iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the real debate, the one that is discussed in the business pages. The online bitch fest is quite boring tbf.

If you know the address, its fine. If you dont hav e the address and just the name then google's database of places is bigger and better but that really isnt a surprise and if you believe in Google's aggressiveness (which i do) then its easy to see how you end up with a poorer service than the monopolist.

Apple strike me as more aggressive, as personified by Jobs and illustrated by their closed market approach.

Apple strike me as more aggressive, as personified by Jobs and illustrated by their closed market approach.

How analytical of you :razz:

Of course they both have to be, its not just them fighting it out. Google's aggressive monopolist behaviour is worse according to the FTC and EU regulators. No offence, but whether they strike you as different or the personality of Jobs comes over in a particular way is not exactly important to regulators. They have a monopoly on search and exploit it in anti-competitive ways to the detriment of competitors, this is fact. They also have, sorry had one on mapping on phones. This also seems to be going badly for the competitor who has pulled out of the market and gone their own way.

Edited by ChezGiven

How analytical of you :razz:

Of course they both have to be, its not just them fighting it out. Google's aggressive monopolist behaviour is worse according to the FTC and EU regulators. No offence, but whether they strike you as different or the personality of Jobs comes over in a particular way is not exactly important to regulators. They have a monopoly on search and exploit it in anti-competitive ways to the detriment of competitors, this is fact. They also have, sorry had one on mapping on phones. This also seems to be going badly for the competitor who has pulled out of the market and gone their own way.

Apple have a monopoly on their entire software ecosystem AND their hardware. I've no problem with people being happy with Apple, but they should be aware that it's no better than their competitors.

btw, isn't Bing a competitor for google maps? I use both.

Apple have a monopoly on their entire software ecosystem AND their hardware.

btw, isn't Bing a competitor for google maps? I use both.

What? :lol: Apple have a monopoly on Apple products? :lol:

Bing's market share is what then? 30-50%? No.

I don't get you. Google only supply the OS, search engine, and maps, whereas with Apple you're completely locked in to the extent they even rip you off paying for their proprietary adapters. Which model is more monopolistic?

The one with the monopoly. You dont get it by the way.

Dont believe me? Read the article about the FTC and EU regulators then. Google has a monopoly on search and mapping through databases. They exploit the search monopoly by making sure that every time you put 'android versus iphone' into their engine, their pre-determined blog strategies are on page 1 (:)). The map database monopoly is probably not being exploited to fuck the consumer but was probably to fuck a competitor. This is ok but can be a red flag since fucking competitors always comes before fucking the consumer.

Loving my iphone 5 :)

Have a few seasons of various stuff loaded up and various podcasts. Work getting in the way a bit but hey ho.

Just worried I might be getting a reputation having been spotted several times in laybyes, sniggering into my iphone.

NHS has just offered me an iphone 5 for £25pm over 24 months. I would need a £10 giff gaff sim on top.

+ no contract, unlimited net

-more expensive

The other choice is to upgrade my current phone to a Galaxy 3 or Galaxy Note II for around £27pm

+cheaper, I like bigger phones

-stuck on a contract, onlg 1GB net

Not sure what to do! Lifes obviously going ok when this is your biggest problem!

NHS has just offered me an iphone 5 for £25pm over 24 months. I would need a £10 giff gaff sim on top.

+ no contract, unlimited net

-more expensive

The other choice is to upgrade my current phone to a Galaxy 3 or Galaxy Note II for around £27pm

+cheaper, I like bigger phones

-stuck on a contract, onlg 1GB net

Not sure what to do! Lifes obviously going ok when this is your biggest problem!

Which NHS are you working for like??

Loving my iphone 5 :)

Have a few seasons of various stuff loaded up and various podcasts. Work getting in the way a bit but hey ho.

Just worried I might be getting a reputation having been spotted several times in laybyes, sniggering into my iphone.

But you only have previous iPhones as a comparison, right?

NTW.

You can get bloody allsorts at the minute, iPhones, iPads, iMacs, Bikes, Cars all on monthly deductions from your wages

Actually we've got the car lease scheme but none of the other stuff :(

I see Google's revenues starting to slip. Obviously the big fuss was over the mis-timed announcement and the massive slide in market cap but the point which is badly hidden amongst this is that even though internet use continues to rocket, google ads revenue isnt. Because everyone now uses their mobile, or tablet and apps to view content, the Google model is being pressured.

I see Google's revenues starting to slip. Obviously the big fuss was over the mis-timed announcement and the massive slide in market cap but the point which is badly hidden amongst this is that even though internet use continues to rocket, google ads revenue isnt. Because everyone now uses their mobile, or tablet and apps to view content, the Google model is being pressured.

Revenue was up 45% year on year.