Middlesbrough 33 31 -22 25 0-0 FT v Fulham

Newcastle 32 30 -15 37

West Brom 32 25 -31 28

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look doomed.

No, it is all up to us. Even if we lose tomorrow, we still have sufficient home games to stay up. Our survival rests purely with our home games (and, I believe a point at Villa is not beyond us).

Apart from Stoke and possibly Pompey probably making themselves clear, I'm not that disappointed overall - the Mackems are still catchable and I know Hull & Blackburn both have nasty games coming up.

Don't get me wrong I still think we will go down but I still have a bit of hope.

We look doomed.

I don't know if Hull lose three and draw 2 they have 36 ponits. If they win one thats 38. I think Middlesbrough are fucked after today I can see them only getting another 3 points max. Blackburn I reckon could get 40 points so I reckon it is between us The Boro and Hull. I think we have a good chance of getting 9 points from our remaining home games. If we can squeeze a point tomorrow and against Villa I think that we could be safe. I am however not going to build my hopes too much.

Apart from Stoke and possibly Pompey probably making themselves clear, I'm not that disappointed overall - the Mackems are still catchable and I know Hull & Blackburn both have nasty games coming up.

Don't get me wrong I still think we will go down but I still have a bit of hope.

Yeah, not the worse set of results for me. Blackburn back in the shit, Hull in freefall and Smogs only got 1 point with arse, manu and us to come. I'd have preffered mackesm to lose of even a draw myself but Hull look very catchable now.

Also whilst i wanted Pompey to lose, thinking about it, at least by the time we play them theres a good chance they're safe and have fuck all to play for, sometimes that makes for opposition who aren't exactly fired up.

We look doomed.

I don't know if Hull lose three and draw 2 they have 36 ponits. If they win one thats 38. I think Middlesbrough are fucked after today I can see them only getting another 3 points max. Blackburn I reckon could get 40 points so I reckon it is between us The Boro and Hull. I think we have a good chance of getting 9 points from our remaining home games. If we can squeeze a point tomorrow and against Villa I think that we could be safe. I am however not going to build my hopes too much.

4 home wins all season, you are building your hopes more than I am if you reckon we are going to win 3 on the trot. Aye they are winnable but when you think of our performances at home against the likes Stoke, Wigan, Mackems, Hull, Blackburn etc I can't even be as optimistic as you are...

Arsenal A

Man U H

Us Lot A

West 'am A

Boros last 4 games, i cannot see them getting a point from that lot!!

We look doomed.

4 home wins all season, you are building your hopes more than I am if you reckon we are going to win 3 on the trot. Aye they are winnable but when you think of our performances at home against the likes Stoke, Wigan, Mackems, Hull, Blackburn etc I can't even be as optimistic as you are...

Aye I know what you mean but I base my small amount of optimism on the fact neither Kinnear or Hughton are in charge anymore therefore someone with a clue may possibly be picking the team and tactics.

We look doomed.

But all those games came when we didn't have a decent set-up. I honestly believe Shearer and Dowie can make a difference with our remaining matches. Not to mention the fans at home - we can start to get behind the team (now that we know the end is nigh) which can make a difference.

Fingers crossed.

Not to mention the fans at home - we can start to get behind the team (now that we know the end is nigh) which can make a difference.

I don't hold out much hope for that, tbh. I've given up on good atmospheres at home games, no matter how important it is.

Looking at the table right now, I feel really deflated.

i thought the results were canny today.

I knew today that who ever lost between hull and sunderland were in the shit.

Its between us hull and boro for the 2 who go down.

Its very do-able to stay up

We have to get something from the game tomorrow, Mackems won, Stoke won, Pompy won, we are in even deeper shit if we dont get something.

I think we are depending too much on the games against Pompy, Fulham and Boro. Its the games like tomorrow we need to be looking to get a bit of luck and sneaking the three points, results like that from now to the end of the season will keep us up, I cant see wins against Pompy, Fulham or Boro meaning safety is guaranteed.