Ipswich close in on Ameobi deal

Jimbo

heard some rumors from a reliable source today that Shola could be on his way to Ipswich.

Just seen .com are reporting it too.

Despite returning from injury Shola Ameobi's absence from the first team has alerted Championship side Ipswich to the possibility of acquiring the forward on loan.

Tractor boys boss, Jim Magilton, has apparently enquired about Ameobi - who has played 230 times for Newcastle and scored 45* goals - and is awaiting Kevin Keegan's response.

Also waiting in the wings are Plymouth with Pilgrims boss Paul Sturrock also courting Ameobi.

Both clubs are on the verge of the play-offs going into the season's final six or seven games.

* We stubbornly refuse to credit Shola with one of the goals against the mackems in October 2005 which to our mind was clearly a Steve Caldwell own goal.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really been good enough but he's always worked hard and played through the pain barrier for roeder when we were suffering a lot of injuries

hope he goes somewhere he can get first team football and good luck to him

Never really been good enough but he's always worked hard and played through the pain barrier for roeder when we were suffering a lot of injuries

What Shola was that? Have I missed something here?

Aye, like other players of the last 5 years, he says he wants to work hard but once on the pitch he's braindead and lazy as shit.

Agreed, he's never stepped out of line, never shown the club up in a bad light, unfortnately just isn't talented enough. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

heard some rumors from a reliable source today that Shola could be on his way to Ipswich.

Just seen .com are reporting it too.

Despite returning from injury Shola Ameobi's absence from the first team has alerted Championship side Ipswich to the possibility of acquiring the forward on loan.

Tractor boys boss, Jim Magilton, has apparently enquired about Ameobi - who has played 230 times for Newcastle and scored 45* goals - and is awaiting Kevin Keegan's response.

Also waiting in the wings are Plymouth with Pilgrims boss Paul Sturrock also courting Ameobi.

Both clubs are on the verge of the play-offs going into the season's final six or seven games.

* We stubbornly refuse to credit Shola with one of the goals against the mackems in October 2005 which to our mind was clearly a Steve Caldwell own goal.

That's a bit cuntish from the boys at .com, still I doubt Shola's too bothered. A move is the best for all concerned, would do okay in the Championship I think.

incredible comment

he's had more than enough chances and he hasn't taken them. shame. it would be typical if he went and did well at another club.

I think it would just be a case of him finding his level, assuming it's in the Championship.

he's had more than enough chances and he hasn't taken them. shame. it would be typical if he went and did well at another club.

I think it would just be a case of him finding his level, assuming it's in the Championship.

I think that's a bit harsh, I just don't think his level was necessarily a team supposedly challenging for a European place, never mind Champions League place.

I think its probably time to move on and i think he'd do well in the championship, such that i'd insist on a buy on clause, because as was seen with Chopra, a player bangs them in for a championship team and theres a chance of a big fee being paid for them.

What's he worth tho?

Tough one isn't it! He is still relatively young and English so that should bump his fee up a bit as it always does and he's spent his entire career in the prem thus far which would hopefully count for something. But it will prob come down to how many clubs wnt him as to how much we can get.

What's he worth tho?

Tough one isn't it! He is still relatively young and English so that should bump his fee up a bit as it always does and he's spent his entire career in the prem thus far which would hopefully count for something. But it will prob come down to how many clubs wnt him as to how much we can get.

I'd take £3m and above. :lol::icon_lol:

I think that's a bit harsh, I just don't think his level was necessarily a team supposedly challenging for a European place, never mind Champions League place.

Maybe he could play in the PL but I'm not convinced he'll ever do well in it. By finding his level, I meant a league in which he'd be a good player.

Maybe he could play in the PL but I'm not convinced he'll ever do well in it. By finding his level, I meant a league in which he'd be a good player.

I think you're being too nice.

He's definitely good enough (or at least he was) to be a good Championship striker imo.

incredible comment

Mine or Andrews?

He's definitely good enough (or at least he was) to be a good Championship striker imo.

I think if we sell him we could get at least £3m, he's not a bad player imo, just not consistent enough for our club.

If we could sell him to Derby, or maybe Fulham I think he'd do well for them and bring them back to the Premiership (not singlehandedly, but would be a major asset) but he isn't to be relied upon at the top level and would then be sold on. We should absolutely include a sell on clause.