iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on the 4S. Not to get all Android vs iphone, but the most notable changes on ios5 have been available on Androids for years.

Even the changes they've made in Safari have been available in 3rd party iphone and ipad browsers for a while.

It's like they rely on user ignorance to pass this stuff off as groundbreaking.

Strange point of view. Do you think Mercedes market their cars on the basis of being 'groundbreaking' and is this why people buy them? The debate around these things is unsurprisingly dominated by voices who represent less than 0.1% of the market, as they are the online geek reviewers. How they think and what they care about doesnt generate cash in the bank.

Siri is the innovation, all the rest of the bits and bobs are just cosmetic, minor stuff that makes use better in a small way. Siri isnt actually Apple's innovation though, it was bought in about a year ago iirc. They can run it on the 3Gs and on the 4 easily but Apple have restricted it to 4S. They do this because thats the nature of all big business. As i understand it, Siri is based on AI algorithms and is not just 'voice activation', You would be incorrect to say that Android has this.

Chez man. The point I'm making is that ios5 is absolutely nothing special. I'm not looking for a business lesson. The changes are shit and are already outdated.

I didn't say that Siri was available on Androids. However voice activation is, and no fucker uses it because taking to your phone in public makes you look like a cunt. It all looks great on an advert but in real life you'll get your face kicked in for asking Siri to cancel your appointment with your manicurist, or asking what the weather will be like in Walker this weekend

What's with all the stupid staff clapping and whooping ?!

" yeah you go buddy - :ok: get in there champ - whoo . heyaalright :first: . yeah ! "

It's a phone you fucking bellmoids .

I'd hate to be a poor sod who just wants to go in quietly and get a new pair of buds or summat today.

End up on ITN at 5pm with the whole country saying what a prick you are.

Chez man. The point I'm making is that ios5 is absolutely nothing special. I'm not looking for a business lesson. The changes are shit and are already outdated.

I didn't say that Siri was available on Androids. However voice activation is, and no fucker uses it because taking to your phone in public makes you look like a cunt. It all looks great on an advert but in real life you'll get your face kicked in for asking Siri to cancel your appointment with your manicurist, or asking what the weather will be like in Walker this weekend

Alright, dont get snippy!! You made a comment on 'relying on ignorance to pass this stuff off as groundbreaking' which i wanted to disagree with. Is that ok? :razz:

I think people said that walking around with a 9 inch iphone was going to make you look like a cunt too. I thought it might appeal to the lazy shite in you anwyway 'phone book, takeaway, pizza, ..... meat feast...bye'

Apple's completeness from a consumer perspective has little or nothing to do with innovation and everything to do with seamless integration which is why its shitting all over its rivals financially.

You're entitled to disagree. It was the peering over the glasses telling me that the Harvard Business School begs to differ approach that I was rejecting. ;)

I'm genuinely not anti apple btw. I've got an ipod touch, an ipad, and my lass uses a Macbook. I guess I just wish they were a bit more ahead of the curve with these updates. Cos unfortunately the latest was a damp squib.

When's itune matching starting btw. I've got a25g allowance that's burning a hole in my ocloud.