Avram Grant sacked.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair, he made a few dodgy decisions at important times and isn't exactly a leader of men as far as I could tell. Then again, I wasn't in the dressing room, or on the training pitch, but that team had been coached by Jose and his men for over 2 years. All those players know exactly what their job is and are experienced enough to just get on with it and play. They will need a strong character to come in and shape a new team to challenge for trophies that were not won this year =)

to be fair, he made a few dodgy decisions at important times and isn't exactly a leader of men as far as I could tell. Then again, I wasn't in the dressing room, or on the training pitch, but that team had been coached by Jose and his men for over 2 years. All those players know exactly what their job is and are experienced enough to just get on with it and play. They will need a strong character to come in and shape a new team to challenge for trophies that were not won this year =)

graeme_souness_300x300.jpg

graeme_souness_300x300.jpg

Perfect for them :icon_lol:

This was always going to happen, and although he hardly evokes sympathy I do feel sorry for him. Naturally since it's Chelsea we won't hear how their "fickle, toxic, vicious" fans etc. demanded better.

I think it'll be Hiddink.

I liked Grant, he made them less dispicable. This is probably a sour grapes reaction to losing the CL final. It`ll be Sven (how suited they would be) or Laudrup. Crap club either way.

its all about that odious cunt peter kenyon. he's made the decision.

Grant was never a leader of men and the ego count at chelsea is pretty high what with Terry, Lampard, Drogba amongst others, having hissy fits and not wanting the team changed.....

hopefully that side gets broken up in the summer.

Grant was never a leader of men and the ego count at chelsea is pretty high what with Terry, Lampard, Drogba amongst others, having hissy fits and not wanting the team changed.....

I think Drogba will leave.

Nice to see a divine righter saying that Lampard and Terry should sign for a proper team if they want to win the CL.

I like the bit where the chelski fans saying the "right" religion and looks are part of what's important for a manager.

I bet that never appears in the papers. :icon_lol:

The level of debate on there:

"Football forums everywhere are laughing at us.

Still, let's hope the next manager is good looking, has better teeth, more celebrity and more personality. Better make sure the next guy isn't from the same religion either, that seemed to bother a few.

Cheers Grant, hope you prove them wrong elsewhere.

Not saying that good looks and better teeth and personality make an excellent manager, but as far as visual elements go they do matter even if it is just a little. Humans have eyes and they use them for more than just navigating around things. Eyes are a way to receive information; another of our senses. A good manager can inspire you just by his appearance, attitude, voice, charisma, personality, etc.

Things like those do matter, and that is the sad truth. A manager would have to be a master tactician if he had no other qualities that could inspire, motivate, or have an impression on players.

And bringing religion into debate? I've never heard anyone hate him because of his religion. That is something you are bringing into unnecessary spotlight and attention."

:crylaughin:

Edited by Park Life

General consesus is that he and a few others will follow Mourinho to Inter.

General consesus is that he and a few others will follow Mourinho to Inter.

When I was in Milan last month the locals were talking as if he was already the manager. It wouldn't surprise me if Lampard and Drogba end up there. Lovely place to live etc..I have a feeling though that the Ineternazionale job isn't right for Mourinho. I would love to see him back in the PL.

Probably including half the fans...

With any luck. But how would the neo nazi fascist hooligans fit in at the San Sir...oh.

Tbf it is a fairly small minority.

There can't be that much wrong with a city where people are still smoking in nightclubs. :icon_lol:

I can't understand Chelski fans - there was on eon 5Live last night saying that Grant was useless.......... what sort of cloud cuckoo land do they live in FFS

Guest alex
Probably including half the fans...

With any luck. But how would the neo nazi fascist hooligans fit in at the San Sir...oh.

Tbf it is a fairly small minority.

Quite a big problem in Italy I'd say.

The guy was never anything more than a stop-gap until they could appoint the man they wanted. And if anyone thinks otherwise, they're deluding themselves.

Whatever happened he couldn't win. If he'd won something this year, it was Mourinho's toys he was playing with, if he fell short, he was obviously a shit manager who couldn't succeed with a bunch of top players.

Mistake Chelsea made was giving him a 4 year contract before Christmas - although it is reported they wanted him to return to the DoF role but Grant refused.

Que Sera Sera - couldn't really give a fuck tbh - how about they make it a complete pantomime and re-appoint Mourinho? :blink:

Hope it's Rijkaard, will spice things up a bit. Known to be quite moody with the press.

He probably will spit at them.

If they appointed Ronald Koeman he'd wipe his arse with a copy of The Guardian ?