Arsenal vs NUFC

@yourservice

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful in the first half, better in the second.

Ultimately though, still well beaten. Can't legislate for the first two goals but the third was shocking.

I thought Carr was our best player. Ameobi still useless. Probably the only player I know who could give a free-kick away whilst shepherding the ball out looking like he has won a corner.

King Kev King Kev lets all sing it now.........hahah

Seriously man piss off.

Were we ever going to win this game? No.

Bolton was a trial run, these Arsenal games were pre-season friendlies. Our season begins on Saturday. We can still save it.

Come on King Kev! (p.s. buy some players...)

Observations on tonight.

Remember at schoool when we played footy in the playground and the teams got sorted out. You would look around at your team mates and then the opposition and you knew immediately what the result was gonna be. That was how we looked coming out the tunnel.

We tried to keep things narrow and tight in the middle of the park to stop Arsenal passing through us. It sort of worked for the first half hour but then they started on Charlie Zog. He looked dizzy with them coming from all angles at him. Inevitably the goal came from down the left.

Offensively it was pretty direct. Not up to Smith as a target man, but over the top for Owen, Smith, Milner and Duff to run onto. The quality of the through balls was never good enough and Arsenals defensive line was organised enough to get the offsides.

Terry Buthcher on Radio 5 thinks we should be worried.

The boro game is now massive. Anything other than a win will negate the Keegan effect. Whatever boost he did give is diminishing quickly. You can see it in the players faces. Keegan's got to get some momentum going now.

Viduka and Emre back on Sunday.

Given - usual fair, rooted to his spot, distribution woeful, nervous as hell in possession, not making the stops of previous seasons

Carr - technically the worst player on the pitch tonight and possibly in the premiership. This blokes only strength is covering the back post in last ditch clearances, but he even failed to do this for Adabeyors goal. His passing is shocking. I can think of three occasions when he lost possession in our defensive third of the field when a simple pass was on. He's shite.

Charlie Zog - had a mare defensively, completely ripped apart in the final 15 of the 1st. Offensively never found any space and never linked up with Duff. Set peice delivery poor tonight.

Taylor & Cacapa, just cannot cope with Arsenal's movement. The overall dominance of arsenal reflects badly on them two because they get left to try and plug the gaps left by others ahead of them.

Butt & Roz - defensively they do a job nicked possession and broke things up frequently. But when they do get it they don't have the ability and vision to link things together or to get players.

Milner & Duff - never got into it - team set up made them too narrow and any through balls into space ahead of them were never accurate enough.

Owen - showing more energy. Did alot of work dropping into midfield to make the extra man. But showed his frustration at the offside decisions.

Smith - gave lots of fouls away. never given great service as a target man, spent alot of time chasing lost cause long balls put in behind.

Seriously man piss off.

Bolton was a trial run, these Arsenal games were pre-season friendlies. Our season begins on Saturday. We can still save it.

I agree. We are out of the cup. We never expected to win tonight. Keegans era starts on Sunday. I hope he can get a forward player or a striker in though.

Seriously man piss off.

I agree. We are out of the cup. We never expected to win tonight. Keegans era starts on Sunday. I hope he can get a forward player or a striker in though.

I heard the summer was an ok time to get players in that are desperately needed? ;)

Its hard to know what to say after that. We stifled them for large parts of the game, and even controlled the game for some of the second half. No mean feat against the top team in the league.

But then we never looked in danger of scoring, and havent for a number of weeks now. And our defence, although good for most of the match, still looked shaky at times.

Ps, givens fault for flaminis goal, should have caught it in his box

Tbh we never win at Arsenal, no matter who we have for a squad or manager.

Allardyce won at Arsenal loads of times.

Cool.

Shall we get him back?

couldnt agree more. kk returned at the most difficult time of the season- but he still came back

Guest Patrokles
Tbh we never win at Arsenal, no matter who we have for a squad or manager.

Allardyce won at Arsenal loads of times.

With Bolton, and this is Newcastle.

Thing is, I think we are playing better football now and beginning to look more organized but lack that cutting edge in front of goal.

If we play as well against the Boro as we have with Arsenal we should pick up 3 points.

Discounting the probability of any new players coming in during this window I think it's fair to say that when we get the players back from Africa and Keegan has the roster he inherited available we can expect the improvement to continue getting better.

Did I watch a different game to the BBC man?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7210572.stm

"Dismal"?

They had one more shot on target than we did! We were dismal against Man U. Tonight we wereas average as anyone would expect.

"Manchester City manager Kevin Keegan:"

Do they do this shit to wind us up?

Fucking amateur hour.