• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabregas' post match interview :ninja: 4 assists and a goal in 75 mins

"how do you rate your performance today"

"er...I think I should've done better"

Edited by Andrew

Can't find a YouTube link for it yet/now, but Hertha Berlin-Hamburg on ESPN today was utterly spectacular.

Hertha, bottom of the table and generally hopeless this season, went ahead in the ninth minute with a well-worked move from a corner.

They then preceded to level things out with a comedy own goal, as a result of which (and an alleged injury, but he didn't seem to be limping much) the 'keeper was taken off in the 30th minute.

A few minutes later, the Hertha substitute 'keeper raced out of his area to head away a speculative ball forward, only for it to be returned into the back of the net by Hamburg. 2-1.

86 seconds later, another speculative ball forward by Hamburg. Substitute 'keeper dashes out of his area again, heads the ball clear again - Hamburg return the ball into the back of the net again. 3-1. Which is how it finished.

Sadly, there is no easy German linguistic equivalent to ROFLHAM LOLSPURZ. :ninja:

They're making a big deal out of the difference between the Man City fans' reaction to Dunne and the Villa fans' reaction to Barry, as well as Dunne's reaction to his goal compared to Adebayor's after he scored against Arsenal but the circumstances under which Barry and Adebayor left aren't exactly the same as Dunne's, are they?

They're making a big deal out of the difference between the Man City fans' reaction to Dunne and the Villa fans' reaction to Barry, as well as Dunne's reaction to his goal compared to Adebayor's after he scored against Arsenal but the circumstances under which Barry and Adebayor left aren't exactly the same as Dunne's, are they?

Dunne got a text off Mark Hughes in the summer(as club captain), telling him that he was free to join another club. Player of the season for them 3times(or so too).

Dunne got a text off Mark Hughes in the summer(as club captain), telling him that he was free to join another club. Player of the season for them 3times(or so too).

By text? :ninja::) I thought Dunne's reaction was good btw and I wasn't condoning what Adebayor did either. It was more the way they were making out Man City's fans were so respectful etc. compared to Villa's when it was completely different since Villa wanted to hang onto Barry whereas Man City wanted to peddle Dunne.

Yep.

I think Barry handing in a transfer request and then I think he did an open letter in one of the papers or something, pissed them off.

I know City seem to have spent well, but Barry left Europa cup and higher placed Villa, for no Europe and lower placed City.

IIRC that fella Cooke told Dunne that he was free to stay and fight for his place, only to find out a week later that he was being sold in order to 'balance the books'. :ninja:

Edit: Something like that http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8237605.stm

Edited by ewerk