Barton to be freed on bail

Jimbo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football 365:

While the rest of us will be toasting the New Year, Joey Barton will be staring at the four blank walls of a prison cell after he was refused bail by Liverpool Magistrates. Barton has been remanded on charges of assault and affray after a 'confrontation' outside a McDonalds in the Pool. We're lovin' it.

Seems a bit on the wrong side of impartial.

Sums up the meeja's view of Newcastle as a source of hilarity though.

From the view of a neutral, he's a horrible violent yet filthy rich headcase. I'd say it's quite reasonable to be pleased that he's spending some well deserved time in prison.

More proof of Allardyce's lack of ability.

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

:lol: Tell me this post was a joke please.

every other manager was staying well clear of Barton in the summer

errrr no. :huh:

You really are pathetic aren´t you?

He wanted Barton and with that it was his resposibility to keep him out of trouble but just like everything so far Allardyce has come up short.

:lol: Tell me this post was a joke please.

errrr no. :huh:

The irony.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3012724,00.html

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce feels he has been let down by Joey Barton.

Toon midfielder Barton will see in 2008 in prison after being charged with common assault and affray following an incident in Liverpool over the Christmas period. His spell in custody has ruled him out of Newcastle's festive programme.

And under-fire Magpies boss Allardyce - who splashed out £5.8million to bring the midfielder to St James' Park - has admitted he is frustrated by Barton's behaviour.

He told the Daily Mirror: "Yes, I feel let down by him, of course I do. There's no question about that but I've got to deal with that quietly and privately when the opportunity arises."

Allardyce has spoken to Barton since he was remanded in custody but insists his future at Newcastle has not been discussed.

"I have spoken to him but I'm not going to tell you what was said. The Joey Barton situation is something we had to put behind us because we've got so many games in such a short period of time," said Allardyce.

"We'll deal with that later on and find out what the outcome is when I get the opportunity with the chairman.

"It's disappointing, very, very disappointing but I can't really comment any further than that."

If the club were to sack him would they have to give him a big payout?

Dont really know ? If they could prove he had brought the game and club into disrepute maybe they could,but the club would still be out five and a half mill. It could be said he was in breach of his contract but at the end of the day the club still stands to lose a lot of cash.

If the club were to sack him would they have to give him a big payout?

Dont really know ? If they could prove he had brought the game and club into disrepute maybe they could,but the club would still be out five and a half mill. It could be said he was in breach of his contract but at the end of the day the club still stands to lose a lot of cash.

Shouldn't be too hard like. :good:

Without knowing any of the legalities involve,you would think that breach of contract would be a possibility.

I noticed one or two journos went out of their way to say that the mandatory drugs test was applied to Barton when he was arrested.Which left me wondering if they were trying to say something,without actually printing it -( if you know what I mean)

I would have thought there would be some sort of gross misconduct clause in the contract, and I would imagine getting banged up for abh or whatever would be enough to activate it. There seems to be a bizzarre lack of paper gossip about it considering the circus we normally attract. It is possible I have been enjoying myself too much to notice mind.

Without prejudging the situation, It looks like I had him all wrong, I fell h.l.&s for his psychobabble bullshit, thought he was sorting himself out and had great hopes for his Newcastle career.

I now hope he fucks off and doesnt come back, I dont particularly care if he gets sent down, or for how long, I am happy for justice to run its course, but whatever the outcome I dont want to see him anywhere near a Newcastle shirt again. Hopefully he will be dealt with quickly one way or another, and we dont get dragged into some soap opera - I would be perfectly happy to never hear see or hear his name again.

I can't see what all the fuss is about tbh. A young lad with a pocket full of money, goes out, gets pissed, has a fight, gets locked up. Happens every weekend but Joey Barton should have more sense, not because he's a footballer, but because he's already got a similar court case hanging over him and he knows his every move is being watched....what a thicko!

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I can't see what all the fuss is about tbh. A young lad with a pocket full of money, goes out, has a fight, gets locked up. Happens every weekend but Joey Barton should have more sense, not because he's a footballer, but because he's already got a similar court case hanging over him and he knows his every move is being watched....what a thicko!

