Hitzfeld, Houllier and Van Gaal now in the frame

Tribal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the types of managers you guys need. People with experience, people who have won titles and cups. Not Harry frikkin Redknapp. van Gaal was Barcelona manager for a good 4-5 seasons and did a decent job. He'll certainly give you the attacking football you crave, provided you give him time to make signings beyond one transfer window. Don't think Houlier will quit his current post, but he also has Premier League experience which is a bonus if you can tempt him. Hitzfield is another fantastic coach, has been instrumental in turning Bayern Munich into one of the best teams in Europe.

Hope you sign on of these men!

These are the types of managers you guys need. People with experience, people who have won titles and cups. Not Harry frikkin Redknapp. van Gaal was Barcelona manager for a good 4-5 seasons and did a decent job. He'll certainly give you the attacking football you crave, provided you give him time to make signings beyond one transfer window. Don't think Houlier will quit his current post, but he also has Premier League experience which is a bonus if you can tempt him. Hitzfield is another fantastic coach, has been instrumental in turning Bayern Munich into one of the best teams in Europe.

Rubbish man. "Arry Redknapp is a fuckin' God compared to who we may eventually get.

Those that are misguided think/hope/expect we'll get a world-class manager. Bollocks to that. We won't. Van Gaal, Hitzfield, Mourinho are only names that the deluded can think of.

We get anyone other than an average British manager than I'll eat my arse. Fuckin' welcome to reality...

Rubbish man. "Arry Redknapp is a fuckin' God compared to who we may eventually get.

Those that are misguided think/hope/expect we'll get a world-class manager. Bollocks to that. We won't. Van Gaal, Hitzfield, Mourinho are only names that the deluded can think of.

We get anyone other than an average British manager than I'll eat my arse. Fuckin' welcome to reality...

Even if they don't come, I'll be massively encouraged that we are going for managers of this calibre. Arry bottling it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

People (fans as well as journos) should forget about Hitzfeld. He was a remote possibility two years ago, but isn't anymore. The next football job he will take is either the Swiss post or none. It's really questionable if he will ever a club job again. At this moment of time he is rather likely to retire.

People (fans as well as journos) should forget about Hitzfeld. He was a remote possibility two years ago, but isn't anymore. The next football job he will take is either the Swiss post or none. It's really questionable if he will ever a club job again. At this moment of time he is rather likely to retire.

think about the golf and lightbulbs maaaaaan!

According to the papers here he's likely to accept the Swiss job.

Personally would have massive doubts about Houllier.

Agreed. Played crap football with Liverpool.

Aye shite. :lol:

1827783mp9.jpg

949807fh2.jpg

ghoullieree5.jpg

Guest Patrokles

Aye shite. :lol:

1827783mp9.jpg

949807fh2.jpg

ghoullieree5.jpg

Common knowledge that he was never the same after his health problems, though, and was heavily criticized throughout his time at liverpool. Additionally, he failed to make Lyon the force he was brought there to make them. I'd have serious reservations. I can also post some photos of Souness holding trophies as a manager if you like?

Edited by Patrokles

Aye shite. ;)

1827783mp9.jpg

949807fh2.jpg

ghoullieree5.jpg

Common knowledge that he was never the same after his health problems, though, and was heavily criticized throughout his time at liverpool. Additionally, he failed to make Lyon the force he was brought there to make them. I'd have serious reservations. I can also post some photos of Souness holding trophies as a manager if you like?

;)

Van Gaal would be my choice out of the three. Hitzfeld didn't do too well at Bayern this time 'round, but he has a great track record. I'm really not sure about Houllier.

i'd take any of them ahead of hughes or the keegan/shearer dream team

Edited by Dr Gloom

This thing about Hitzfeld not doing well this time round. They're still top of the league aren't they? I know he's spent a lot of money btw.

indeed. the only issue i could see with him is that he's getting on a bit. his record is different class.

i'm surprised the n-o boys haven't replaunched hitzfeldforthetoon.com

This thing about Hitzfeld not doing well this time round. They're still top of the league aren't they? I know he's spent a lot of money btw.

indeed. the only issue i could see with him is that he's getting on a bit. his record is different class.

http://www.hitzfeldforthetoon.info/

I read something which suggested that they spent an obscene amount for a German club but are only just ahead of second so it was considered "failure".

I read something which suggested that they spent an obscene amount for a German club but are only just ahead of second so it was considered "failure".

They started brilliantly, playing decent football for a change, which was something they tried to focus on. But they lost their momentum quite quickly with a couple of goalless draws where they failed to convert a plentora of chances. They have only lost one game this season though.

The biggest criticism was the draw against Bolton at home, where Hitzfeld took of his best players early because they had to play another games less than 48 hours later but was heavily attacked by Rummenigge ("football is not mathematics"). It seems that Hitzfeld then made his decision not to enter talks about a new contract. It really seems that he isn't really bothered about club football any more. As I've now said a couple of times people really should forget about him. He made clear that he either takes the Swiss job or none at all.

http://www.hitzfeldforthetoon.info/

Is this actually the relaunched site, or still the same one off last time?

The dossier has me in creases, outstanding.