Chelski vs. NUFC

ohhh_yeah

As I've said for ages, Zog is now our only attacking player, he's got pace, a trick and a decent shot on him so lets play him at left back. Fat sam wants a good fucking leathering if he can't see that after today.

He's the most creative player we have and he's played at left-back ahead of £6m left-back we signed in the summer. It's been said so many times and is so obvious to 99% of fans it's ridiculous.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seemed like an improved perofrmance, but I wasn't expecting anything and to be walking away from Chelsea with a point would have been an outstanding result. One that would prove nothing either way though. Just like this performance doesn't prove we've turned a corner or are destined for the drop.

This was always going to be one of those games where we were never getting anything and that there was a lucky goal for either side followed by an offside goal tells the story of the game in my opinion.

chelseaak7.png - newcastlesu0.png

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea (3rd, 38 pts) v. Newcastle United (11th, 26 pts)

Saturday, 29th December, 15:00 (GMT)

Stamford Bridge, London

Match Trailer (With Nice Music)

Click Here for Video

Goals

1-0 Essien (Min 28)

Click Here for Video

1-1 Butt (Min 55)

Click Here for Video

2-1 Kalou (Min 87)

Click Here for Video

Chelsea Chances

Alex Cahllenge agianst Martins (Min 4)

Click Here for Video

Kalou Chance (Min 18)

Click Here for Video

Mikel Shoot (Min 21)

Click Here for Video

Wright-Phillips Header (Min 45)

Click Here for Video

Butt Error (Min 46)

Click Here for Video

J.Cole Chance (Min 52)

Click Here for Video

Ballack Shoot (Min 62)

Click Here for Video

Newcastle Chances

Martins Chance (Min 6)

Click Here for Video

I saw the whole game and heres my 2 penneth.

Martins just isnt performing. Zero confidence and he isnt putting away the chances we are providing him with, 2 sterling chances today he fluffed

Smith gives nothing to the team, like geremi and barton, he isnt even worthy of a place on the bench

Beye is our best defender, Cacapa had a decent game, Tyalor was ok but shocking error for the goal. Faye and Rozenhal seem much better playing Butts role than a CB position. Unfortunately Butt is better than both of them!

Sams tactics were once again laughable. First 15 mins of the second half we were all over chelsea. Smith gets injured, perfect chance to put on owen or viduka with 2 up top to press for the winner against chelseas poor XI. . . . so he brings on a CB to hold on for the draw. Low and behold, Chelsea pepper our goal for 30 mins and finally score. 1 minute left and he brings on viduka. Fucking shambles!!!

Yes their second goal was blatantly offside but if drogba or sheva had been playing we would have been 6-1 down by that point.

As I've said for ages, Zog is now our only attacking player, he's got pace, a trick and a decent shot on him so lets play him at left back. Fat sam wants a good fucking leathering if he can't see that after today.

He's the most creative player we have and he's played at left-back ahead of £6m left-back we signed in the summer. It's been said so many times and is so obvious to 99% of fans it's ridiculous.

Caught out time and time again in the first half at LB. Not his fault as its not his position but Sam should have spotted it sooner.

Caught out time and time again in the first half at LB. Not his fault as its not his position but Sam should have spotted it sooner.

Well that's the other thing isn't it? He is weak defensively.

Guest Patrokles

Martins has nothing going for him other than his pace*, imo.

*Which he doesn't know how to use effectively.

Edited by Patrokles

Martins just isnt performing. Zero confidence and he isnt putting away the chances we are providing him with, 2 sterling chances today he fluffed

Smith gives nothing to the team, like geremi and barton, he isnt even worthy of a place on the bench

Beye is our best defender, Cacapa had a decent game, Tyalor was ok but shocking error for the goal. Faye and Rozenhal seem much better playing Butts role than a CB position. Unfortunately Butt is better than both of them!

Sams tactics were once again laughable. First 15 mins of the second half we were all over chelsea. Smith gets injured, perfect chance to put on owen or viduka with 2 up top to press for the winner against chelseas poor XI. . . . so he brings on a CB to hold on for the draw. Low and behold, Chelsea pepper our goal for 30 mins and finally score. 1 minute left and he brings on viduka. Fucking shambles!!!

Yes their second goal was blatantly offside but if drogba or sheva had been playing we would have been 6-1 down by that point.

Did you really watch the game? Because I've just got in from the game and most of that is inaccurate shite.

Played the right team .................................................

Don't think so, I saw conclusive evidence that Zoggy should not be playing left-back.

He was causing all kinds of problems for Chelsea'when he was leaving his position and running at them and he needs to be in a position where he can do that all the time and not leave us exposed at the full-back position.

There second goal was obviouly offside and we deserved a point at the very least.

Yeah, I should have said 'apart from playing Zoggy at LB' :lol: , other that it seemed okay though.

There's a quote from Allardyce's interview in The Mag that I have ringing in my ears:

"Milner doesn't play on the right so thats the end of that"

Where did he play today ????

Did you really watch the game? Because I've just got in from the game and most of that is inaccurate shite.

Yes i really did watch it. Which parts do you disagree with?

Martins just isnt performing

Smith gives nothing to the team

Taylor was ok but shocking error for the goal

First 15 mins of the second half we were all over chelsea.

