Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

You could have used that post, albeit with different players, at any point in the last 4 years and it would have fit.

Ashley's doing the club no favours, he's helping his cronies and leeching this club to death. yes it was good what he did straight after buying , but that was just to stabilise us financially and have a platform to build his business brands on. Which he has done magnificently , its selling lots of his brands.

Cronies? He gets free advertising for SD but he doesn't even take a salary from the club.

The salary that the Halls/Shephards took was horrific

He's made many, many mistakes but he isn't leeching the club

OMG people defending Ashley. I'm shocked, seriously I am.

Cronies means his mates GPirlo, he's defo doing that, they've got salaries - I didn't know that Ashley didn't take a salary and find it hard to believe tbh. He gets free advertising for SD - has stolen the retail arm - do you have any idea how much this is worth if it was a salary? I'd rather the fucker took a salary!

Hughton was a fuckin lucky appointment. Good bloke, good coach, got the defence organised and got on with influential personalities in the side, exactly what we needed at the time. But there's no chance they identified all those qualities at the time. Pure luck.

Scoobos I admire your loyalty to mclaren but, as someone who has been sticking up for him longer than most, I have to admit he is tanking now. That said, wouldn't be that surprised to see us beat Bournemouth convincingly tomorrow a la west ham.

Unpopular opinion here but I don't necessarily want Ashley out

People will disagree but he bought this football club to make it successful, yes he wanted to promote sports direct but to a certain extent I don't mind that

Ashley has consistently put his money into the wrong people and that's we are where we are in the league.

If Ashley brought in a top manager (Moyes for example) let him have full control over transfers then I wouldn't have a problem with Ashley at all.

The problem is that he doesn't trust the manager, but has a ridiculous amount of trust in Charnley and Carr.

Fuck me. :lol:

He does have trust in Charnley. He trusts Charnley to DO AS HE'S FUCKING TELT. Charnley is a fucking gimp, man. He has a parameter set by Ashley and knows he's out of the best scenario he'll ever have if he goes out of it. He also knows he's the scapegoat if we go down along with McClaren.

Ashley is the root cause of every problem at the club. If you don't see that by this stage, it's a wonder you can get dressed in the morning. It does make you wonder whether the ground is filled each week with people of the same opinion though.

Your right Gem Ashley is the problem, even if he sacked McClaren tomorrow it won't make any difference Ashley would still be there his replacement would be somebody similar a yes man. The 2 people who imho were the right fit were either sacked (Hughton) or undermined (Keegan) again the same 2 guys weren't yes men. But I'm fairly certain we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now had either of those 2 still been in charge. I've never wanted McClaren as manager it looks like the fans are turning against McClaren & Ashley will be laughing his dick off. Because like Pardew& Carver, McClaren will be the main target for abuse not him.

I'm pretty sure, at least, that Ashley won't be amused by our current plight. It's potentially going to cost him a lot of money.

Also, I reckon Ashley, in his own mind, believes he's trying to make us a success. The thing is, he's an incredibly poor judge of character/ability. I mean, a few months ago he handed his dipshit son in law/daughter's boyfriend something like £250m to build up a property portfolio; he's had Charnley running the club for ages, and actually thought rehiring Kinnear would be a good idea.

He's one of those people who got to the top, I would argue, almost accidentally. Because it sure as shit can't have been based on good judgement.

I never realised we've had 10 managers in just under the 9 years Ashley bought the club (May 2007). Out of those 9 years Pardew was in charge for 4 years so that makes it 9 managers in less then 5 years. I'm all for change but it hardly breeds stability, anyway based on those figures it looks like McClaren's time has come.

I'm pretty sure, at least, that Ashley won't be amused by our current plight. It's potentially going to cost him a lot of money.

Also, I reckon Ashley, in his own mind, believes he's trying to make us a success. The thing is, he's an incredibly poor judge of character/ability. I mean, a few months ago he handed his dipshit son in law/daughter's boyfriend something like £250m to build up a property portfolio; he's had Charnley running the club for ages, and actually thought rehiring Kinnear would be a good idea.

He's one of those people who got to the top, I would argue, almost accidentally. Because it sure as shit can't have been based on good judgement.

That's almost what I tried to say, but I worded it all wrong (and looked a bit of a twat!) I do believe that Ashley wants this football club to be successful and I don't believe just for financial reasons

Ashley is the root cause of every problem at the club. If you don't see that by this stage, it's a wonder you can get dressed in the morning. It does make you wonder whether the ground is filled each week with people of the same opinion though.

Fucking divvies getting offended by people outside the gallowgate protesting last season. Enjoy your second Ashley relegation. :good: