Other games

Park Life

I did a facebook status a few months back saying if Parker is captain for the Euros im supporting the Netherlands. Dunno where that leaves me now like because it was mostly a pisstake. That said I really dont think I can support a nation with that joke as captain.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone get the impression that Pearce has got it into his head (or someone at the FA put the idea there?) that he stands a good chance of getting the gig full time?...according to the press this morning he's changed some minor bits to do with the tournament later this summer eg warm ups etc. I think its pretty irrelevent whos appointed, weve tried every sort of manager out there and none of them can make the typical English season less physically demanding or motivate the players sufficiently to be able to shrug being knackered off and giving it their all. Would the current squad react well to the motivational techniques of a sort of cross between Churchill (the patriotic statesman, not the dog) and Vinny Jones?

I don't think the Redknapp thing is a done deal, walking away from Spurs at this moment in time for a thankless job which will end in tears anyway seems a strange thing to do. And the job will almost certainly be open again for him in a couple of years anyway.

I don't think the Redknapp thing is a done deal, walking away from Spurs at this moment in time for a thankless job which will end in tears anyway seems a strange thing to do. And the job will almost certainly be open again for him in a couple of years anyway.

I agree. It's quite funny to watch the media try and appoint Redknapp. Though, on the other side of the coin, imagine the cold shoulder an alternative appointment would get from the press? After all their swooning over 'arry

My worry for Redknapp being appointed is the serious threat of a possible Parker Captaincy (as he already is tonight) and persisting with players like Lampard when it's time to move on from them.

Apparently there's a few FA board members who aren't sold on Redknapp due to his lack of experience at the highest level.

Like theyre in a posistion to judge....I used to hand our Sunday League score cards to one of the old fuckers, Peter Hough, head of Dorset FA. Run from a Portacabin in a car park. He was on Simon Jordan's disciplinary comittee when the Palace chairman was up in front of the FA...I think it was a bit like 3 christians v 1 lion....basically a bunch of amateurs running a professional game.

Arsenal and Manchester City will play a match in Beijing's 'Bird's Nest' Olympic Stadium on the day that London welcomes the world for this year's summer Games.

The Premier League rivals said their first teams would play a one-off match for the inaugural 'China Cup' on July 27 with a local kick-off time of 2000 (1200 GMT), six-and-a-half hours before the London opening ceremony begins.

Wonder what that's going to pay.

Hart

Richards-Cahill-Smalling-Baines

Gerrard-Parker-Barry

Johnson-Welbeck-Young

Glad he's went with the younger lads in most positions but he's bottled the central midfield, don't like Barry playing there at all.

SHUT THE FUCK UP CHILES YOU CABBAGE PATCH CUNT

:lol: Can't stand him, remember him during the world cup (think it was the 2006 WC) where he had a half Croatia, half England shirt what a bellend.

U21's won 4-0 good match like Lansbury scored 2, looks a canny player.

He turns it all into frippery every time . Every clip or interview he has to have first dibs on the patter "hey look at the haircoots back then eh" or "his mhum wawnt want him out withawt a coat" or some similar guff . At half time then y always get the bit clip of somone in crowd where he does the same kind of commentary. *Shot of bloke wearing glasses* "hey I bet he needs glasses to find thawse glassis"etc etc

Isn't that Pieters the one we were linked with before we got Santon? he's getting a dry bumming here. Very dull 1st half Parker and Barry successfully killing any quick breaks we have by either holding the ball too long or pirouetting to find the furthest back defender.

29/02/2012 Single To Win R Van Persie @ 13/8 Anytime Goalscorer England v Holland Pending £8.00

29/02/2012 Single To Win Draw / Holland @ 5/1 Half-Time/Full-Time England v Holland Pending £5.00

:good: