How bad will it actually get?

Chaser

So theres a queue of players looking to get out, we have a manager who clearly isnt good enough/cant attract players, we have an owner who doesnt give a flying fuck about us and a chairman who doesnt talk to us.

We have 28 days to potentially save our season by getting people in, or 28 days to condemn us to a relegation battle and a serious threat of going into the Championship. We havent got any stability at any level at the club and I honestly wouldnt begrudge any player who wanted to leave. Lets face it, if we werent Newcastle fans, would we genuinely want to stay on a sinking ship or leave if the opportunity arose?

Kinnear has already come out with the quotes that we've heard all too many times before about it being hard to attract players/compete in market etc. Its plain to see that he's simply a mouthpiece for the management and has little control over what will genuinely happen at the club.

Ashley has obviously weathered the storm against him and the apathy against his ownership seems to be going in his favour. In the current financial climate, it seems impossible that we could see a change in ownership, and we have genuinely missed the boat. Wise and friends are still in their positions and obviously arent just twiddling their thumbs. What are they cooking up?

The club is definitely at a crossroads this month. I wouldnt put anything past the clubs regime and one wrong turn could seriously threaten our position in the Premiership.

At what point will we see it all bottoming out?

I think we are moderately shit but there are several clubs who are very shit so i don't think we will get relegated this season, however, as far as team progression goes i just can't see it happening and we will know we have reached the bottom when all our star players have gone and we eventually lose the annual relegation avoidance challenge which we will participate in for seasons to come

I think we are moderately shit but there are several clubs who are very shit so i don't think we will get relegated this season, however, as far as team progression goes i just can't see it happening and we will know we have reached the bottom when all our star players have gone and we eventually lose the annual relegation avoidance challenge which we will participate in for seasons to come

As it stands today I agree with you, the proof for me will be if that statement holds up come 6th February. If those "shitter" teams invest wisely then they may just turn their season round. If we do the opposite (which I think is a distinct possibility) then we could be fooked.

The bottom line is we no longer have an owner who has desire to be a "big club"

Freddie for all his faults was at least ambitious, and when he talked the talk, though at times it could be excruciating, at leaast he saw us as one of the big boys. No matter what happens over the next few weeks our era of trying to challenge at the top level are over, the days of attracting true top players are over, and the days of being a couple of decent signings from being a great team are over.

The best we can hope for is to stabilise as a mediocre mid table side, who have the odd good run in the cup and sometimes threatens UEFA place.

If that happens Ashley will be laughing, as he trousers a steady stream of cash from selling on players and tv/internet money.

I almost hope we go down. At least that would cause the cunt some financial pain

As it stands today I agree with you, the proof for me will be if that statement holds up come 6th February. If those "shitter" teams invest wisely then they may just turn their season round. If we do the opposite (which I think is a distinct possibility) then we could be fooked.

Agree with both of these. I hate having to rely on transfer window movement, but we really are. :icon_lol:

I agree, as things are now, whilst you can't rule relegation out i think there are worse sides who will finish below us and i would be relatively confident we'd be safe. But with a continued injury crisis, good players out and inferior or none in we'd be in the shit.

And as much a dick as i think Ashley is you have to hope he has some semblance of inteligence to realise he loses everything if we go down and to protect his investment for whatever he intends to do with it he has to bolster the squad.

But god knows what will happen, this is NUFC after all!

I agree, as things are now, whilst you can't rule relegation out i think there are worse sides who will finish below us and i would be relatively confident we'd be safe. But with a continued injury crisis, good players out and inferior or none in we'd be in the shit.

And as much a dick as i think Ashley is you have to hope he has some semblance of inteligence to realise he loses everything if we go down and to protect his investment for whatever he intends to do with it he has to bolster the squad.

The trouble is, I think that's all he's going to do...try and keep us up. I don't see him trying to actually get us up the table and challenging like we used to. I think he'll do the bare minimum and try and flog us again next year.

The trouble is, I think that's all he's going to do...try and keep us up. I don't see him trying to actually get us up the table and challenging like we used to. I think he'll do the bare minimum and try and flog us again next year.

exactly.

