Newcastle United vs West Ham United

Tom

ohhhhhhhhhh deserved a winner right at the end there!!! jonas should have pulled it back instead of going for the shot! but great play to create that chance. all in all, decent performance, but hopefully you can get some new players and get rid of some old ones.

Could have gone either way, we were shocking during the first 20 mins of the second half, afterwards we were playing decent stuff, so I'm quite happy with the point.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, decent performace, ok result.

After taking the lead e really should of stayed firm, bassong again was outstanding though lucky not to give away a penalty. Coloccini is growingly becoming a worry, he is slow and at times gets caught out of position. Taylor done well at right back but wsn't brilliant. Enrique after a few decent game was woeful again, his distribution over and over again put us in trouble. Duff was tricky and done well, as to was gutierrez, he ran his heart out and for a world class tackle from upson would of got th goal he deserved. Geremi was wank a per usual. Guthrie for me was brilliant, worked hard, harried and his passing at times was rob lee'esq.

N'Zogbia s busy but no end product. Owen took his goal well and should of scored at the death. Carroll i was very impressed with, his hold play was good, worked hard and im chuffed the lad got hs goal.

Overall...pretty decent, both sides could of won it, id say we haded it but still gave west ham too much of the ball.

Not bad lads...

And you're Newcastle. You pay insane amounts of money to average players to play for you, give them massive salaries, and then they never want to leave and you are stuck with a terrible team. Funny how most other teams don't struggle to get rid of bad players, I wonder why that is...

LoL this coming from the lad supporting a team that let fabregas and god knows how many b-team players go for peanuts

can't wait till you end up paying 20m or more to get them back :icon_lol:

You know why we let him go for peanuts? Because we have one of the best youth academies in the world. Xavi and Iniesta, both of whom came through our youth academy, were our starting midfielders and would be for years to come. He had to option for waiting for his chance, but he chose to leave. Fair enough to him. But we can afford to do that because for years, we have invested in our own infrastructure, we produce a majority of our own players. Also, we always give our youngsters a chance to make it, each year a handful of them get promoted to the first team. Its a model that premiership teams like yourself would do well to follow, you won't see results for 5-10 years, but after that, you will be relatively self sustaining. If Ashley really wanted to invest in Newcastle, he should invest in helping Newcastle create a world class youth academy.

chompchomp

Entering into an arguement with a Barca fan over whose club is run best is a foolish idead my friend!

Too true. A club run by it's members, with no need for corporate sponsorship, with some of the best players in the world, against our debacle of a club.

Anyway, we really need to be winning our home games against the likes of West Ham but my money is on all three promoted clubs going back down. Hull aren't too far from being dragged back into it.

Jonas had every right to go for the shot there, we were already celebrating a goal at chez ATP but it wasn't to be.

Man of the match - surely Jonas. Fantastic performance all around.

N'Zogbia did well after his introduction I felt, sulky bastard but he earned his pay I thought.

Taylor was again shockingly shit, I swear it's a wonder he doesn't have more index finger injuries with all the pointing he seems to do.

Awful refereeing by the way. Missed the clear OMG stonewall penalty by Bassong and disallowed the obviously good own goal. I mean just look back at it. Collins is already diving to head the ball, almost no contact on him, Neill puts it into his own net, no reaction of disbelief from him or any West Ham player, no appeal, it was 100% legitimate.

Must have been fantastic in the first 35 minutes (which I didn't see) then because he was fucking shit for the rest of the game.

Enrique after a few decent game was woeful again, his distribution over and over again put us in trouble.

You're clearly blind. It was Enrique and Jonas combining several times down the left that was the only way that we broke forward. Enrique's pace and defending was put to use several times, not the least when he out ran Craig Bellamy to a ball. Sure, occasionally his long passes didn't directly find a target, but didn't see him turn a ball over that resulted in an opposing break. What did put us in trouble was Coloccini being dead slow, and Taylor waving his arms around like a prancing gymnast. We also had no central midfield. Guthrie was off the pace, and Geremi may as well not have been there (would have helped our free kicks/corners early on). Carroll had a good game (big improvement over his Hull performance) thoroughly deserved the goal. Jonas and Duff tried hard, and were decent. Finally got something out of one of Duffs crosses! Bassong needs to use his hands less in defense.

Must have been fantastic in the first 35 minutes (which I didn't see) then because he was fucking shit for the rest of the game.

