Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going like, I'm convinced.

As of this morning he was away, Ashley trying to get him to stay with the promise of funds and reassignment of Dennis.

I haven't a clue if the above is true but sounds ok

It's too late for fucking funds!!!

"Sources close to Newcastle have revealed that Kevin Keegan is currently having crisis talks with the board and is close to leaving the Northern club due to a lack of control, especially over transfers.

Reportedly Keegan, 56, had an argument over the future of midfielder, Joey Barton, and this was the tipping point for him. According to sources close to the club Keegan’s relationship with the board has been steadily deteriorating during the past months.

Keegan has become something of a cult hero on Tyneside; after his dramatic return in January he was branded as “The Messiah”.

Some sources have claimed that Keegan has already left the club."

If the last bit is true the delay would be trying to figure out who to put in charge.

If the last bit is true then what the hell is Keegan still doing in the meeting? I'm sure that if he had've left then the press would've spotted him.

He's going like, I'm convinced.

As of this morning he was away, Ashley trying to get him to stay with the promise of funds and reassignment of Dennis.

I haven't a clue if the above is true but sounds ok

It's too late for fucking funds!!!

thats what Keegan said!!

This is the last we heard from Keegan.

So in the short term it looks: ‘Wow, why have they done that?’ But over a period of time it might be: ‘That’s why.’ We have got to get three or four players in and I am confident we will do that. But I’ll be judged on Monday at 12 o’clock.

“Although I am really disappointed to lose James, we can make a plus out of this. We can maybe slightly go in a different direction.

"I would think we've got a very good chance of getting three or four players in. The money (from Milner's transfer) will be available to me.

"But the money was there to buy players even if we did not sell James Milner. We're looking for three or four to bring in and I think we'll get them.

"We had a great meeting on Wednesday. The owner is absolutely committed to this club.

"But Mike Ashley can only give us the finance, we have to get the right players in.

"It's now a case of getting that quality in before Monday.

:lol:

Tears will once again stream down my fat face if he leaves =(

Don't talk fucking shite lad, it's football - a panto show at its best

He's gone...

Oh no he's not...

He's gone...

Oh no he's not...

Wasn't this shit supposed to stop with the departure of Fat Freddie?

:lol:

Why the change of heart, Tom?

There is no change of heart.

It just doesn't sound like a man on his way out does it?

It sounds like a man who hasn't got what he expected in the last 24 hours and isn't pleased about it.

Can't see him going though.