It will be like this except that we will not have players like Owen, Given, Jonas or Coloccini, or even Butt or Duff who were once stars. We will be a team full of Gutherie's and Shola's, players as average as they come. And eventually we will lose a relegation battle and fall to the level of the Leeds, Forrest, Derby etc. Team who were once great but no longer have anything to go for other than the odd promotion and then relegation dogfight that we might survive for a season if we are lucky.

As long as Billy Liar owns the club that is how bad it will get.

Is it wrong that while I don't like to see clubs go into administration, I actually hope West Ham do if for no other reason than they'll get docked points and go down? That way we can be the third shittest club in the Prem yet still survive this season.

Nice to see NUSC are on the ball organising protests and boycotts so that Ashley can't make money out of a mediocre side. Oh wait a minute...

Yeah, they should do something that forces him to sell the club. Oh wait a minute...

Have you joined up btw?

Nice to see NUSC are on the ball organising protests and boycotts so that Ashley can't make money out of a mediocre side. Oh wait a minute...

Yeah, they should do something that forces him to sell the club. Oh wait a minute...

Have you joined up btw?

No they have done nothing that would make me willing to part with £10 and I didnt mention selling the club I said protesting and boycotting so he doesnt make money out of a mediocre club you arsehole.

Have you joined up btw?

No they have done nothing that would make me willing to part with £10 and I didnt mention selling the club I said protesting and boycotting so he doesnt make money out of a mediocre club you arsehole.

OOooooooo :icon_lol:

Have you joined up btw?

:( As I suspected you fucking thick twat. Not willing to part with £10 but you expect them to do your bidding anyway. Stick to telling jokes Mr. Comedian, that's what you're best at. Oh wait a minute....

Edited by Gemmill

Is it wrong that while I don't like to see clubs go into administration, I actually hope West Ham do if for no other reason than they'll get docked points and go down? That way we can be the third shittest club in the Prem yet still survive this season.

during all the crap from this week, NUSC has storys up about stewards and bloody Q & A's about things that have been asked a thousand times and we all know the answer too.

no i havent signed up nor given any reason to as of late .

Edited by Hadrian

during all the crap from this week, NUSC has storys up about stewards and bloody Q & A's about things that have been asked a thousand times and we all know the answer too.

You say that like its some sort of clever statement. "Oooh look at me Im all alternative, I refuse to tell you where I think you're going wrong."

You see the likes of you and KCG's want it all, want a supporters club that doesnt make statements when you think things arent too bad (even though we have been warning it would come to this). Dont want boycotts of goods or services when you think its not needed but when things go even further tits up suddenly you want to shout about the fact those things arent being done.

Oh but you dont want to join up to help work towards that difference and you dont even want to answer the question about why you didnt sign up after you'd shown initial interest but you do want us to fix those reasons why before you'd even contemplate it. :(

For the record I have absolutely zero problem with anyone who doesnt want to join the NUSC. What I do have a problem with is those that chop and change their stance when the weather suits them but will always refuse to do anything about it themselves. Those such as you two who want somebody else to do the work and others to finance it but want to moan when they dont do what you think they should be doing.

Im interested to know what these Q&As are you refer to though.

You say that like its some sort of clever statement. "Oooh look at me Im all alternative, I refuse to tell you where I think you're going wrong."

You see the likes of you and KCG's want it all, want a supporters club that doesnt make statements when you think things arent too bad (even though we have been warning it would come to this). Dont want boycotts of goods or services when you think its not needed but when things go even further tits up suddenly you want to shout about the fact those things arent being done.

Oh but you dont want to join up to help work towards that difference and you dont even want to answer the question about why you didnt sign up after you'd shown initial interest but you do want us to fix those reasons why before you'd even contemplate it. :(

For the record I have absolutely zero problem with anyone who doesnt want to join the NUSC. What I do have a problem with is those that chop and change their stance when the weather suits them but will always refuse to do anything about it themselves. Those such as you two who want somebody else to do the work and others to finance it but want to moan when they dont do what you think they should be doing.

im afriad you have me confused, if im to support an organisation of the club with the fans interests at heart , i want them pushing the club every bloody step of the way, my stance is your the voice of people who have no say in the club but deserve one , pussy footing around sitting on the fence because of a few 'random joes' with stockhom syndrome are moaning shouldnt stop nusc fighting for this club .

thats why i loved keegan (not a worshiper of the dude , just respect him ) he pushed the chairman every step of the way cos he was a true fan .

