iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

I dropped mine in the sink a while back and thought it was fucked. It wouldn't work for a week but then magically turned itself on, it wasn't 100% but I removed the camera and it's been fine every since.

Try putting it in a sealed bag of rice, it'd be useful to have as a back up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke my Iphone the other day, replaced it with a Nokia N8 when I had the option to get another Iphone. Anyone got an N8?

Just wanted something different for a change, sick of everyone having an Iphone. I am also determined not become a part of the Blackberry hype

• 3 weeks later...

If orange cant do me a deal Ill be going for

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phon...nternet/9637349

24months is too long for a phone these days. Much prefer an 18month deal with an option to upgrade after 15months.

Dual core phone (First 1.2ghz phone available)

8mp camera

1080p recording

HDMI out

4.3'' screen

NFC chip for swipe payments

16/32GB HDD

Android 2.3

Edited by J69

Had an Iphone on contract for two'ish years. It ended last August so I changed to pay and go with o2.

Basically top up £15 per month and get free calls to any o2, out of this £15, O2 take £7.50 per month for a bolt on they call text and web. This "used to mean unlimited texts and web (subject to fair usage policy).

On monday I received a text saying that I had used 450mb of web data this month which is in excess of the fair usage policy. I was warned that if I go over 500mb I would be charged web usage at their standard fee?????

Yesterday I reached 500mb and there are still 5 days to go until the meter reverts to nil.

This has never happened in my previous use of the phone either under contract or on pay and go and therefore my question is......Have o2 changed this policy or could my phone suddenly have started using more data for some reason.

I havent changed the way I use my phone which is mainly toontastic, sky news twitter. etc

Any one any ideas.

You might have your internet running 24/7, thus using your data. Apps etc.

Suppose I best ring them :icon_lol:

All the companies change their data limit recently I think. Have you downloaded any apps recently that might run in the background to use that much data?

Barney: If not, why not?!?!

You might have your internet running 24/7, thus using your data. Apps etc.

Suppose I best ring them :icon_lol:

All the companies change their data limit recently I think. Have you downloaded any apps recently that might run in the background to use that much data?

Barney: If not, why not?!?!

I don't really know.

I did a bit of reading on it and it didn't seem worth it at the time.

Worth doing now then?

Edited by Barney

Just started using Dropbox, what a great app, my iPhone was running slow due to too many pics (smut mainly) but now using Dropbox I've uploaded them and cleared out my camera roll and can access them online, it's saved me so much space on my iPhone, you 2gig free and can access your files from any PC or Mac using the free Dropbox software, you got 2gig free but extra storage requires a fee.

500mb is a massive amount of 3g data for your phone if all your doing is email and webpages etc

for example i've used 750mbs'ish since november 2010..

I've used 800mb in a month before pissing about on here at work and that.

Just started using Dropbox, what a great app, my iPhone was running slow due to too many pics (smut mainly) but now using Dropbox I've uploaded them and cleared out my camera roll and can access them online, it's saved me so much space on my iPhone, you 2gig free and can access your files from any PC or Mac using the free Dropbox software, you got 2gig free but extra storage requires a fee.

When they first started, they gave you additional storage for inviting people, I think, doing other tasks - can't recall exactly what mind, I just know I got an extra 300MB.

You can get 250MB for each friend that joins though, up to a max of 8GB.