Coventry 2 - 3 NEWCASTLE FT

ohhh_yeah

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really good post match comments there. Had me chuckling a few times. The Keeganator just gives me a warm feeling inside, much like SBR did when he was talking football. Long may it continue

Very true.

I fucking love having him back. :nufc::P

:)

Best I've seen Milner play tonight I think.

Cracking game although my arse was starting to nip a bit. Charlie looked good and Enrique bar a couple of mistakes looked solid enough, Coolocini, what more can I say.

That was probably the hemorrhoids.

Guest Stevie

2-3 it should've been 0-9 at half time. I was stunned at our domination after the first 15 minutes, if Coventry were a dog at the PDSA they'd have been put down such was our total dominance, then from 2 mistake from Guthrie and Bassong they score, I couldn't believe it. Second half we put the breaks on, and again we're caught out, but we got there in the end. We played well, but I think we have to remember this team are a wank CCC side, I'm going to look in to their relegation odds tomorrow.

Milner is a rough diamond, I can't believe some want to take Villa's money, he'll be a great player for us for a lot of years, attitudes first class and he has the tools to be a top player. I think Bassong reminds me of Distin when he first came, good enough defender on the whole, but you don't want him with the ball at his feet very often. Anyway bring on the mackems in the next round.

Guest Stevie
i hope nottingham forest beats them tomorrow...

Nah I love playing them, we have a gypsy curse playing against them I think, we could have the British paralympic team in black and white against Argentina in red and white and we'd still win. Bring on Sunderland. Tell me any proper derby rivals who haven't won at home to their enemy in 28 years.

Guthrie looks like he is going to be a very shrewd signing, he is a very tidy looking player, minimal fuss, decent passer. Bassong looks like another who could be a very good player. Spiderman and Coloccini look like two players who have been in the side and league for years, two great signings right there.

I'm sure Smith felt insulted (if fit, not sure?) that KK went with 2 wingers up front ahead of him :)

i hope nottingham forest beats them tomorrow...

Nah I love playing them, we have a gypsy curse playing against them I think, we could have the British paralympic team in black and white against Argentina in red and white and we'd still win. Bring on Sunderland. Tell me any proper derby rivals who haven't won at home to their enemy in 28 years.

argument excepted...

Stevie, spot on about Milner, my sentiments about the lad echo yours. If he was plying his trade elsewhere than Newcastle, im sure if he was mentioned as a target, there would be a lot of people wanting us to sign him. He does have the tools to make a very good PL player.

Im very impressed with all the signings of this summer so far, and hope that our eye for a good player is reflected in our next few signings before the window closes. Maybe Keegan can get an extra 10% out of players with the way that he goes about things. Bassong obviously wasnt great in France as he was a bit part player and went for little money. He does seem to be pretty good at picking the ball of attackers though and doesnt seem to panic.

Stevie, spot on about Milner, my sentiments about the lad echo yours. If he was plying his trade elsewhere than Newcastle, im sure if he was mentioned as a target, there would be a lot of people wanting us to sign him. He does have the tools to make a very good PL player.

Im very impressed with all the signings of this summer so far, and hope that our eye for a good player is reflected in our next few signings before the window closes. Maybe Keegan can get an extra 10% out of players with the way that he goes about things. Bassong obviously wasnt great in France as he was a bit part player and went for little money. He does seem to be pretty good at picking the ball of attackers though and doesnt seem to panic.

He played far better tonight than he has for a while, much like he does for the U-21s, which is also against inferior opposition. He's not a winger though as he's awful out wide. He had nowhere near the same impact when he moved back there tonight.

He played far better tonight than he has for a while, much like he does for the U-21s, which is also against inferior opposition. He's not a winger though as he's awful out wide. He had nowhere near the same impact when he moved back there tonight.

He doesn't look like a winger to me. He looks like a central attacking midfielder. He was central tonight and put in the sort of performance we'd be pleased with from anyone there. I'm hoping he gets played there more often as he is wasted out wide and we have better wingers anyway.

aye, behind the forwards seems to be his best postion, the only problem is he'll only score 8-10 goals if he plays there an entire season, and we have better options.

Guthrie looks like he's a season or 2 away from being a very good player. he gets caught on the ball quite often, and there are a few too many missplaced passes, but after a couple of seasons of top flight football i think he could be a really good player

just got back from match. amazin game. best passing football ive seen us play in a long time. we were that good we were never going to lose and i didnt mind that last min goal as i was confident we would still win. only time they ever looked like scoring was when we were 3-2 up.