You're always hard on him but I can't see how you were watching the same game as me, he was incredible.

(And he did provide a good run and assist for Owen's goal, which you missed then)

... and disallowed the obviously good own goal. I mean just look back at it. Collins is already diving to head the ball, almost no contact on him, Neill puts it into his own net, no reaction of disbelief from him or any West Ham player, no appeal, it was 100% legitimate.

Yeah thanks to Taylor for that. resting his arm on the back of n opposing defender in the box, great tactic that. If the ball was closer I have no doubt that Taylor would have legitimately fouled Collins, but as it stood it was an own goal and a tremendous one at that.

sorry, made a mistake there - Jonas didn't assist Owen's goal, Enrique (who was also good) did. but it was Jonas's incredible run and perfect pass that opened Owen up to score the first chance, which just clipped the post.

Awful refereeing by the way. Missed the clear OMG stonewall penalty by Bassong and disallowed the obviously good own goal. I mean just look back at it. Collins is already diving to head the ball, almost no contact on him, Neill puts it into his own net, no reaction of disbelief from him or any West Ham player, no appeal, it was 100% legitimate.

These things balance out though don't they? Missed a penalty and disallowed an own goal, two equally bad decisions but either way it cancels out. 2-2 was a fair result, both sides had many chances to find the winner but a draw's a fair result in my opinion.

washing my hands of the club now, unless this window works out ok, if not then my club can goto hell .

its like the mackems have bunged ashley to fuck us over

Edited by Hadrian

You're always hard on him but I can't see how you were watching the same game as me, he was incredible.

(And he did provide a good run and assist for Owen's goal, which you missed then)

I just don't get it - he's a winger who rarely puts a good cross in and can't shoot to save his life - but at the same time he makes me think "hmm... good player" when he does get on the ball - I just want more.

Enrique proved today why we need Riise.

Colocinni is doing his best to become the new Boumsong and is being outplayed by a player who cost 4 times less.

Carroll could be canny if we work on him. Brings the ball down at chest/head height better than anyone since Shearer was here.

Geremi should be given away for free.

Only we could boo a player off and then boo his replacement on.

Remember when Bobby said Shearer had become 'static', well Owen is the same. Bellamy gave him a lesson today in how to run into holes, turn your man, drop off and collect the ball. Owen just runs horizontally across the back 4 and whenever a cross or through ball comes in hes invariably in the wrong place or 20 yards behind play.

Given the circumstances I don't think this is the bad result some people are suggesting.

I think we have to stop looking at names and look at contexts more - I was saying to the lad at work who's a Blackburn fan who was going to go to fulham today that I thought at the time losing to them was a fucking disgrace but now a draw there would have looked like a good result. Given West Ham's recent form the result wasn't bad but I'm still worried about the rest of the season once the squad is weakened.

I just don't get it - he's a winger who rarely puts a good cross in and can't shoot to save his life - but at the same time he makes me think "hmm... good player" when he does get on the ball - I just want more.

I want more out of the other 9(Given aside) first. How the fuck can you get on his back when he never stops running. Anything good we do usually goes through him and he bails out our defence all the time. Duff managed to hit the first man with about 12 of his crosses today

Given the circumstances I don't think this is the bad result some people are suggesting.

I think we have to stop looking at names and look at contexts more - I was saying to the lad at work who's a Blackburn fan who was going to go to fulham today that I thought at the time losing to them was a fucking disgrace but now a draw there would have looked like a good result. Given West Ham's recent form the result wasn't bad but I'm still worried about the rest of the season once the squad is weakened.

It strikes me that some people still see Newcastle United as the side who was pushing for Champions league spots.

I want more out of the other 9(Given aside) first. How the fuck can you get on his back when he never stops running. Anything good we do usually goes through him and he bails out our defence all the time. Duff managed to hit the first man with about 12 of his crosses today

Fair enough but Duff (Who I don't rate at all) made the goal - and goals get results.

If you put enough shit balls in one of them is bound to hit the target sooner or later

Better than none at all.

In all the games he''s played I don't think Jonas has put more than 20 crosses into the box.

Yet hes got more assists than anyone else in our team? I dont care if he can cross as long as he can cut the ball back or slide through balls like he does. Owen is never going to win a header against a CB, all his headed goals come from him being unmarked in the box