It was the story (supposedly caught on CCTV) of him indiscriminantly punching people on the street which made it a bigger deal imo. It he'd just chinned a lad who was egging him on, it would have been bad, but not that bad.

I can't see what all the fuss is about tbh. A young lad with a pocket full of money, goes out, has a fight, gets locked up. Happens every weekend but Joey Barton should have more sense, not because he's a footballer, but because he's already got a similar court case hanging over him and he knows his every move is being watched....what a thicko!

It was the story (supposedly caught on CCTV) of him indiscriminantly punching people on the street which made it a bigger deal imo. It he'd just chinned a lad who was egging him on, it would have been bad, but not that bad.

It's just a newspaper story at the moment though and we know how much them arseholes make up. Seems to have went awfully quiet though, as someone else pointed out :good:

It's just a newspaper story at the moment though and we know how much them arseholes make up. Seems to have went awfully quiet though, as someone else pointed out :good:

Well, his solicitor admitted he lost it so I think it's fair to assume there's some fairly incriminating evidence in the police's possession.

Something very wrong about NUFC getting all judgemental about morality and bringing the game into disrepute. Even when we tried to do the right thing and fire Kevin Bond without any evidence, we let the biggest accused stay and sit in judgement over Barton. Aye he's a twat, but as of right now, he's still more innocent than many who have worn the shirt previously. Many many players.

:good: Tell me this post was a joke please.

errrr no. :rolleyes:

The irony.

And what are you on about now?

Edited by ewerk

To be fair to Allardyce, if you recall he wanted to take the players away between boxing day and new year for some sort of 'boot camp' but the players alledgedly kicked off and got their way....

I bet Barton wishes they'd gone now.

For the record, I was in Liverpool between Christmas and New Year and was in town the very next day and walked passed where it all happened. The McDonalds in question is in very close proximity to one of the main drinking areas in the city. Quite what a highly paid Premiership footballer was doing in a McDonalds at 5.30am - less than 60 hours before a vital game over 200 miles away is beyond me...

The fact that he was in the city of one of the clubs he turned down this summer and also the city in which his brother committed a racist murder is asking for trouble. I don't care if its him home city, being a premiership footballer comes with a responsibility to yourself but more importantly... your club.

He's let everyone associated with NUFC down with this stunt. Goaded or not, he allowed himself to be put in that position in the first place and for that he can blame no-one but himself.

To be fair to Allardyce, if you recall he wanted to take the players away between boxing day and new year for some sort of 'boot camp' but the players alledgedly kicked off and got their way....

I bet Barton wishes they'd gone now.

For the record, I was in Liverpool between Christmas and New Year and was in town the very next day and walked passed where it all happened. The McDonalds in question is in very close proximity to one of the main drinking areas in the city. Quite what a highly paid Premiership footballer was doing in a McDonalds at 5.30am - less than 60 hours before a vital game over 200 miles away is beyond me...

The fact that he was in the city of one of the clubs he turned down this summer and also the city in which his brother committed a racist murder is asking for trouble. I don't care if its him home city, being a premiership footballer comes with a responsibility to yourself but more importantly... your club.

He's let everyone associated with NUFC down with this stunt. Goaded or not, he allowed himself to be put in that position in the first place and for that he can blame no-one but himself.

Buying Barton was a massive gamble, his behaviour is well documented, his recent arrest is a surprise to absolutely no one at all.

True but it was also Allardyce that buckled and let them have the time with their "family."

Would you let Charles Manson hang out with his "family" if he was paroled for Christmas?

I think not.

Sam's judgement call found lacking again.

True but it was also Allardyce that buckled and let them have the time with their "family."

Would you let Charles Manson hang out with his "family" if he was paroled for Christmas?

I think not.

Sam's judgement call found lacking again.

Allardyce may be guilty of a lot, but you can't pin this on him because he didn't keep Barton under lock and key himself between boxxing day and new years. Get a grip ffs.