The Obafem snubs Arsenal

smoggeordie

Link

OBAFEMI MARTINS has snubbed a £15million move to Arsenal — because he wants to fire Newcastle back into Europe.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger suffered another blow when Toon’s in-demand striker played down interest from the Londoners — insisting he is happy on Tyneside.

Manchester United and AC Milan are also willing to spend big on the speedy 23-year-old, who has more than two years left on his £60,000-a-week deal.

Martins arrived at St James’ Park in 2006 in a £10m move from Inter Milan.

He came close to quitting under Sam Allardyce but wants to help new boss Kevin Keegan steer the Toon into a European place next season.

Martins’ advisor Chris Nathaniel said: “Several top clubs have made contact but Obafemi hasn’t indicated an interest in any of them and he has no intention of quitting the club.”

Sounds like a cross between total bollocks and his agent getting ready to try and extract some more money from the club. Did he sign a new contract when there was all the talk about it at the start of the year?

"The Obafem" :icon_lol::(

Sounds like a genetically engineered Teutonic lesbian.

Wonderful thought at this time of day - thanks :blush:

Agent bollocks but if it was "true" it would show what hypocrites Fergie et al are for having a go at agents when they use them like this to unsettle players.

Made up.

Page 3 wanking material for some though.

Right on cue on N-O, from the same people who dismissed the tabloids who claimed he was wanting to leave about a fortnight ago.

Arsenal fans don't believe it :icon_lol:

However when it's claimed almost bi-weekly that he is going there their opinions are different.

Tbf, I don't believe it either.

However when it's claimed almost bi-weekly that he is going there their opinions are different.

Neither do i.

It's just that they are quite happy to swallow shit from the tabloids when it suits them.

Neither do i.

It's just that they are quite happy to swallow shit from the tabloids when it suits them.

Aye, fair enough.

Neither do i.

I've heard Gemmil's quite happy to swallow helmet on a Sunday night when his lass gets strapped up and shows him who the daddy is, just a rumour like.

Arsenal fans don't believe it :(

Neither do i.

I've heard Gemmil's quite happy to swallow helmet on a Sunday night when his lass gets strapped up and shows him who the daddy is, just a rumour like.

You're fucking obsessed with the G-Man like :icon_lol:

So his agent has come out with this: “Several top clubs have made contact but Obafemi hasn’t indicated an interest in any of them and he has no intention of quitting the club.”

And suddenly he's turned down a £15m move to Arsenal? :icon_lol: They haven't half got an over-active imagination these journos.

So his agent has come out with this: “Several top clubs have made contact but Obafemi hasn’t indicated an interest in any of them and he has no intention of quitting the club.”

And suddenly he's turned down a £15m move to Arsenal? :icon_lol: They haven't half got an over-active imagination these journos.

bloody hell tabloid journos in nonsense story shocker!

Isn't his release clause only £4.50 and a packet of crisps. [/sun]

Not exactly on topic but I think Martins deserves as much credit as anyone else for our recent revival.

Agreed. Along with Owen they have contributed as much as anyone to the revival. I'm not sure what more Owen has to do to get some credit, some folk are never happy.

Made up.

Page 3 wanking material for some though.

Right on cue on N-O, from the same people who dismissed the tabloids who claimed he was wanting to leave about a fortnight ago.

thought they ie baggy, were your mates Alex ?