Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What interest rate do you get for having a billion quid?

If its 4%, and I reckon its more than that for the kind of wonga involved then thats £40million he makes in interest, so what hes saying is Im going to give you half my yearly interest, now love me.

If its 4%, and I reckon its more than that for the kind of wonga involved then thats £40million he makes in interest, so what hes saying is Im going to give you half my yearly interest, now love me.

:thumbup:

Bet he wishes he had a billion quid in cash.

Also you'd get a hell of a lot more than a 4% return on a billion quid.

He's not without fault in this whole situation, but I think he's being painted as more of a villian than he actually is.

Call me naive, but I more or less believe what Ashley says in his statement.

I don't have a problem with anything Ashley said. (it's a speech coached by the best PR money can buy, Max Clifford would be proud).

for me personally it's more about what he didn't say.

none of us know what really went on or what was really said, but we make our own mind up about what we beleive.

I think Kevin Kegan was hired in good faith.

he was told he was the manager free to manage.

Have the last say on who was sold and who was bought.

he may even have bought into the notion that we could be the next Arsenal is we nuture young talent and aim to be successfull in five years.

the idea of him having the Wise one bring talent to his attention also sounds feasable to me (with kev having final decision).

but I think things went awry one day in the September window because the boss was away and the kids on the board went a bit mad.

the Wise one said I'm on the board so Kev you work for me.

things escalated (everyones for sale ! no they're not ... I want you to buy Lampard etc etc...)

Ashley was away, and I beleive the board broke an agreement with keegan that he would have last say.

that's why I think he walked, he knew from that point on that if he didn't he couldn't trust anything that Ashley or the board said.

I think he did the only thing he could, Ashley and the board said one thing to him and did the opposite , he was forced out and that's constructive dismissal.

I thought Ashley would ride out the storm, but I've got to say I see his statement as a result. It's a victory thanks to all those who took part in demonstrations on Saturday and I salute you (I'm in Ireland so I can't help). I think the only way forward is without Ashley and his team ,

I can't see any decent manageer working with him so the sooner he's gone the better. I'm sure if he pays enough (a bit more that this time round) he can get someone to write a speech that he can show to his kids that not only explains why he "had" to sell NUFC but also why Kevin Keegan had to leave...

for the record. I'm not against , nurturing talent . Having realistic expectations, having talent scouts that have egos that need director of football titles etc etc... I am against telling our next manager the boundaries for his role are one thing and then changing the rules for his employment later (because the lads in the board room get excited/drunk on transfer day).

I can only hope , with fingers crossed that we get some luck (some well overdue luck) in the lottery that will be our next owner and next manager.

like ...

Steve

:thumbup:

Bet he wishes he had a billion quid in cash.

Also you'd get a hell of a lot more than a 4% return on a billion quid.

He's not without fault in this whole situation, but I think he's being painted as more of a villian than he actually is.

No matter what, his investments will bring him in well in excess of the £20million that he says he was willing to spend each year.

Tbf though if that's what he set as an acceptable amount of money that he wanted to spend on us each year that's fine. It's his money to do with whatever he wants and personally I think that it's more than a reasonable amount given what other money we should be able to generate even without selling players. But I cannot see any evidence of that money being made available this summer given that we recouped around the same amount as what we spent.

Tbf though if that's what he set as an acceptable amount of money that he wanted to spend on us each year that's fine. It's his money to do with whatever he wants and personally I think that it's more than a reasonable amount given what other money we should be able to generate even without selling players. But I cannot see any evidence of that money being made available this summer given that we recouped around the same amount as what we spent.

tbh though reading between the lines I think what he actually means is that he would allow £20mil from the clubs money each year to be spent on players. The thought he was going to add a further 20 each year on top would make me happy, I dont think he was though.

I think the £20m of his own money he is talking about would be used to cover opperating costs and not just to be spent on new signings

I think the best we could have achieved under Ashley, even if KK would have still been here, would have been 6th-8th, at a push,. We would have never been able to compete with the top 4 or maybe even 5 now City have their sugar daddy.

It will only be a good thing tho` if we get an Ambani or some Arab that has the serious money to sink in without expecting to see a return other than a successful side and is happy just to enjoy the club

Surely that means that Ashley should sink that 20 million straight into debt that we still have? :D

...that he's paid off. :thumbup::lol:

..And who are these players we still owe money on? Luque? Owen? There couldn't have been much on Owen cause they still owed us half the Woodgate fee when Owen went through.

He also states that the £20m would be without expectation of return - so if say Kadal or Ranger turned out to be the next Ferdinand/Robinho and went for silly money we're expected to believe he'd have no claim on it?

Fuck him.

I do not know about anyone else, but i am devestated by the turn of events, i think deep down i always knew getting back into bed with Keegan was a mistake and would always have ended in tears. And i have totaly respect of Ashley and i am really sorry to see him go as for the first time in years the club appears to be moving forward instead of spendings its way out of trouble.

The fact he has now gone and all the shouting and bawling from opposing side of the argument detract from the fact we have been shown up again to be a joke..... every phone in on talk sport has had mention of it and i am struggling to work out why we have hounded out someone who appears to be getting us on a stable route, for me it is really a sad time for the club and the worry now is how far we fall from here.

I do not know about anyone else, but i am devestated by the turn of events, i think deep down i always knew getting back into bed with Keegan was a mistake and would always have ended in tears. And i have totaly respect of Ashley and i am really sorry to see him go as for the first time in years the club appears to be moving forward instead of spendings its way out of trouble.

The fact he has now gone and all the shouting and bawling from opposing side of the argument detract from the fact we have been shown up again to be a joke..... every phone in on talk sport has had mention of it and i am struggling to work out why we have hounded out someone who appears to be getting us on a stable route, for me it is really a sad time for the club and the worry now is how far we fall from here.

What's your point?

Man who talks perpetually of stability is the one fucking your wife. Old Japanese saying.

Who else would we have got but Keegan?

People were lining up to turn us down.

Also how is being financially neutral, but without a squad to in anyway compete "moving forward"? At best it is treading water, but as everyone else is in fact "moving forward" (we've been outspent by Stoke for fucks sake), it's actually moving backwards.

Ashley had a clear choice, back Keegan or Wise, inexplicably he's choose to back Wise (twice as well, again this weekend).

To be fair, he never says he'll spend £20M a window on players.

I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more. That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back.

Coinsidering Michael Owen costs £6M a year in wages, I think he's talking about £20M just to run the club.

Of course, he makes it sound like he doesn't get millions back from TV, advertising, gate receipts, commercial and prize money.

thats how he's made his name, buy low, stabilise, sell high or merge.

we are another commodity to him, and he does not really give a monkeys.

look at the way he wrked with adidas, bought shares worth 100m sold them for equivalent of 200m in the sopace of a few weeks/ months.

i'd love to see him in something like dragons den. all the other dragons would be asking things about profit/ loss, year on year figures etc, whereas he'd go "no its ok i'll buy your club for an inflated fee, get in a good MD who has a good pr record, then start shafting you and the one member of coaching staff you all like" " oh and in another 6 months i'll have made my money back".

thats the kind of person he is. a liar.

I thought he was advised by his security?

The good thing about "advised" is that it can mean anybody. His cleaner might have said "Oooo.... I wouldn't go there this weekend, pet." and there you go.

Edited by Fop