Good result and decent performance in the end. We had some very nice spells of passing and by the end we just held onto the ball and saw the game out. It's nice to see now that we don't always really need a big guy up front because we can play the ball through midfield rather than just humping up long balls to dwarves. We do need someone who can hold onto the ball and bring players in around him though.

Coloccini continues to impress, always looking calm and assured in a way that I've only ever seen Woodgate looking previously in a black and white shirt.

Bassong shows a lot of promise and Milner showed why he would be more usefull playing away from the wing.

All in all I'm extremely happy with the start we've made and the start our new signings have made too. If we can bring 2 or 3 more in like them this week (although this is looking increasingly unlikely due to the time constraints) I think we will have the makings of a squad that can challenge Villa, Portsmouth, Everton, Citeh and Spurs (if they sign a striker or two) for a wafa spot.

Milner had a good game but i'd still happily sell him for 6m+

He's still in that no man's land... always class for the U21s or against Championship sides, we rarely see the Milner we saw tonight against Prem teams sadly.

Pretty much like Duff in preseason, it's one thing to do it against less skillful and quick defenders but in the PL it's a different story altogether.

Stevie, I think it was Beye who fluffed his clearance for Morrisons goal, not Bassong.

A few points :

Collocini is a fucking class act. Beaten for the header, but I think it would be harsh to blame him for that. Great leap/header from that lad. Collo ran the show from the back. So calm, as he's such an intelligent reader of the game.

Bassong has a shit load of potential. Looked good last night.

Beye. Fluffed the clearance for their opener. Doesn't look himself at the minute. Hopefully it's just the lack of pre-season games or something.

Enrique looked rusty, but I thought was excellent. Made up for any error he made, and that ball for Owen was unreal. Seems in better physical shape too.

N'Zogbia must play in midfield for us. Him and Jonas are so comfortable on the ball, and want to make things happen. Haven't had that since Dyer. He makes some odd choices and his corners/crossing can be muck, but needs to start ahead of Duff imo. He was kicked all over the place last night too, and he just kept getting up and on with it.

Guthrie tidy again. Seems to have a good strike on him too. Glad him and Butt are getting a run of games together.

Jonas. Brilliant. Keegan has signed 3 gems.

Butt was clever in the middle too.

Owen was excellent. If he had started the game, we'd have been about 6 goals up at half time. Does anyone else shit themselves when he gets a bump or tackled? I was so sure he would score when he went 1 on 1 it reminded me of Shearer. Looks very physically strong too.

Geremi's short passing was off and he looked knackered after a few minutes.

Shay was top class again. Lovely save low to his near post.

Milner did well. Should have scored 2 more goals. The lack of pace is killing him on the wings, he did well though. Brilliant work-rate again.

Thought the lads played well last night with the exception of Geremi. IF we would have had Owen on from the start I`m pretty sure we would have gone in 3 or 4 up based on what we were creating

Milner had a very good game, the best in a long time although it was against a championship side

Jonas was class again, what an attitude that guy has , he never gives up and runs his socks off

Colo looked good again apart from not winning the header for their second goal

Zog has staked a claim for the left mid position and I thought Enrique did pretty well but did make some errors, great ball for Owen tho`

Lookin forward to the Arse game on Sat and hoping that we have Owen signed up and a few new faces in the door by then

:):P:nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc:

Guthrie looks like he is going to be a very shrewd signing, he is a very tidy looking player, minimal fuss, decent passer. Bassong looks like another who could be a very good player. Spiderman and Coloccini look like two players who have been in the side and league for years, two great signings right there.

I'm sure Smith felt insulted (if fit, not sure?) that KK went with 2 wingers up front ahead of him :)

Hopefully the on - off exit is back on. :P

Great game, we could of had a hatfull in the first half, dread to think what the score would of been if Owen and Oba were on, great to see some fluent passing football as well, none of your fat sams lump it up the field tripe, long may it continue.

Collocini is a fucking class act. Beaten for the header, but I think it would be harsh to blame him for that. Great leap/header from that lad. Collo ran the show from the back. So calm, as he's such an intelligent reader of the game.

I think there was a bit of perhaps not expecting quite a ball like that too, I don't think he'd get caught like that twice.

Owen was excellent. If he had started the game, we'd have been about 6 goals up at half time. Does anyone else shit themselves when he gets a bump or tackled? I was so sure he would score when he went 1 on 1 it reminded me of Shearer. Looks very physically strong too.

He looks like he's put on a lot of upper body muscle in the last two seasons, just hope he's still got some around the legs too.

Was a hard game to watch near the end, we dominated but suffered because no natural strikers til Owen came on.

Quite honestly if we had our first choice strikers on it would have been a cricket score.