanted to go to Liverpool hahaha, do you not think for one minute that all footballers have cliches they trot out at each club they go to. Sign for Liverpool "great history, always supported them, got a HITACHI Liverpool shirt when I was 3 even though my country was in civil war at the time". Man Utd "wanna play for the biggest club in England and win the CL", Newcastle "heard the fans are the best in England, this is a big club etc bollocks", Sunderland "I remember Steve Bruce as a player" etc...

Right £50 bet I'll agree to it, £50 to the Hillsborough Support Group which I won't need to pay, and you pay SBR Foundation. In fact I'll give you £25 if you come 5th even, you're coming 6th again unless Everton get off to a good start for a change.

I had no problem understanding what you were trying to say, but couldn't understand why you'd use an American black leader instead of an English one thickhead.

I know it's what all footballers say but you seem to pick and choose quotes that fit your agenda so knew you'd appreciate the validity of Enrique's quote. Should have realised it's only when the quotes suit you, and if they don't you change them or make up new ones. Is Barton not with his Scouse missus now?

I neither need, want or would take anything for free from a gobshite, use it as a deposit on a decent encyclopedia.

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up.

All very good points, but they're just not true. Barton wanted a longer contract on lower wages. The club stopped all negotiations way before Barton let loose on twitter.

Nolan had a agreed a contract, but the club changed their offer when he had to put pen to paper.

There are two sides to those stories and you seem to believe the ones that have admitted to the fact, that they have lied to the public about their dealings.

Incorrect.

Bartons own agent said Barton had agreed to sign then changed his mind. I'll repeat.....Bartons agent.Nolans contract may well have changed from what was verbally agreed. I dont know, you dont know. The fact is he was still offered a 2 year extension but declined because he wanted longer.

Personally I think we probably got the best out of Nolan and having around for another couple of years as a squad player would have been nice, but also understandable that given the financial set up at the club, the style AP wants to play and the amount of midfielders at the club, wages for one player to warm the bench for 3 years can be better used elsewhere.

What did he say exactly? Honestly don't remember it, not trying to catch you out or anything.

Has he gone yet? Just sorting my fantasy team out. :lol:

worried now.....how does a player moving club effect your FT.

I was basically wondering if he was going to play tomorrow. Plus, he'll get more points being a Liverpool defender than a Newcastle defender on clean sheets.

Incorrect.

Bartons own agent said Barton had agreed to sign then changed his mind. I'll repeat.....Bartons agent.Nolans contract may well have changed from what was verbally agreed. I dont know, you dont know. The fact is he was still offered a 2 year extension but declined because he wanted longer.

What did he say exactly? Honestly don't remember it, not trying to catch you out or anything.

That got a big :lol:

Basically what I said that he had agreed to sign the new deal on offer but then changed his mind..(I think after Carrol going)

Has he gone yet? Just sorting my fantasy team out. :lol:

worried now.....how does a player moving club effect your FT.

I was basically wondering if he was going to play tomorrow. Plus, he'll get more points being a Liverpool defender than a Newcastle defender on clean sheets.

ok cheers

Incorrect.

That got a big :lol:

Basically what I said that he had agreed to sign the new deal on offer but then changed his mind..(I think after Carrol going)

Well I was hoping for some quotes like.

Everybody speaks about the fans here and they are amazing. I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to playing in front of the Kop.

Aye yous all give him a good clap, just unbelievable to be honest. A statement like that. In terms of the fans it's like leaving Kelly Brook for Kate Moss and going "everyone goes on about Kate's wonderful tits". I'll give him the reception he deserves.

I think as much as I occasionally wear rose tinted glasses, others wear the opposite (whatever they are).

During the last season.

Tiote offered new deal / accepted (wasn't this before Nolan, Carroll and Jose were sold and Barton was put on the shit list? Would he make the same decision now?)

Carrol offered new deal / accepted (Then was made available for transfer)

Ben Arfa offered new deal / accepted (yup, this one I'll give you, but if he has a good season, will he be safe or sold?)

Barton offered new deal / accepted then declined / basket case tbf (Accepted a contract based on promises made to us and, one would assume, the team)

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up. (Club captain, offered a derisable contract by all accounts, but probably a good deal for a 29yr old and the only player sufficiently replaced)

Enrique offered new deal / But had made mind up last summer to be away. (Twitter outburst clearly shows the he felt that he had been lied to and I believe his concerns were not monetary, but the lack of ambition shown by the club. He was right when he said no club will ever challenge if they sell their best players)

Lots of other players such as Shane etc tied up on 5 year deals. (Surely you can see that, if Shane shines he'll be sold as well?)

Like statistics we can all put our own spin on all of this.

my take on your bias. I'm sure you think I'm overly negative, but I just cannot share your optimism.

Everybody speaks about the fans here and they are amazing. I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to playing in front of the Kop.

Aye yous all give him a good clap, just unbelievable to be honest. A statement like that. In terms of the fans it's like leaving Kelly Brook for Kate Moss and going "everyone goes on about Kate's wonderful tits". I'll give him the reception he deserves.

What do you want him to say? "I've heard it's a shit hole here and the fans are shit too. But you're paying me more money so I'm happy jajajaja" :lol:

:lol:

Get used to playing in front of 35k Jose lad and when you have one bad game them getting on your back and comparing you with by gone players.

Fucking bin dipping cunts.

What do you want him to say? "I've heard it's a shit hole here and the fans are shit too. But you're paying me more money so I'm happy jajajaja" :lol:

He doesn't even have to mention the fans. He hasn't mentioned the incredible support he's received for four years, .....and if he made the comment you've made he'd only be telling the truth. Beardsley played for Liverpool when there fans were actually very good, and he said even then there was no comparison between the two supports, let alone today when they don't sell out midweek cos Ryan Air flights from Oslo are only weekend ventures.

t’s just a great feeling. Liverpool is a massive club and it’s nice to be wanted by a club like this

When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.

Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

Newcastle and Liverpool are kind of the same anyway

Liverpool's a great club and this is my chance now to step up

if anyone gets bent out of shape over that JE interview they need their head examining to be honest, show me an interview with a newly signed player at any club that doesn't sound almost exactly the same.

I think as much as I occasionally wear rose tinted glasses, others wear the opposite (whatever they are).

During the last season.

Tiote offered new deal / accepted (wasn't this before Nolan, Carroll and Jose were sold and Barton was put on the shit list? Would he make the same decision now?)

Carrol offered new deal / accepted (Then was made available for transfer)

Ben Arfa offered new deal / accepted (yup, this one I'll give you, but if he has a good season, will he be safe or sold?)

Barton offered new deal / accepted then declined / basket case tbf (Accepted a contract based on promises made to us and, one would assume, the team)

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up. (Club captain, offered a derisable contract by all accounts, but probably a good deal for a 29yr old and the only player sufficiently replaced)

Enrique offered new deal / But had made mind up last summer to be away. (Twitter outburst clearly shows the he felt that he had been lied to and I believe his concerns were not monetary, but the lack of ambition shown by the club. He was right when he said no club will ever challenge if they sell their best players)

Lots of other players such as Shane etc tied up on 5 year deals. (Surely you can see that, if Shane shines he'll be sold as well?)

my take on your bias. I'm sure you think I'm overly negative, but I just cannot share your optimism.

agree with you on pretty much all counts there fish tbh, particularly on the 5 year deals part, we give all these lads 5 year deals when they start moving to the first team and the first thing I think is "thats a good chunk added to the fee we can ask for"

t’s just a great feeling. Liverpool is a massive club and it’s nice to be wanted by a club like this

When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.

Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

He's talking shit but I'venot seen that quote anyway.

Incorrect.

Bartons own agent said Barton had agreed to sign then changed his mind. I'll repeat.....Bartons agent.

He was also the same agent that was called in to a meeting, only to be let know, that there wouldn't be any further discussions after they wanted a longer contract

It won't be quoted to Enrique because they're Carroll's comments, a man who you claim had no choice but to leave and a player you will be applauding on his return.

I admit it is difficult to spot the difference.

Edited by ewerk

During the last season.

Tiote offered new deal / accepted (wasn't this before Nolan, Carroll and Jose were sold and Barton was put on the shit list? Would he make the same decision now?)Tiote signed in Feb, after Carroll sale.

Carrol offered new deal / accepted (Then was made available for transfer)widely accepted we ripped them off

Barton offered new deal / accepted then declined / basket case tbf (Accepted a contract based on promises made to us and, one would assume, the team)Willie McKay, end of

Nolan offered new deal / wanted more and club probably right not to offer big long deal to potential bench warmer given they had Cabaye lined up. (Club captain, offered a derisable contract by all accounts, but probably a good deal for a 29yr old and the only player sufficiently replaced)Nolan promised four year deal. But turned it down as there was no pay increase.

Enrique offered new deal / But had made mind up last summer to be away. (Twitter outburst clearly shows the he felt that he had been lied to and I believe his concerns were not monetary, but the lack of ambition shown by the club. He was right when he said no club will ever challenge if they sell their best players)There are very good reasons for the players we have sold and Tiote is still here so Jose is wrong. he's been woeful since twittergate, so he can do one. I was gutted to see Baye left, but got over it - Jose will be the same.

Lots of other players such as Shane etc tied up on 5 year deals. (Surely you can see that, if Shane shines he'll be sold as well?)if we get 35m, happy days.

Replace Jose and bring in a striker and I'll be happy.

My optimism stems from us selling players and making them available early, which allows time for replacements to be brought in. This is new for Ashley.

Come Sept 1st we know if it was another line.

Replace Jose and bring in a striker and I'll be happy.

My optimism stems from us selling players and making them available early, which allows time for replacements to be brought in. This is new for Ashley.

Come Sept 1st we know if it was another line.

We dont have a LB though :lol:

Incorrect.

He was also the same agent that was called in to a meeting, only to be let know, that there wouldn't be any further discussions after they wanted a longer contract

Honestly mate the Barton situation is so clear and straightforward and well covered by me and others many times in the other thread. I'll restate it just once more but cant really be arsed to "get into it" again.

Joins on pretty good money has 2 - 3 pretty shit years

Starts to come good the end of the championship year

Has a good start to last season

Agrees new contracts and makes various statements about how he was thankful for all the help MA and DL had given him.

Andy Carrol gets sold

Barton renages on the agreement and doesnt sign.

Barton slags off board at Talk Ins

Barton slags off board on twitter

Agent gets called in at end of season and is told due to the above, no new contract.

Barton slags them off some more

Agent gets told he can fuck off for free

Barton still pissing about by all accounts and having another meeting with AP this morning.

I've probably championed Barton on here more than most, but Im at the stage where you think is he going to be more trouble than he's worth.

From a team position, you also have to question whether AP sees him as a first team regular? As stupid as that sounds after last season, AP has already ear marked Cabaye and Tiote for the middle and seems more intent on having proper wingers on the wings.

It won't be quoted to Enrique because they're Carroll's comments, a man who you claim had no choice but to leave and a player you will be applauding on his return.

I admit it is difficult to spot the difference.

If cast-iron confidence is the requirement for success, Carroll won't struggle. Asked if he envisages more pressure living in a city with two football clubs as opposed to Newcastle's one, he fails to see a problem.

"Newcastle and Liverpool are kind of the same anyway," he muses. "I think everything will be fine."

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment...rs/andy-carroll