Barton to be freed on bail

Jimbo

More proof of Allardyce's lack of ability.

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

To be fair to Allardyce, if you recall he wanted to take the players away between boxing day and new year for some sort of 'boot camp' but the players alledgedly kicked off and got their way....

True but it was also Allardyce that buckled and let them have the time with their "family."

Would you let Charles Manson hang out with his "family" if he was paroled for Christmas?

I think not.

Sam's judgement call found lacking again.

Allardyce may be guilty of a lot, but you can't pin this on him because he didn't keep Barton under lock and key himself between boxxing day and new years. Get a grip ffs.

Ironic really that under lock and key is exactly where Barton will be for the foreseeable future

:good:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is not right because he was 'injured', so whatever he did on the night out, simply to be out at 5am on an injured ankle, then either Barton is taking the piss with the club, or someone at the club is lying about him being injured.

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

To be fair to Allardyce, if you recall he wanted to take the players away between boxing day and new year for some sort of 'boot camp' but the players alledgedly kicked off and got their way....

True but it was also Allardyce that buckled and let them have the time with their "family."

Would you let Charles Manson hang out with his "family" if he was paroled for Christmas?

I think not.

Allardyce may be guilty of a lot, but you can't pin this on him because he didn't keep Barton under lock and key himself between boxxing day and new years. Get a grip ffs.

Ironic really that under lock and key is exactly where Barton will be for the foreseeable future

Steady on Alanis. :rolleyes:

I think not.

Oi, stop being a black fly in my chardonay Luke :rolleyes:

I think not.

Oi, stop being a black fly in my chardonay Luke :rolleyes:

More like Morrison's own brand sparkling white. :friends:

I think not.

Oi, stop being a black fly in my chardonay Luke :friends:

More like Morrison's own brand sparkling white. B)

Lidl tbh :rolleyes:

Something is not right because he was 'injured', so whatever he did on the night out, simply to be out at 5am on an injured ankle, then either Barton is taking the piss with the club, or someone at the club is lying about him being injured.

It's already been admitted in the press that Barton wasn't injured, he chucked a woobly when he travelled to Wigan and found out he wasn't even on the bench.

Nothing changes, these twats keep lying to the supporters because they think we'll never hear the truth.

Luke it's more the fact that Allardyce is allegedly a strong manager and he convinced the board to take a chance on Barton because he assured them he could handle him but all we are seeing is the exact same things that happened with the final moments of SBR and the way the club was run when Souness was manager. Like SBR did, Allardyce is letting his players run the team, playing certain players regardless of form and then telling us we don't know about football.

It's strange but I'm reading And they wonder why we drink by Billy Furious at the moment and seriously it's almost like word for word he is commentation on this season. And even more distressing is Billy's comments on Allardyce from two seasons ago and how much they now apply to the current Newcastle team.

Rather gratuitous use of 'ace' in that headline iyam.

Sammy, you're just looking for excuses to hang Allardyce now. Yes Barton is a headcase and we should have left him alone, but this specific incident is Barton's fault, not Allardyce's.

from Beeb http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7169108.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 3 January 2008, 13:05 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Joey Barton to remain in custody

Joey Barton

Joey Barton is due back in court on 16 January

Newcastle and England midfielder Joey Barton has been remanded in custody by magistrates in Liverpool.

The player is charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray following an incident in the city's Church Street area.

The 25-year-old, who appeared via videolink from prison, was refused bail and is due back in court on 16 January.

He was arrested with his 19-year-old brother Andrew and Nadine Wilson, 27, from Huyton, Merseyside.

The footballer has been held since 27 December and has already missed Newcastle's defeats at Chelsea and at home to Manchester City.

He will remain in Liverpool Prison when Newcastle take on Stoke in the FA Cup and face a League match away to Manchester United.

The charges follow an alleged confrontation at a McDonald's at 0530 GMT on Thursday.

Mr Barton, of Widnes, Cheshire, was jointly charged with his brother, Andrew, 19, also of Widnes, who is accused of assault causing actual bodily harm and affray.

Ms Wilson is charged with common assault and affray.

Both were granted bail at a hearing before Liverpool magistrates on 28 December.

annoying to think that while he's inside he'll make the thick end of 200k....at least!

I take great comfort in the fact he is shitting bricks at the thought of getting seven shades of shit kicked out of him.

He certainly has a tile loose like.

And it means pretty much any opposition fans can take the piss out of us for just signing the fucker and he cant get on the pitch and prove them wrong because A. He's not that good. B. He will probably be in jail.

He looked a decent signing when we got him but it hasn't half turned round and bit us in the arse, and with the African nations losing Faye and Geremi in midfield we could (will)find ourselves short.

Duff(or Zoggy depending on Enrique @ LB) /Butt/Emre/Milner would do well i guess but i can see us sustaining a few more injuries as its just the nature of the football club

He certainly has a tile loose like.

And it means pretty much any opposition fans can take the piss out of us for just signing the fucker and he cant get on the pitch and prove them wrong because A. He's not that good. B. He will probably be in jail.

He looked a decent signing when we got him but it hasn't half turned round and bit us in the arse, and with the African nations losing Faye and Geremi in midfield we could (will)find ourselves short.

Duff(or Zoggy depending on Enrique @ LB) /Butt/Emre/Milner would do well i guess but i can see us sustaining a few more injuries as its just the nature of the football club

As if Barton is the only thing opposition fans have to take the piss on.