Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The party aint over yet, someone will have to roll over and lay down. The Status Quo is too far gone, but who will be breaking away?

Oh, what a night but I'm giving up my worryin.

Christ I picked the wrong week to give up booze.

I'm not sighing with relief til we get something from Kev, I have a feeling we won't hear anything until tomorrow now though. I suspect the club's rethought the hasty decision to sack Kev, begged him to come back and he's said he's going to go home and discuss it with his missus before giving them an answer tomorrow.

Still shitting it like...

I've heard a rumour that Llambias sacked him and Ashley is in the process of trying to get him back.

Exactly the theory I postulated earlier.

Hope your source didn't get it from there.

:lol:

Labiahead will be oot the door then

Yeah, I'm far from convinced he's still here now let alone for the rest of the season and beyond. But Keegan's been talked out of leaving before and hopefully he can be again.

One thing that is really strange though is the timing of all of this. If Keegan has quit or had a go at the board you would have thought he would have done it earlier so there was time to save the transfer window.

I've heard a rumour that Llambias sacked him and Ashley is in the process of trying to get him back.

Exactly the theory I postulated earlier.

Hope your source didn't get it from there.

:lol:

If this does turn out to be true then the next NUFC purchase has to be a big fucking cannon with Llambias the first to check it to make sure it fits

Yeah, I'm far from convinced he's still here now let alone for the rest of the season and beyond. But Keegan's been talked out of leaving before and hopefully he can be again.

One thing that is really strange though is the timing of all of this. If Keegan has quit or had a go at the board you would have thought he would have done it earlier so there was time to save the transfer window.

Unless he was told everything was going okay on the transfers he was after up until the last minute.

Unless he was told everything was going okay on the transfers he was after up until the last minute.

We all talked over and over again about Warnock iirc and Lennon was mentioned and reg Lennon KK had quotes himself, so I believe that bit.

With Warnock the initital reported bid was 3.8 and it was clear we'd go in with a higher bid and KK must have not even been worrying about that. He's clearly been misled no doubt.

I wouldn't think he would have waited so long but you never know.

We all talked over and over again about Warnock iirc and Lennon was mentioned and reg Lennon KK had quotes himself, so I believe that bit.

With Warnock the initital reported bid was 3.8 and it was clear we'd go in with a higher bid and KK must have not even been worrying about that. He's clearly been misled no doubt.

That's how I'm seeing it, knowing what Ashley and Wise are like I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they'd promised Kev everything but didn't deliver.

Guys

I've been away for the last 3 hours, wtf? I thought Keegan had gone, I'm now hearing he may not have, someone update me? I cant wait till next weeks dream team I need a cheap knock off copy now!!

I've been in the same boat mate, by all accounts the club have issued a statement after pressure from the fans stating that they haven't actually sacked Kev and want him to stay... nothing from Kev yet though.

Guys

I've been away for the last 3 hours, wtf? I thought Keegan had gone, I'm now hearing he may not have, someone update me? I cant wait till next weeks dream team I need a cheap knock off copy now!!

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager.

That's what I feel as well. He was made promises in the transfermarket the people involved in finalising these deal couldn't hold which lead to severe fractions, especially considering Keegan's comments last Friday.