Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

£12m! It's a joke, but I like it! Even the Milner fanboys at .com should be pleased with that. Just goes to show how ridiculously overrated English players are.

Yup, but it might seem cheap if we end have having a loan player from Hartlepool playing there. :lol:

So long as we are doing what seems to have been done to us. agree the fee then add on any sell on so we still get our full cost-ish.

"While the fee is a sizeable one, Newcastle's squad is already down in numbers from last season and the club have struggled to bring in new signings this summer"

there had fucking well BETTER be three good signings coming through the fucking window for fucks sake.

"While the fee is a sizeable one, Newcastle's squad is already down in numbers from last season and the club have struggled to bring in new signings this summer"

there had fucking well BETTER be three good signings coming through the fucking window for fucks sake.

Our effective squad (ignoring current injuries) stands at around 20. Not great.

No it is not great!

it's still a decrnt profit on a player that never really fulfilled his potential. he still could like, but i don't think he'll ever do it as a wide player.

he must be replaced though - that's essential. i think we needed three players. now we need four if milner goes.

depressing, despite doing well in our last 3 games

aye. a few injuries and it isn't looking too clever is it

it's still a decrnt profit on a player that never really fulfilled his potential. he still could like, but i don't think he'll ever do it as a wide player.

he must be replaced though - that's essential. i think we needed three players. now we need four if milner goes.

It's ok, we've still got Shola as cover.

:lol: Oh god i forgot bout him

thank christ. i'll sleep easy tonight

Well, last summer you were saying you were happy with him being 3rd or 4th choice striker. Glad you've wised-up though.

I DOUBLY won't FFS

Kashley better sort this out.

aye. a few injuries and it isn't looking too clever is it

If you consider how many we've regularly had out due to injury at one time over the years (and even how many we have now + Barton's suspension), it's terrifying. :lol:

When Keegan left we had double the number of senior professionals on the books (which admittedly was far to far the other way, especially quality-wise).

Ideally Milner should be replaced with a better player, but I think there are other positions where the lack in depth is more worrying. N'Zogbia and Jonas would be my first choice wingers anyway with the likes of Duff, Geremi and Lua Lua at least providing some sort of backup options.

Well, last summer you were saying you were happy with him being 3rd or 4th choice striker. Glad you've wised-up though.

i was but he's hardly played or scored a goal since then so i wouldn't lose any sleep if he were replaced. at the time i was saying that he was as good a 4th choice striker as alan smith, so why splash out that much on smudger? people here were saying smith was a good buy - you included. i knew from day dot that he was no better than shola. shola's still no worse than alan smith mind. i'd get rid of both of them if we could. shola's had enough chances now for me and smith was obvioulsy never good enough

i was but he's hardly played or scored a goal since then so i wouldn't lose any sleep if he were replaced. at the time i was saying that he was as good a 4th choice striker as alan smith, so why splash out that much on smudger? people here were saying smith was a good buy - you included. i knew from day dot that he was no better than shola. shola's still no worse than alan smith mind. i'd get rid of both of them if we could. shola's had enough chances now for me and smith was obvioulsy never good enough

Tbf, I said Smith was good cover and expensive but better than we had as cover, i.e. Shola. Which is why I brought it up. You actually said you'd be happy with him as 3rd or 4th striker btw.

Edited by alex

Ideally Milner should be replaced with a better player, but I think there are other positions where the lack in depth is more worrying. N'Zogbia and Jonas would be my first choice wingers anyway with the likes of Duff, Geremi and Lua Lua at least providing some sort of backup options.

Midfield we do have sorta some numbers ( i guess 5 isnt alot ) but i think mainly its quality. lualua is unproven and lacks experience where n'zogbia has been unconvincing of late. duff has been performing well of late but he is very injury prone.