Smith gets injured. . . so he brings on a CB to hold on for the draw

Chelsea pepper our goal for 30 mins and finally score

1 minute left and he brings on viduka

I just watched it all over again on football first and still stand by it.

Yes i really did watch it. Which parts do you disagree with?

Martins just isnt performing

Smith gives nothing to the team

Taylor was ok but shocking error for the goal

First 15 mins of the second half we were all over chelsea.

Smith gets injured. . . so he brings on a CB to hold on for the draw

Chelsea pepper our goal for 30 mins and finally score

1 minute left and he brings on viduka

I just watched it all over again on football first and still stand by it.

I thought the linesman was a russian tbo, or he could have even been a German getting his own back for 66?

One of the things that stood out the most for me was something one of the commentators said:

Villa came here (Stamford Bridge) with the formation and mentality to attack and because of it they got a result.

If Newcastle were willing to do similar they'd get something from this match!

A pretty good performance. Lots to take out of it. I thought bringing on Rozenhal was a decent move considering N'Zogbia was getting raped and pillaged on the defensive side of things all game. Which begs the question...does Allardyce really not rate Enrique yet?

OK he has looked nervous the times he has played but to improve you need the experience, and it's not like we're getting results with Enrique not there.

It looks as though the players are firmly behind Allardyce which is the main thing. Some keyboard warriors on here might think otherwise but he's still got the proper backing from those most important.

Obviously we were robbed and for a 10-15 minute period early in the second half it looked as though we would push on and score another goal. The first time I've seen Newcastle run a team ragged since the Tottenham game. Long time between drinks that.

Allardyce could have opted to go all offensive when Smith was taken off, but for me...six of one and half a dozen of the other.

The side looked knackered the last 15 minutes and Chelsea finished the strongest and got a goal that should not have been.

I expected a loss and we got one, but the performance was at least promising.

I can only imagine how annoyingly expert-opinionated your response to this is going to be now that you've actually attended a game. :lol:

Another 3 changes, another new formation to try, another defeat.

At least it was a better performance. The arrogant, stubborn label being hurled at Allardyce was somewhat dispelled with Milner being played on the right where he belongs, where he did better than anyone else has this season and where he'll hopefully stay on Wednesday. The team looked a lot more balanced. Just Smith and Nzogbia's misuse to sort and we'll be getting somewhere.

And it was nice to see the opposition manager getting booed. Of course there'll be no headlines in the papers about Grant losing the condfidence of the fans or the chants of "you don't know what you're doing" directed at his changes, because there's not a chance of him being sacked. The press know that things are different up North where 12 games are all a man gets before they're on his back and managers come and go at the whim of fans. Hopefully that's how things WERE and the current owner will judge things with his own head, rather than the passionate hearts of the fans.

And it was nice to see the opposition manager getting booed. Of course there'll be no headlines in the papers about Grant losing the condfidence of the fans or the chants of "you don't know what you're doing" directed at his changes, because there's not a chance of him being sacked. The press know that things are different up North where 12 games are all a man gets before they're on his back and managers come and go at the whim of fans. Hopefully that's how things WERE and the current owner will judge things with his own head, rather than the passionate hearts of the fans.

:lol: Spot on, Mr. Face.

Is that your bro posting on NO btw (lbw or something)? Seems a canny blerk. Apologies if he obviously is/isn't btw, I don't get on there that much and am confused. :huh:

Is that your bro posting on NO btw (lbw or something)? Seems a canny blerk. Apologies if he obviously is/isn't btw, I don't get on there that much and am confused. :huh:

It is, aye.

Was Lankybellwipe.

Nonsensical half the time, but a legend afaic.

Is that your bro posting on NO btw (lbw or something)? Seems a canny blerk. Apologies if he obviously is/isn't btw, I don't get on there that much and am confused. :razz:

It is, aye.

Was Lankybellwipe.

Nonsensical half the time, but a legend afaic.

:nufc::huh:

Another 3 changes, another new formation to try, another defeat.

At least it was a better performance. The arrogant, stubborn label being hurled at Allardyce was somewhat dispelled with Milner being played on the right where he belongs, where he did better than anyone else has this season and where he'll hopefully stay on Wednesday. The team looked a lot more balanced. Just Smith and Nzogbia's misuse to sort and we'll be getting somewhere.

Spot on HF.

I think N'Zogbia is being played there because he's not an absolute abomination there. No, I don't think it's his best position and I think he's far better far further forward.

I was thinking about him specifically and it came to me. Maybe Allardyce is keeping Enrique out of the team because of the hostile attitude from the home fans? The other new lads are all seasoned professionals, all capable of shouldering the pressure, we've two ex-captains in the defence, Viduka, Smith and Barton have all played in the premierleague pressure cooker. So perhaps Allardyce is protecting Enrique?

I can only imagine how annoyingly expert-opinionated your response to this is going to be now that you've actually attended a game. :lol:

:huh: Ive been going regularly to matches since i was 15 and could afford it. And if going to games makes you an expert then why do the tramps that sit around me spout so much shit every week.

Im yet to hear which part of 'my opinion' on the match is such a load of shite?