Owen and Oba - 4 year deals for both

Ketsbaia

It's good to know that people are happy to assume the Daily Mail have inside track on our contract dealings. You don't think, perhaps, agents might use little stories like this to put about their asking price, do you? Just maybe?

Wages are frequently over-exaggerated in the press, makes for a better story.

;) Spot on.

actually, the media often underestimate what the players actually earn.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to know that people are happy to assume the Daily Mail have inside track on our contract dealings. You don't think, perhaps, agents might use little stories like this to put about their asking price, do you? Just maybe?

:icon_lol: Spot on.

Really? ;)

;) Spot on.

You do talk some shite Dan.

Martins on 90k a week ;)

Sorry!! How much is Kewell on again????

Did I say that I agreed with what Kewell is paid? No, I didn`t. I said paying Martins 90K a week is worthy of an eye-roll. In fact, it is retarded if true.

Anyway Kewell is not on 90K a week.

More money than sense!

Four years will take them both to 32ish (yeah right Oba's 22!) and to be honest they won't be worth that much as players or as sellable assets in four years time.

Shut up you cock. I wish we had no foreign fans me, especially this cunt.

I can't believe people still talk about it, it's just so stupid

Agreed, shut the fuck up.

I R toon fan, does that stand for Interracial Toon fan, it's always bugged me not knowing.

I'm afrayd it refferrs tooo my bad gramer nd spelin'.

He must be foreign.

Australian probably ;)

Martins on 90k a week ;)

Did I say that I agreed with what Kewell is paid? No, I didn`t. I said paying Martins 90K a week is worthy of an eye-roll. In fact, it is retarded if true.

Did he say Kewell was on 90k a week?

More money than sense!

Four years will take them both to 32ish (yeah right Oba's 22!) and to be honest they won't be worth that much as players or as sellable assets in four years time.

You're not going to get a player to sign a 2-3 year contract at 28, you'd be bothered with constant transfer rumours if you did manage it (and he'd have effectively no selling on value), and frankly Owen may well still be playing at a high enough standard at 32 to be worth it.

£90,000 for Oba sounds like agent/media BS though (didn't he just sign a new contract as well?), that's a vast amount of cash even considering the non-london premium.

You have to factor in something very important with player salaries. When you are struggling a little bit as a club, you don't have the same appeal as the top 4 and even to some extent Spurs (in London), and Everton (more consistent in recent years).

Oba and Owen are two excellent Premiership players who have experience at the very top level. Signing them up now adds stability and that is worth the extra few million over the next few years IMO.

Very true. TBH I don't really care how much we pay them (they're all on obscene amounts of money anyway) as long as it's not going to bring the club down, which it won't.

;) Spot on.

whatever man

;) Spot on.

whatever man

Give me an example then smartypants. Talk to the hand etc.

Edited by alex

Really? ;)

yes. if you knew a premiership agent, you'd know that some of the wages that even average players earn are ridiculous. most of what is reported in the tabloids is guess work and often way out - both higher and lower.

;) Spot on.

whatever man

well i know for a fact that luque was on about double what the chronicle was reporting. that's why it took us so long to shift him and why he was so comfortable sitting on his arse for two years topping up his pension fund

;) Spot on.

whatever man

well i know for a fact that luque was on about double what the chronicle was reporting. that's why it took us so long to shift him and why he was so comfortable sitting on his arse for two years topping up his pension fund

Fair enough, sorry. Doesn't surprise me he was on a fortune like as it was obvious that was what was preventing us shifting him.

Martins on 90k a week :icon_lol:

Kewell is on £70k a week. ;)

and...

Owner Mike Ashley is ready to tie Owen to a £110,000-a-week deal to replace the one which expires at the end of next season.

Surely that would be Chris Mort sorting it out?

Martins on 90k a week ;)

Did I say he did?

Martins on 90k a week :icon_lol:

Did I say he did?

I was just saying. ;)

Media bollocks or not, 90k per week would be mental for Martins. And it's not like we don't have a bit of a track record for paying people way over the odds btw. A difficult cycle to break, even with a brand new management team.

Media bollocks or not, 90k per week would be mental for Martins. And it's not like we don't have a bit of a track record for paying people way over the odds btw. A difficult cycle to break, even with a brand new management team.

You've got to factor Owen's wages into account as well. I know he's achieved a lot more elsewhere and is by far the better player, but Martins has contributed more to this club than he has. His goals saved us from being involved in a relegation scrap last year and he has been just as important as Owen in our recent revival. I'm not saying he deserves to be on 90 grand but if Mickey O's new contract will be 110 grand you can see how his agents would spin it.

I can't believe those numbers for Martins.

Still can't believe people are so shocked with Martins wage then don't even question Owen's. Martins has done more for this club so far imo and will continue to do so.

That said neither are worth anywhere near those kind of wages.

Martins on 90k a week ;)

Did I say he did?

Did I say you said he did?