Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Threads been locked, after my influx.

lazyman's link?

Talking about the villa thread on Milner. Not even a link to a new one.

Edited by Attain

Threads been locked, after my influx.

Did you upset them with the 'regards' thing?

No I just stated how their micky mouse club wasn't light years away from us.

You sure put them in their place.

From glory glory

"James Milner is an excellent player.

Probably the best at Newcastle. I predict a severe demise up there if Milner " :)

Edited by Attain

I know he's handed in the written transfer request, but does that mean that he is definately going? If Keegan doesn't want him to leave, then it shouldn't happen. If he is forced into it, or has no say, then why did they bother getting him back in?

Bit disappointing of Milner, but as people have said, we did mess him about before, and to be fair, he didn't kick off about that.

My worry is the Keegler doesn't want him to go. Especially with injuries and his versatility.

He's a replaceable player, but I'd rather we had more that 5 days to do it.

Agreed

i think thats why people here are angry like myself because he has only give us 5days to replace him.

Also, they're mentioning that there's a sell-on clause in the deal that took him here, anyone know anything about that?

Very much doubt it seeing as we had a clause in the deal to pay an extra £1.6m to Leeds after certain appearances which we will already have honoured.

Doubt even Fat Fred would have been stupid enough to allow a player to be brought in on a deal like that with a sell on clause on top of that...

lol trying to get Villa fans all riled up are you?

In fairness I've never really had a problem with Newcastle and I hope they do well this season. I much prefer them to Sunderland, and despite Sunderland making massive strides for a club so recently down in the championship I still think it will be a few seasons before they are close to their biggest rivals.

It's a bit shit Milner has left it so late to hand in a request, but you never know what's been going on behind the scenes or if it's even Villa that he is interested in.

I rate Milner quite highly as does my Newcastle housemate, and if he does decide to come to Villa then i'll be a very happy man, especially as we are looking for someone young and versatile down that right flank. It's what we are missing greatly, as soon as teams close down young on the left sometimes we seem stuck for options.

Anyway as I say, all the best for the season ahead, and well I have to take the bait, with Villa the 3rd highest premiership scorers last season and with there not being a single 0-0 scoreline in over 38 games, I think we are far from boring! For either set of fans!

UTV

Edited by Cubos

From the Villa forum:

btw, an ITK on RAWK is now posting that he's definitely going to Liverpool following a breakdown in the Riera deal.

says that the Liverpool board wouldn't go above 7.5 for Riera, but are prepared to for Milner.

Rafa has tracked him for ages and the board see lots of potential in the deal, not least from a business perspective considering his age. 9m deal announced tonight, apparently.

Please let it be :P

How to completely piss that Irish tosser of a manager off completely if Liverpool sign him instead of going for Barry :)

I know he's handed in the written transfer request, but does that mean that he is definately going? If Keegan doesn't want him to leave, then it shouldn't happen. If he is forced into it, or has no say, then why did they bother getting him back in?

Bit disappointing of Milner, but as people have said, we did mess him about before, and to be fair, he didn't kick off about that.

He has to go now after the abuse he's had on here like :)