EDIT, my bad didnt mean q and a's , just the email inbox you posted from fans opinions that can be read on every toon website forum the world over

dont wanna be bitchy here , i love the club like you all, its our club , we need to show them that , not the anti pastie crap either (nt sayting that was nusc)

Edited by Hadrian

im afriad you have me confused, if im to support an organisation of the club with the fans interests at heart , i want them pushing the club every bloody step of the way, my stance is your the voice of people who have no say in the club but deserve one , pussy footing around sitting on the fence because of a few 'random joes' with stockhom syndrome are moaning shouldnt stop nusc fighting for this club .

thats why i loved keegan (not a worshiper of the dude , just respect him ) he pushed the chairman every step of the way cos he was a true fan .

You are obviously a deluded character then, I have every respect for KK but to make him out to be this saint who did everything for his love of the club! did he bollocks, KK took this job because he wanted the money, fair play to him I have no problem with that. He then left the job when he felt he wasnt being backed, fair play again thats his decision.

Keegan however is not a true fan, when have you seen him sitting in the stands watching one of our games? I cant remember a single instance when he came here. He didnt even bother to watch us on telly over the last four years.

Say what you like about the NUSC, say what you want about the rest of us fans but dont ever spout that kind of shit by saying KK is a bigger fan of this club than I or anyone else thats ever stood in a freezing SJP on a Monday night in January.

you had to turn all the real problems id mentioned with nusc into a keegan thing why ? my reference to the bloke was about his first time here , i dont give a monkeys about the second time cos i dont know what went on

my point was your sitting on the fence on to many subjects , its our bloody club man , if you look like your gonna start fighting for us and not random statements , then im in .

you had to turn all the real problems id mentioned with nusc into a keegan thing why ? my reference to the bloke was about his first time here , i dont give a monkeys about the second time cos i dont know what went on

my point was your sitting on the fence on to many subjects , its our bloody club man , if you look like your gonna start fighting for us and not random statements , then im in .

You mentioned Keegan mate not me, you made out that KK was a true supporter of this club whereas those of us in the NUSC werent.

So why werent you in when we were protesting?

When we got shit thrown at us from all quarters because we were chasing Ashley and trying to force things to change? Why wasnt your name sitting on the list of members then? Because nobody can honestly say we hadnt started to do those things.

Times change, many of those that had joined up were making it clear that protest at the time was not applicable, many more of those that hadnt yet joined were saying the same. We ourselves knew that you cant force somebody to sell a £200million entity if nobody is willing to buy it. More worryingly we knew that we needed to try and get Ashley to invest in January and maybe picketing him and calling him an arsehole wasnt quite the right way to go about it. Overall though we realised that without the backing of many people we cant organise mass protests.

EDIT, my bad didnt mean q and a's , just the email inbox you posted from fans opinions that can be read on every toon website forum the world over

dont wanna be bitchy here , i love the club like you all, its our club , we need to show them that , not the anti pastie crap either (nt sayting that was nusc)

We posted that because when it happened we sent out a question to our members, rather than make assumptions on what those that were members felt about it we started to do the proper thing and ask them, their replies were then posted to show the feelings of those replying (and these replies are all of those with a comment, not just the ones that back our views). That was done rather than us writing a statement that the likes of yourself would then jump on and say "you dont know what Im thinking, you dont represent me" well these people are represented by us and therefore their views matter.

I think a few posters have firmly hit the nail on the head why to me the future appears bleak. Ashley just isn't interested in us challenging at the top. What is the point in competition when we arent looking to compete?

I've said a few times that Ashley's failure to outline any kind of target beyond "having fun" and being financially solvent is the big fuck off warning sign. The timid acceptance of this steady progress model absolutely appals me.

Having said that his toy out of the pram moment when Keegan said we couldn't compete with Chelsea in May seems strange. I now think that was because he was worried how Keegan's statement would affect ST sales or perhaps even then he was looking for an out with Keegan after realising he was too ambitious.