Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Rubbish. People can't have it both ways (except me).

Either Pardew and the carver were atrocious or they weren't. If you believe the current coaching set up is much better, then it follows they would have faired much better had they been there last year.

Last season, even under Carvers bit, featured the most consecutive run of losses in our history.

Completely daft to think the new lot at the very least wouldn't have managed a couple of extra wins and draws.

I think we'd have done better with better coaches but nine points is a hell of a difference. It's not a couple of extra wins and draws when you analyse it. Can barely be arsed to explain it to you and every fucker else will get it any way. Unless you're stupid enough to think you just turn 3 defeats into wins and Bob's your uncle. Which obviously applies to you :lol: What a fucking cretin. Calling other people stupid as well :lol:

I think we'd have done better with better coaches but nine points is a hell of a difference. It's not a couple of extra wins and draws when you analyse it. Can barely be arsed to explain it to you and every fucker else will get it any way. Unless you're stupid enough to think you just turn 3 defeats into wins and Bob's your uncle. Which obviously applies to you :lol: What a fucking cretin. Calling other people stupid as well :lol:

As usual you are trying to be too clever over a bog standard point.

You would have a case if you were comparing like for like to a similar season where all things are equal, but we're not.

We're talking about a good coaching set up achieving a better performance than a terrible coaching set up did.

:lol: it blatantly is like.

If you think they're better coaches, it unequivocally follows that results would have been better.

It doesn't even mean that performances would have necessarily been better.

Edited by The Fish

:lol: it blatantly is like.

If you think they're better coaches, it unequivocally follows that results would have been better.

What if we sell Sissoko and Cisse and then replace them with inferior players? What if Lord Lucan rides Shergar onto the centre circle and lets it have a shit? It's not logic because you're just making a prediction based on the three articles you've read about Ian Cathro.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Given that management are part of the formula that decides results, a better management team with the same squad will result in more points.

That's logical like, is CT saying any more than that?

If Cathro turns out to be Cath shit, or the squad is weakened, that is a different statement.

And I'm not confident about next season, but reckon mid table is likely after not quite getting enough players, with enough quality, in the right positions, as usual.

Given that management are part of the formula that decides results, a better management team with the same squad will result in more points.

If Cathro turns out to be Cath shit, or the squad is weakened, that is a different statement.

And I'm not confident about next season, but reckon mid table is likely after not quite getting enough players, with enough quality, in the right positions, as usual.

Assuming that we've made our once attractive star players now look like shit so no other teams would want them, yeah I agree.. Same team with better coaches = more points. The players havent got any older since last year though have they? Or hate the club even more than this time last year? Hmm perhaps its not a case of having the same team then. We need new blood with naive optimistism and excitement about playing for this once proud club again, then we may see things turn around againd.

:|

CT is stating as fact that our new coaches are definitely a big improvement on last season based upon, as AH points out, three articles on Cathro. He's also then stating as fact that these better coaches would easily have brought us at least 9 more points last season.

Supposing that they are better it's logical to assume they would get more out of the players. It's not logical to assume that would easily traslate to 9 additional points with the same set of useless injured players we had.

As always he's being ridiculously optimistic based on very little actual knowledge. That's the problem with what he's saying.

Assuming that we've made our once attractive star players now look like shit so no other teams would want them, yeah I agree.. Same team with better coaches = more points. The players havent got any older since last year though have they? Or hate the club even more than this time last year? Hmm perhaps its not a case of having the same team then. We need new blood with naive optimistism and excitement about playing for this once proud club again, then we may see things turn around againd.

:|

If the players have not got any older since last year they are defying the laws of nature.

CT is stating as fact that our new coaches are definitely a big improvement on last season based upon, as AH points out, three articles on Cathro. He's also then stating as fact that these better coaches would easily have brought us at least 9 more points last season.

Supposing that they are better it's logical to assume they would get more out of the players. It's not logical to assume that would easily traslate to 9 additional points with the same set of useless injured players we had.

As always he's being ridiculously optimistic based on very little actual knowledge. That's the problem with what he's saying.

Aye. He could've just read the thread like ;)

Is there anyone who doesn't think they are a big improvement?

And an extra 9 points in what was a disaster of a season is by no means a big deal.

You yourself think they are better coaches so you must also agree we would have played better, been fitter and more tactically aware.

Six points we would probably had just off the Mackems.

Is there anyone who doesn't think they are a big improvement?

I asked on Twitter why everyone was so happy with them, what their major achievements were. The responses were unanimous that their best feature was only that they were not Carver or Stone.

Hardly bodes well and suggests more of a "lets wait and see" point of view, rather than a "BIG" improvement.

I asked on Twitter why everyone was so happy with them, what their major achievements were. The responses were unanimous that their best feature was only that they were not Carver or Stone.

Hardly bodes well and suggests more of a "lets wait and see" point of view, rather than a "BIG" improvement.

That's Twitter for you.

Naturally we have to wait and see, but most people seem positive to the back room set up whether that's fans or media.

That's Twitter for you.

Naturally we have to wait and see, but most people seem positive to the back room set up whether that's fans or media.

You tell me then. What are their achievements that set them apart?

You tell me then. What are their achievements that set them apart?

Why try and be clever :lol:

I think McClaren is a decent coached based manager that will train the team properly and put out teams that have a fighting spirit.

Other than him I'm the same boat as most Newcastle fans in that I know little of them other than what I've read or listened to via the media.

Cathro has glowing praise from all quarters as does Steve Black. Add the other two chaps and it looks like a very healthy back room set up.