relegation

jab

I've had a look at the fixure lists of some other teams. Especially Bolton have pretty difficult games to come up. If we are not able to beat the likes of Fulham etc. at home we deserve to go down anyway.

I do have the strange feeling that we will get a decent result against Liverpool next week. With them having to play Inter a couple of days later and their indifferent Premierleague form this might be a good game to pick up confidence for the crunch games in the weeks afterwards.

unfortunately and rather grimly correct

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do see goals in our side, as soon as the first one bobbles in I predict a few will follow. We're creating chances and while they're not crossing the line yet, I truly believe that scoring goals isn't our concern.

Well it's certainly not concerning any other buggers. <_<

Our goal difference is a big concern like, given how tight it is likely to be in the battle not to be in the third relegation spot.

Agreed - if it goes to the wire its like we have a point less than those around us - those hammerings we have taken could be more than humiliating

I do see goals in our side, as soon as the first one bobbles in I predict a few will follow. We're creating chances and while they're not crossing the line yet, I truly believe that scoring goals isn't our concern.

Well it's certainly not concerning any other buggers. <_<

pipe down you. :razz:

After today I now have us finishing 16th, with relegation going to Derby, Fulham & bolton.

I still have us getting 0 points next week at Birmingham, but 3 points at home to Fulham. Its that game which I see as the key one and then the reading game (though I have us getting 1 points there). Another key game I think will be Bolton at home to city, I have bolton getting a draw and would really need them getting no more.

Looking seriously worrying now. I didn't take relegation seriously until now. What the fudge has happened I'm stunned out club has fallen this far. Not surprise but mortified. As long as we all stay behind the team... How do I finish that it's up to the players and manager now. Lets just get behind them and hope we can laugh about this next season!!! Keep the faith!!!

I think a lot of us have said 'we should be ok' in a sort of subconsious arrogance that it's something that happens to other teams and we always bail ourselves out the shit because we are who we are. Unfortunately, the shit of reality has hit a very large fan.

I think a lot of us have said 'we should be ok' in a sort of subconsious arrogance that it's something that happens to other teams and we always bail ourselves out the shit because we are who we are. Unfortunately, the shit of reality has hit a very large fan.

I just think we've got 21 very winnable points to play for.

I reckon ten, Brum, Mackems, Fulham and Reading. We'll be safe with Seven I reckon

I think we'd be safe with 7, I think we'll get 5 and be safe. Cant see us getting anything from Brum, and then draws with the MAckems and Reading. We need to start fighting to stay up though like Reading are and not thinking we wont go down.

Looking seriously worrying now. I didn't take relegation seriously until now. What the fudge has happened I'm stunned out club has fallen this far. Not surprise but mortified. As long as we all stay behind the team... How do I finish that it's up to the players and manager now. Lets just get behind them and hope we can laugh about this next season!!! Keep the faith!!!

We're no closer or further from relegation than we were before the Liverpool game, getting 1 point from that was always going to be a huge victory, and getting 0 by far them most likely out come (we haven't won there with good and even great teams, and this current team is so far off Liverpool in terms of actual quality as well as moral and confidence it is silly).

It's the next two games and all the games in April which will decide things.

Just looking at Boro's run in, they've got Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs as 5 of their next 6 games, with only Man United at the smellnet. They're equally as much in the shit as we are.

Edited by smoggeordie

Looking at that, ours seems to be the kindest run in, if we could somehow get our act together, eg. Martins starting, Smith and Taylor getting fucked off the highest cliff available, we should be capable of getting something out of most of those games.

Just looking at Boro's run in, they've got Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs as 5 of their next 6 games, with only Man United at the smellnet. They're equally as much in the shit as we are.

A few of the teams around us have tricky run ins like. Bolton being a good example. Its this fact that Im pinning my hopes to :lol:

Looking at that, ours seems to be the kindest run in, if we could somehow get our act together, eg. Martins starting, Smith and Taylor getting fucked off the highest cliff available, we should be capable of getting something out of most of those games.

You can add the pile of wank in your sig to that list btw.

You can add the pile of wank in your sig to that list btw.

I have to agree, what you say may be pure genius but while I look at a pic of Duff I cant help but automatically think "bollocks" :lol:

I reckon the Birmingham and Mackems games will decide it loose those and i reckon we`ve gone.

Whatever happens the summer signings will be the test for Ashley to either rebuild the team or make us certainties for the drop if we stay up next season. If we go down with the present team forget any ideas of coming straight back up i reckon mid table at best.

The blame cant lie with Keegan i reckon the damage was done when Shiteness sold all our best players top of the list being Bellamy. Also we havent managed to find a replacement for Shearer.

If Ashley doesnt rebuild he should sell to someone who will. To be fair he has had to pour in millions to straighten out the finances so perhaps that has been his priority. Re building will be harder though if we go down the last thing we want is to be a yo yo side like the Mackems.

After Wigans point today, I now have us finishing 17th on goal difference (33pts), same as Reading and Wigan (but both have better GD). :lol:

Small consolation that Blunderland lost today, a draw would have taken them above us too because of the number of goals we have leaked all season.

Our next games do not hinge us in a matter of life or death situation, it's fucking worse than that.

At this point I can't fault any manager new or old for our dismal recent results, the fault has to lie completely with the players who are unable to capitalize on the amount of scoring chances that present themselves.

We knew Keegans first 7 games were tough, we didnt' expect much - although we probably thought we would have beat Bolton and/or the smoggies.

Relegation fight and maybe Keegans 2nd term starts in earnest from next week. If we really don't get much from the 6 pointers against Brum, Fulham, Reading and the mackems then we deserve to go down.

Unfortunately and realistically.

Bolton and the smoggies both have much harder run ins than we do.

He'll help himself if he starts picking Martins though.

No way you will go down, why the frenzy on sky sports etc, yo will beat Fulham, Sunderland And maybe Birmingham, that will suffice i think, well imo

Spot on.

All the wailing about the press having it in for us and whipping up a storm seems wide of the mark when you read some of the overreactions on these boards. The papers just reflect our most Chicken Little of fans.