iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

I cannot believe the cost of running an iPhone in the USA, its insane ! me and Mrs Jimbo were looking through our bills and I was amazed we pay AT&T $180 a month for our two iPhones.

As well as your monthly tariff for your regular call usage, 1400 mins call time, we have to pay $35 a month just for the iPhone data, my wife gets unlimited data as the account holder and I get 2GB a month, we also have a $30 for unlimited texts.

that seems crazily expensive.

Jeepers!

I'm thinking it'd be a decent idea for me to pick up a fairly disposable pre-loaded mobile while I'm over there, whaddya reckon?

It might be a good idea if you think you'll be making lots of calls, you can pick up pay-as-you-go phones pretty much anywhere but you need to set up your plan online so your best bet might be to buy one at a Network store, if you will be calling home take a look at localphone.com you can assign a local number to your international contacts, you just need to load up your account with funds first, its very good, I can call England for 0.6p per minute.

Just remember to leave your Roaming Data off on your iPhone otherwise you'll have a redonkulous bill when you get back home.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the cost of running an iPhone in the USA, its insane ! me and Mrs Jimbo were looking through our bills and I was amazed we pay AT&T $180 a month for our two iPhones.

As well as your monthly tariff for your regular call usage, 1400 mins call time, we have to pay $35 a month just for the iPhone data, my wife gets unlimited data as the account holder and I get 2GB a month, we also have a $30 for unlimited texts.

that seems crazily expensive.

In 2005 the only PAYG phone I could afford in the states charged you the same for receiving texts and calls as it did to send them :icon_lol: If someone text you when your credit ran out it wouldnt let you read the message!

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at getting an iPhone in May when my contract runs out but looking at the prices they can fuck off.

Literally 50% mark up on any other phone plan plus the privilige of paying an extra £150 for the phone on top of that.

Think I'm going to hold off for a dual core or 4g phone and stick to my £20pm for unlimited texts/internet and 500mins

Ta. Liking BiteSMS, the quick reply function is class. :rolleyes:

Got an HTC set-up for my first page aswell, looks decent!

The quick reply with the persons picture on is canny. Also like the ability to set specific alerts for different people, schedule messages and the all important privacy feature! All things that Apple should have integrated from the beginning imo.

IPHONE people. When you post on here and you quote a long post that doesn't all fit in the box, is there an easy way to get to the bottom to start replying? I find myself having to press and hold and slowly scroll down with the magnifying thing on. Is this the only way?

IPHONE people. When you post on here and you quote a long post that doesn't all fit in the box, is there an easy way to get to the bottom to start replying? I find myself having to press and hold and slowly scroll down with the magnifying thing on. Is this the only way?

Think so.

Dunno actually. Haven't tried outside Safari. Will have a check. That whole magnifying thing and the ability to scroll back through words to make corrections is a bit shit though tbf.

• 3 weeks later...

Mrs Jimbo's 3GS took a trip down the toilet last night, it's totally fucked, left it in the laundry room to dry out but its knackered, just checked on AT&T.com and she's due for an upgrade from tomorrow ! result !