Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

The hierarchy at the club don't deserve to avoid relegation. I don't want to see them appoint a replacement and benefit from a successful relegation battle. I want them to have to pay for their consistent mistakes. If that means relegation, bring it on.

The hierarchy at the club don't deserve to avoid relegation. I don't want to see them appoint a replacement and benefit from a successful relegation battle. I want them to have to pay for their consistent mistakes. If that means relegation, bring it on.

You think that will change anything for them?

I think the only people that will suffer from relegation is the fans, again.

And yes, I think it changes things considerably for Ashley if we are out of the PL.

Will it? Won't he continue to run the club as he has traditionally? He's more likely to revert to the penny pinching approach and continue to employ the wrong people, isn't he?

Will it? Won't he continue to run the club as he has traditionally? He's more likely to revert to the penny pinching approach and continue to employ the wrong people, isn't he?

Revert? When has he moved away from it? We've got Charnley calling the shots at the top ffs. He's not fit to run a call centre.

As for whether it will affect Ashley, yes it will. Sports Direct dropped out of the FTSE 100 yesterday, and if they lose their global advertising vehicle the value of the business may fall further.

I'm not suggesting this will result in a change in his approach to NUFC - anyone who still thinks he's going to change at this stage is a fucking idiot. I'm just saying that it will affect him negatively, and so I welcome it.

Other than a status thing, what does any fan actually benefit from us being in the Premier League anyway? There is zero enjoyment to be derived from following this club so what difference does it make what league they're in?

Revert? When has he moved away from it? We've got Charnley calling the shots at the top ffs. He's not fit to run a call centre.

As for whether it will affect Ashley, yes it will. Sports Direct dropped out of the FTSE 100 yesterday, and if they lose their global advertising vehicle the value of the business may fall further.

I'm not suggesting this will result in a change in his approach to NUFC - anyone who still thinks he's going to change at this stage is a fucking idiot. I'm just saying that it will affect him negatively, and so I welcome it.

Other than a status thing, what does any fan actually benefit from us being in the Premier League anyway? There is zero enjoyment to be derived from following this club so what difference does it make what league they're in?

But the status thing is a big part of supporting a club. If you fall below where conventional wisdom would have you, you're failing in the eyes of the world, aren't you? Also, going toe-to-toe with the big boys consistently is enjoyable. I agree under Ashley we've rolled over for them more often than not, but competing with Arsenal for 90 minutes is a lot more satisfying than competing with Altrincham.

It barely even pains me now, which (as I've mentioned before) is the owner's biggest crime I think. I could barely decide if I was more pleased that results went Leicester's way tbh.

We can't even stand toe to toe with Stoke City man. We're barely an also-ran. Anyone still deriving pleasure from this club has got something the matter with them.

Defeats don't hurt as much as they used to. I feel like I've been battered into submission but I still enjoy the rare good performance, despite the fat cunt's best efforts.

I've heard there's a big meeting at the club today. Fully expect the outcome to be McClaren being told we need to win on Saturday to keep his job. Which we probably will but then lose to Leicester and not beat the mackems and be back to square one but three games further down the line and less likely to get anyone else in by then.

I've heard there's a big meeting at the club today. Fully expect the outcome to be McClaren being told we need to win on Saturday to keep his job. Which we probably will but then lose to Leicester and not beat the mackems and be back to square one but three games further down the line and less likely to get anyone else in by then.

Where you heard this?

Heard it in a roundabout way from one of the players. Not saying it's 100% true but it makes sense.

Are you Lee Ryder?

I expect there to be plenty of meetings in the coming weeks as the stark reality of relegation kicks in. They told the Fans Forum meeting they had no contingency plans in place for relegation.

Why would they? They sack the manager without having done any work to identify a replacement. Charnley is stealing a living and seems to lack even basic common sense or an ability to learn from past mistakes.

Why would they? They sack the manager without having done any work to identify a replacement. Charnley is stealing a living and seems to lack even basic common sense or an ability to learn from past mistakes.

He will take us down and be with us next season 100%

I hope Shelvey, Townsend et al have relegation clauses in their contracts.