Geordies vs Makems, the derby!

Venom

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when are we firing this chipmunk they call jfk? Lovenkrands should have come on earlier, from the start imo. Then he puts off our most experienced cb to put steven taylor in there for the last 2 minutes. steven taylor almost gives them a goal twice, making me shudder.

We didn't play too bad. If we didn't have the lumbering idiot that was Ameobi upfront and instead had the likes of Martins back then I could have seen us winning it. Jonas made some good runs but the delivery was never great, but maybe if we had someone willing to run a little upfront then there could have been someone near Jonas to take a little flick back off. Just got to look to the future now, I guess...

Couple of times the ball went out to Jonas in a good crossing position, and he either cut inside or passed it back to Enrique.

Needs to play more centrally if he's not going to do the basics that is the bread and butter for every winger.

Brilliant second half in comparison to the first, Enrique, Bassong and Jonas were superb

I just question his ability to cross and to pass.

I just think we lack anyone in attack with the ability to make a run or read a pass, had Owen or Martins been on the pitch we would have hammered them in the 2nd half.

Jonas can't cross a ball with his left foot. So when he's played out there you know his bally into the box are going to be without power and skidding in. B) Kept getting into good position but could do nothing with it. Frustrating. Could barely look when Ameobi stepped up to take the penalty. Chopra did us a bloody big favour with his decision making, though Nicky Butt should hang his head in shame for that woeful pass (and his pathetic attempt at actually running earlier in the game).

Couple of times the ball went out to Jonas in a good crossing position, and he either cut inside or passed it back to Enrique.

Needs to play more centrally if he's not going to do the basics that is the bread and butter for every winger.

yeh miss millner or even robert in that capacity.

I still think Jonas is a very able player, but he's so predictable to watch. If you've got two strikers over 6 foot up front, rather than say a Michael Owen + Martins combo, you have to be looking to play it in, whereas with the latter duo you might have to cut in more cos it's unlikely they'll win many headers.

Get him telt Joe! B)

at least sunderland fans will be more dissapointed thanks to chopras decision making.

I honestly think he didn't want Sunderland to score.

Brilliant second half in comparison to the first, Enrique, Bassong and Jonas were superb

I just question his ability to cross and to pass.

I just think we lack anyone in attack with the ability to make a run or read a pass, had Owen or Martins been on the pitch we would have hammered them in the 2nd half.

Of course we would have won it then, but some of Guti's crosses were just useless, hit the first Mackem in the box. He needs to improve on that. Apart from that he's an exciting player, his runs on the wing were brilliant at times.

great match really thought we would get the win though. bassong is absolute class now we need someone whos not a clown next to him, colo has been really dissapointing recently. thought it was a good debut from nolan good passing and hustled his way around just what we need really. also think taylor at RB deserves a mention he got forward very well and used the ball well around the area

Thougt Bassong was on top of everything today. Excellent display along with Enrique who put in one of the best shifts I've seen from him. Even thogh ameobi scored a very well taken penalty he was absolutely hopeless otherwise. Thought the rest of team did quite well in general.

Thougt Bassong was on top of everything today.

Everything except when Jones turned on him from wide. Thankfully Jones miss-kicked the shot. Though yeah Bassong was excellent, as was Enrique. Would like to say the same for Jonas, but was badly let down by his crossing.

Thougt Bassong was on top of everything today. Excellent display along with Enrique who put in one of the best shifts I've seen from him. Even thogh ameobi scored a very well taken penalty he was absolutely hopeless otherwise. Thought the rest of team did quite well in general.

Bassong is the only thing that 'the scouting system' have got right, he looks top notch